William of Walworth

Kizzie

6 hours ago, Kizzie said:

For those of you who remember William, one of the original eFest posters, I am very sad to say that he has passed away 😢 

RIP William 🙏 

I have him on my friends on FB but I was wondering about flowers etc. I know it's early but can we sort something as a group. I would offer but I am really shit at things like this.

Heard yesterday, glad to see there's a thread for him. He was a well-informed poster, not least about the weather. Was looking forward to bumping into him at the last fest of the season next weekend, which means the last time I did was at a Glasto info stand where he and Debs were regular workers. RIP William. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

RIP an eFests legend. Enjoyed his weather posts, and this charming (if unexciting) write-up of Glasto 2000 (he saw Gong over Bowie and didn’t regret it), with a prescient note at the end about the future of the festival: https://www.efestivals.co.uk/festivals/glastonbury/2000/review-fest1.shtml

Thank you for posting that, well remembered, it was a joy to read.

Bless you William 🙏 

I had a terrible shock yesterday afternoon when I saw a post on Facebook. I usually bumped into William at various festivals and occasional real ale pub binges (with Deb). He was in  poor shape at Bearded Theory (one of his faves - I don't think he missed any of them at all) and I had a call from him on Sunday evening at Glastonbury offering to get me into the Circus Fields Crew Bar. Getting into crew bars was always a top priority for William. That was the last time I saw him. I for one will miss his company immensely. I really think Bearded should have a little memorial for him next year.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

RIP an eFests legend. Enjoyed his weather posts, and this charming (if unexciting) write-up of Glasto 2000 (he saw Gong over Bowie and didn’t regret it), with a prescient note at the end about the future of the festival: https://www.efestivals.co.uk/festivals/glastonbury/2000/review-fest1.shtml

Cheers for that memory nugget. A great read. He'll be sorely missed.