Another food thread…

Hugh Jass II

8 minutes ago, blue6field said:

Steak and Black pudding is the Rolls Royce of pies!

i bloody love a white pudding supper too, thats just FYI 😄 

a scottish food van would be great actually, lorne sausage and tattie scone in a morning roll with a pint of tea and i'd be ready to take on the world! 

• Upvote 1

Best breakfast has to be Eat The Farm.  They do their food fo a fiver breakfast.  Sausage patty, cheese, bacon and a fried egg in a brioche.  Had one very morning in 2019. So good, they were flying out.  There is a pic of it on the link by the OP.

14 minutes ago, balti-pie said:

i bloody love a white pudding supper too, thats just FYI 😄 

a scottish food van would be great actually, lorne sausage and tattie scone in a morning roll with a pint of tea and i'd be ready to take on the world! 

More commonly known in certain parts as a mealy pudding!

Aye a Scottish Stodge van would be great, would be interested to see the reaction to some of our other culinary delights 😂

2 minutes ago, ChimpyJ said:

Best breakfast has to be Eat The Farm.  They do their food fo a fiver breakfast.  Sausage patty, cheese, bacon and a fried egg in a brioche.  Had one very morning in 2019. So good, they were flying out.  There is a pic of it on the link by the OP.

Whereabouts is Eat the Farm based on site again?

10 minutes ago, ChimpyJ said:

Thanks for the tip - I'm going to be all over that! 

I'll have a min of 2 x oggie over the festival period! lovey stuff. 

I always crave a bog standard sausage and chips with lashings of salt by the sunday

Highlight from last year was a pork jerk meal from a stall in silver hayes, wen't back later in the fest  - but it wasn't as good

Ooh, tacky cravings - I’ll have a couple of veggie/vegan days and generally tend to eat pretty damn well when I’m there, lots of salads/fruit/smoothies/veggies every day - but I have to save room and calories for a huge great big roast pork roll for Sunday lunch as well. Love em. An extremely drunk mate of mine once ate three in a row at Reading one year, he was absolutely floored by a food coma for a good couple of hours afterwards the detty pig 

10 hours ago, Hugh Jass II said:

So much great looking stuff on here…

https://burnessie.co.uk/2022/05/09/essential-eats-glastonbury-2022/?amp=1

Only problem is I always forget about it all when I’m actually on site. Have made a point of bookmarking this site.

Roaming Rotisserie is in Williams Green again, a great source of comfort food!  🙂

Edited by StoneCircle

6 hours ago, balti-pie said:

My man. This is my subject.

I miss the square pie stall, they were excellent - further back i was a big fan of Pieminister when they had a stall next to the brothers bar in west holts, they did a cracking breakfast pie with mash, gravy and crispy onions for i think six quid last time they were there. It went delightfully with a cold pint of breakfast brothers and the first act on West Holts at 11.10am etc. This year we have yet to set our pie adventures in stone, the world is our oyster! 

Our local butchers do a tremendous curry pie as well as steak and black pudding, chicken and haggis. Venison and red wine

8D76D508-4C89-4089-A828-B46416415070.thumb.png.c1b9122b4eb46d2cbb9e5c0cdb83b864.png

6 minutes ago, balti-pie said:

That’s a really deep pie filling 😍  how are they on macaroni pies? 

They’re a quality butcher, it’s got to contain meat whether it’s chicken, beef, pork, rabbit or venison. I’d get my arse well and truly booted if I dared ask for a meat free pie. The pepper sauce one numbs your mouth like you had just been to the dentist

Macaroni pies are however available from their less discerning competitor .

Edited by Ayrshire Chris

Anyone remember the food stall that was serving bacon sausage and egg muffins to the left or the other stage towards Silver Hayes in 2019. Was right next to our tent in Oxylers - was wicked, homemade muffins and everything. Forgot the name, maybe something to do with pirate radio/station or a possible link to a streets song, I know it’s vague but that’s all I can remember. If anyway can help me out would be hugely appreciated 

Are any of the better food places open late late, like 5am staggering back from the SEC sort of late? 🤔

In 2013 I’d forgotten to eat anything substantial earlier before seriously getting on it all night… come the early hours I was desperate for sustenance but all we could find was an extremely mediocre chip van. 

Would be great if anything better ran through the night. Although I’ll admit the chances of me remembering any recommendations in that scenario are low! 😂

Edited by jimmillen

1 hour ago, jimmillen said:

Are any of the better food places open late late, like 5am staggering back from the SEC sort of late? 🤔

In 2013 I’d forgotten to eat anything substantial earlier before seriously getting on it all night… come the early hours I was desperate for sustenance but all we could find was an extremely mediocre chip van. 

Would be great if anything better ran through the night. Although I’ll admit the chances of me remembering any recommendations in that scenario are low! 😂

Seems unlikely. If they've got great food then they can sell sufficient at peak times, plus want to let their staff kip. 

In the meantime the revellers either have no appetite or are a lot less fussy in the wee small hours. 

3 hours ago, jefwefwef said:

I think it's such a shame that they'll probably farm out various shoddy mapping/app stuff to random agencies who have no passion for the festival and either pay a fortune for it, or sell their souls (EE) for it. If they said "we need a crew of ppl to put this together, you'll get paid a lowish amount on a standard contract but you'll get a handful of tickets each" you'd suddenly find the very best mapping/app dev talent in the country coming out of the woodwork to do it for peanuts and loving it and making an absolutely amazing product. Festifood is a heap of shite, but that's only because it's an evenings and weekends hobby for me. Even just an open source project that had a special deal for data access would be a huge deal and the resulting projects would I'm sure be amazing. If the data was open, who knows what cool stuff would pop up?

Yep, have had similar thoughts to you on that front. Make info more available (via official apps or otherwise) and it could encourage people to explore further corners of the site and give people a better experience. Find it so weird how they publish a full line-up including tiny stages but don't actually make it clear where some of those stages are.

And it's increasingly looking outdated to cede control of the app to sponsorship and not update it year round with news etc. The website isn't "brought to you by BT Broadband" eh?

I get they're unlikely to be able to afford a full time developer or two however, there are ways and means of doing this stuff without big outlays.

BTW absolutely not a heap of shite! it's valuable service for the food conscious! 

26 minutes ago, cerv said:

Yep, have had similar thoughts to you on that front. Make info more available (via official apps or otherwise) and it could encourage people to explore further corners of the site and give people a better experience. Find it so weird how they publish a full line-up including tiny stages but don't actually make it clear where some of those stages are.

And it's increasingly looking outdated to cede control of the app to sponsorship and not update it year round with news etc. The website isn't "brought to you by BT Broadband" eh?

I get they're unlikely to be able to afford a full time developer or two however, there are ways and means of doing this stuff without big outlays.

BTW absolutely not a heap of shite! it's valuable service for the food conscious! 

Yeah it's not as if everyone else on site is being paid top dollar. Some are, for sure: various security, structural, power, safety etc stuff can't be got on the cheap (and shouldnt be) but all the artists take a huge paycut, the vast majority of the staff on site are unpaid, etc. No reason the same can't be true for some of the digital services they need to put the fest on. It's a prestige project, after all, and fantastic marketing.

Edited by jefwefwef

23 hours ago, gigpusher said:

I've said it before and I'll say it again. They really should release the food line up as well. You can tell they put a lot of effort into it. Anyone who eats badly at the festival really only has themselves to blame. 

There's already 100 stages and 1000s of acts, i can't try and make a food clashfinder too! Especially when i'm shit faced, i'm going to the first decent looking one i see!