Festival layout/map 2022

March Hare

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Dukeicon said:

First Official Map of 2022!

Off Site Traffic Map

Only real difference from the 2019 map is Orange Campervan has been replaced with Sticklinch camping and parking for Sticklinch camping has been added.

thumbnail_OFF-SITE_TRAFFIC_INFORMATION_MAP_2022_v3.thumb.jpg.70fe783c42012c83bd36cb9b0db7711d.jpg

SOURCE: https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/information/getting-here/by-car/

Could that be a new public camping space by PGD? It wasn't grey last time and I'm 2019 seems to have been labelled orange staff camping. Or they could have just forgotten to shade it last time...

55 minutes ago, al_coholic said:

So the orange bit is sticklinch parking and the 2 grey bits are sticklinch camping. Which looks to be a similar size to the previous camper fields which wouldn't have needed separate parking. Is that right?

Yeah, the orange bit is new. I guess the assumption before was one grey field was tents and one was parking, but they’re both tents

32 minutes ago, t0paz said:

Yeah, the orange bit is new. I guess the assumption before was one grey field was tents and one was parking, but they’re both tents

Yeah that parking field is quite big, only a little bit smaller than the WV parking field. 

Wonder if there are any clever buggers on here who can map out the comparative size of Sticklinch and WV

4 minutes ago, al_coholic said:

Yeah that parking field is quite big, only a little bit smaller than the WV parking field. 

Wonder if there are any clever buggers on here who can map out the comparative size of Sticklinch and WV

Your wish is my etc...

A bit rudimentary, but gives an idea. I've also moved Sticklinch parking over to sit next to WV parking to compare the car park sizes:

image.png.f77a4ad976f1e36fe66eaa3310be93d0.png

image.png.e3d3d464c1219d345b46f1becd539bbe.png

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Dukeicon said:

First Official Map of 2022!

Off Site Traffic Map

Only real difference from the 2019 map is Orange Campervan has been replaced with Sticklinch camping and parking for Sticklinch camping has been added.

thumbnail_OFF-SITE_TRAFFIC_INFORMATION_MAP_2022_v3.thumb.jpg.70fe783c42012c83bd36cb9b0db7711d.jpg

SOURCE: https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/information/getting-here/by-car/

Great stuff, any map is better than no map. 🙂

In the East car parks / CV fields I'm not sure which is which. Pretty sure the light blue are all CV and purple all parking, but what about 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 - are they CV or parking?

I'm just trying to work out where I parked in 2016 to make a comparison of the walking distance to campsites from East v West parking 🙂

3 minutes ago, jimmillen said:

In the East car parks / CV fields I'm not sure which is which. Pretty sure the light blue are all CV and purple all parking, but what about 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 - are they CV or parking?

All CV.

7 minutes ago, blutarsky said:

Your wish is my etc...

A bit rudimentary, but gives an idea. I've also moved Sticklinch parking over to sit next to WV parking to compare the car park sizes:

image.png.f77a4ad976f1e36fe66eaa3310be93d0.png

image.png.e3d3d464c1219d345b46f1becd539bbe.png

nice one. So not actually dis-similar in terms of camping field size once you take into account the farm buildings in WV but with the pods/belles/yurts/bunks etc.. in sticklinch then the overall unit number should be considerably less. Plus with the car park off stickleball lane for anyone coming in from the South/North West this should be a really good option

18 minutes ago, TheDayman said:

Capacity is up 10k this year, isn't it? So maybe a bit of extra space claimed for tents?

There's been no confirmation if they have used up the additional capacity. It was available to them in 2019 but not used.

Driving from London what is the best way to approach the fest to ensure I can park near PGA or PGD as we want to camp in Paines? In 2019 I thought I had planned it out, but then eventually came to a steward who would only allow us to be directed in one direction to the other side of the site so I was parked by PGC and had to walk across the whole site with all our stuff! Do not want to repeat that! Thanks!

Edited by Ell99

Bit of info for you all (not sure if this info is already out there) but BBC introducing is moving to the field I have circled in red which has previously been extra crew camping for Silver Hayes. Presume it will slot in to the middle of the field perhaps with the traders re positioned to along the tree lines?

image.png.b45ae57c03445dd37bdf03cf6688a69f.png

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Pretty much a given that the area was getting a reshuffle given the new stages, but good to get confirmation. Bit less traffic going past introducing if the food vendors stay there though, which is a shame for those smaller artists, so hopefully your shout about them relocating is right Joey. 

Edited by Tuna

6 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Pretty much a given that the area was getting a reshuffle given the new stages, but good to get confirmation. Bit less traffic going past introducing if the food vendors stay there though, which is a shame for those smaller artists, so hopefully your shout about them relocating is right Joey. 

It couldn't have come from a more involved source, let's put it that way.

I know it's going in that field just not the exact location within it.

16 minutes ago, Ell99 said:

Driving from London what is the best way to approach the fest to ensure I can park near PGA or PGD as we want to camp in Paines? In 2019 I thought I had planned it out, but then eventually came to a steward who would only allow us to be directed in one direction to the other side of the site so I was parked by PGC and had to walk across the whole site with all our stuff! Do not want to repeat that! Thanks!

Either the long way round, M4, M5 then into site from west along A39, A361 into the west car parks; or we used to take the M4 to Bristol, then take the M32 and then the A37 until the Wells turn, then taking the A39 into Glastonbury and join the route from the west that way. I'm sure there are better ones but these have worked for us in the past.