Festival layout/map 2022

March Hare

5 minutes ago, Wanderlei said:

Is Glastonbury on Sea back again, do you think? Only walked past it, but it looked crowded and a bit naff from what I could see. I'm willing to be wrong about that though... (I did like the little stage opposite the entrance though. Saw a couple of good acts there as I wandered past)

It’s a big outlay if they only do it once … they barely finished it … I think it will be back but I’ve seen nothing about that blue tented sea that they spoke of 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Wanderlei said:

Is Glastonbury on Sea back again, do you think? Only walked past it, but it looked crowded and a bit naff from what I could see. I'm willing to be wrong about that though... (I did like the little stage opposite the entrance though. Saw a couple of good acts there as I wandered past)

I completely forgot to check it out last time. Will make sure I get over there on one of the non music days. 

21 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

I completely forgot to check it out last time. Will make sure I get over there on one of the non music days. 

Tried to check it out on the Wednesday but it was still being built and never made it back. I hope it comes back it’s a bit novel and Glasto like, although I can’t see me spending more than 5 mins walking through 

1 hour ago, efcfanwirral said:

We walked through it one evening and to its credit, it reminded me of Southport pier insofar it was desolate and looked like it needed a fair bit of work doing on it.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Barneym said:

Tried to check it out on the Wednesday but it was still being built and never made it back. I hope it comes back it’s a bit novel and Glasto like, although I can’t see me spending more than 5 mins walking through 

We went on Friday afternoon and it was open but still didn't look properly finished, like there was things that looked like they'd been scrapped last minute.

It was a really good concept and there was some cool stuff on there so hoping they get it up and running in time this year!

3 hours ago, blutarsky said:

I managed Maceos to right by JPT in about that time in 2019 - at 6am. I weaved a bit.

I slowed down crossing the Pyramid field looking for dropped cash - even though this was Friday morning so no crowds at the Pyramid the night before... 🤣

My god- if you were capable of having even basic motor functions after a 6am finish in Maceos I am deeply impressed! 

29 minutes ago, the_arsonist said:

We went on Friday afternoon and it was open but still didn't look properly finished, like there was things that looked like they'd been scrapped last minute.

It was a really good concept and there was some cool stuff on there so hoping they get it up and running in time this year!

Yeah- should be done earlier this time I reckon, the build clearly went way over time!

It was quite good fun- especially it seems for the friends I bumped into there who were not quite on the same plane of reality at that precise moment...

2 hours ago, Wanderlei said:

There was some fantastic vintage 90s pinball machines in there. I got pretty emotional when I stumbled upon them on Sat or Sun afternoon. Things I’d never thought I’d see again, let alone play. Stuff yer Kylies, yer Rosses, yer Dolly Partons, that’s very much my legends slot. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mardy said:

There was some fantastic vintage 90s pinball machines in there.

Ah, summers in Margate!

Yeah enjoyed them myself. Nice to take a view in for 10 minutes or so in the evening too. Away from the madness. When its not too jammed. Also met Michael Eavis at the opening of it so its served its purpose for me.

Although I couldn't help visualising an on-the-pier Grand Theft Auto 5 type scenario which isn't very Glasto.

• Upvote 1

On 3/26/2022 at 9:40 AM, Gnomicide said:

I have heard a rumour of a one off change to one of the better known bits of the festival but am sworn to secrecy. Hopefully that will be announced soon if it is happening, sounds amazing.

Details coming "some time in the next week". It's nothing to do with The Pyramid or Silver Hayes but 🤯

18 hours ago, Mardy said:

There was some fantastic vintage 90s pinball machines in there. I got pretty emotional when I stumbled upon them on Sat or Sun afternoon. Things I’d never thought I’d see again, let alone play. Stuff yer Kylies, yer Rosses, yer Dolly Partons, that’s very much my legends slot. 

yeah, I was in heaven! I spent a good hour there playing on the tables and found the guy from the pinball museum who was looking after the machines and bought a load of stickers from him 🙂  'Getaway' is still an epic game 🙂

IMG_20190629_163641195.jpg

2 minutes ago, paulshane said:

yeah, I was in heaven! I spent a good hour there playing on the tables and found the guy from the pinball museum who was looking after the machines and bought a load of stickers from him 🙂  'Getaway' is still an epic game 🙂

IMG_20190629_163641195.jpg

Getaway was the one, yep. A little squeal of joy from me when I spotted that one. All we need now is Addams Family and Fish Tales. Get 'em on the lineup poster!

4 minutes ago, Mardy said:

Getaway was the one, yep. A little squeal of joy from me when I spotted that one. All we need now is Addams Family and Fish Tales. Get 'em on the lineup poster!

Addams Family is joint top #1 (with Twilight Zone) as my all time fave table. However, this is a widely shared view which means they are MEGA expensive to buy these days, I'd be wary of setting one up at a festival full of clumsy drunk people 🙂

Spent hundreds on Fish Tales at Uni as well "Hoooow big was it?"

Edited by paulshane

2 minutes ago, blutarsky said:

LEAK IT LEAK IT LEAK IT 

watching homer simpson GIF

I'm saying nothing. I believe it will be announced by the official website etc. 

I occasionally get sent stuff by people who ask my not to say anything. I could blurt it out but that would stop me getting the stuff they send after that.   

Just now, Gnomicide said:

I occasionally get sent stuff by people who ask my not to say anything. I could blurt it out but that would stop me getting the stuff they send after that.   

We can wait. Looking forward to the announcement and the preservation of your trusted ITK status

3 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Absolutely the right thing to do. But still...  🤨

1 hour ago, Mardy said:

All we need now is Addams Family

oof that brought back many a memory of playing that as a kid. That one, The Indiana Jones, Star Wars and Twilight Zone are absolute gems.  I'm definitely going to have to make an effort to get the the Pier and indulge myself in some pinball nostalgia this year!

4 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Your restraint is legendary.  At least we can narrow it down a little.  Could be the other - which could do with a freshen up, or the spider could be returning to arcadia - which was alluded to elsewhere.  Interesting times!