Discovered acts from the line up you’ve never heard before

kalifire

14 hours ago, MaxPower said:

Edit: Replaced with original, forgot how much Beyoncé remix is just Beyoncé:

You’ve probably heard it but her verses on WAP are lit, eats Cardi up

Then the biggest bop is probs Hot Girl Summer 

honestly she’s got a deep back catalogue given she’s only been round a few years. So much in there.

Having been away and listened to a little bit I've decided Doja Cat is "not for me Clive", but MTS has been upgraded to "might watch a bit if nothing else is on that takes my fancy".

9 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Having been away and listened to a little bit I've decided Doja Cat is "not for me Clive", but MTS has been upgraded to "might watch a bit if nothing else is on that takes my fancy".

Aye that’s where I’m at, Meg loses a lot of clashes for me but if I’m not clashed I’ll make the effort 

33 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

Bunny is great! I think it being the outright #1 reflected a lack of stone-cold bangers in 2021 though. In a strong year (2010, 2007, 2016) you'd struggle to see it getting past the top 20 range, even for the poptimists at P4K.

That definitely took her to the next level of critical praise & buzz, but @Matt42 you're right that Pang has been a slow-burner and her arc is unusual. Even Chairlift are getting their dues retrospectively, 10-odd years since they broke.

She's the main support for Dua's North American tour atm, so I'm sure playing to 10,000s of people a night doesn't hurt. Reckon she'll draw a solid crowd at Glasto, probably a good third of them on intrigue alone.

I love Pang but Bunny didn’t grab me at all.

So Hot You’re Hurting My Feelings? Now that’s a song of the year.

Do find it weird that she’s becoming popular in the pop music circles, though. Seems like she should be more niche than that.

Going to make my way through all the acts on the poster I'm unfamiliar with and give them 4-5 songs minimum.

First up this weekend was Turnstile, after @Brave Sir Robin(I think) posted about them in another thread. They're not really the sort of band I'd usually listen to, but after seeing the live video and then delving a little deeper I think I may watch them (clashes permitting). 

Then gave Megan Thee Stallion a whirl. Really like her, for anybody unsure, I'd say if you enjoy Busta Rhymes and Missy Elliott then give her a whirl. Not sure who produced this album but the beats are sick, I enjoy her "fun" lyrics, although probably not one to listen with the kids in earshot. 

Don't know where she'd place, but if she's say 3rd down on The Other then I can imagine me catching her, always find that slot is the one to propel me from daytime to night time mode. 

19 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Thank god modern hip hop isn’t arsed about this gatekeeping nonsense

Yeah, I'd had a bit to drink and was being a bit of a dick about this last night. Apologies - I'll give Megan a proper try with an open mind.

42 minutes ago, nikkic said:

Going to make my way through all the acts on the poster I'm unfamiliar with and give them 4-5 songs minimum.

First up this weekend was Turnstile, after @Brave Sir Robin(I think) posted about them in another thread. They're not really the sort of band I'd usually listen to, but after seeing the live video and then delving a little deeper I think I may watch them (clashes permitting). 

Then gave Megan Thee Stallion a whirl. Really like her, for anybody unsure, I'd say if you enjoy Busta Rhymes and Missy Elliott then give her a whirl. Not sure who produced this album but the beats are sick, I enjoy her "fun" lyrics, although probably not one to listen with the kids in earshot. 

Don't know where she'd place, but if she's say 3rd down on The Other then I can imagine me catching her, always find that slot is the one to propel me from daytime to night time mode. 

Yes I think Megan will sub other - that day turns to night slot will work well. She will have a light show / stage set up I imagine. At Parklife she had fire breathers and a big fire cannon!

12 hours ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Does anyone actually like Years & Years? Feels like a waste of a slot...

Not on here but probably a decent amount of people do, they have quite a few big songs i'd be pretty happy to see them if they weren't on at sub-headliner time honestly. They did BBC NYE too which will help people's awareness of them

2 hours ago, ghandi said:

Easy Life - really like these, imagine afternoon set on JP.

Easy Life are great fun, will be pretty busy as they were at Reading last year at like 2pm (for the time of day at least).

I'm a bit baffled that Snarky Puppy have been around as a jazz (fusion) band for about 15 years and have tunes that have racked up over 10m Spotify listens, with that name, without my ever hearing of them. 

Girl in Red had passed me by too, young female indie singer-songwriter, with a kinda bratty pop angle, somewhere between Courtney Barnett, Soccer Mommy etc and Charli XCX.

Doubt I'll see either of them but discoveries all the same!

58 minutes ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

I'm a bit baffled that Snarky Puppy have been around as a jazz (fusion) band for about 15 years and have tunes that have racked up over 10m Spotify listens, with that name, without my ever hearing of them. 

They’d passed me by until a few months ago as well. They seem to be quite fluid with who’s in the band for different performances. Hoping we get Larnell Lewis (drums) and Corey Henry (keys). They sometimes feature Jacob Collier when he’s around too. That would be magic. 

• Upvote 1

Bicep have moved onto my 'must see' list but as they'll most likely headline a stage they may clash with someone higher up on that list. They've always been on my radar but never really given them a proper listen, Isles is a phenomenal album though and i've heard from friends how great they are live. Hopefully they've taken that Other headline against Macca, if not, they'll be great down on WH and hopefully i'll be able to catch them. Love this one, already picturing how amazing this will be live.

40 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Turnstile 4am on the Hell Stage surely?

I mean that would be cool but they still need to do a normal stage.

If theyre sunday they can easily do 2 gigs cause theyve got 4 days off afterwards. Maybe theyll add a solo london date on a whim.

Just enjoying that people are digging the mid late 80's hardcore sound now.

Edited by Suprefan

44 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

Think they could post up with a second Hell Stage appearance but they're definitely too hot right now not to play a regular slot most people can attend. Top 10 AOTY in NME and Pitchfork + late night TV appearances + sold-out UK dates shows will do that.

Early-mid afternoon JP feels nailed and it should be a blast.

Only shame, as @dentalplan has pointed out, is that they're not on Friday. Perfect band to ramp up the weekend hype.

Just for clarity I did mean a late nighter in addition to a main stage slot. Similar to Idles last time.

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

Does anyone go to 4am Hell Stage slots? I start early - I have no energy for that shit at that time.

Worthy View is right above it all, enjoyed listening to the Idles set whilst winding down back at the tent last time.

(Don’t think it was actually 4am either)

4 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Does anyone go to 4am Hell Stage slots? I start early - I have no energy for that shit at that time.

Do they even exist? Thought it was just something eFests made up to suggest for Rammstein every year back in like 2014.

23 hours ago, dentalplan said:

I was thinking I hadn't discovered anyone from the poster drop on Friday but Sampa is someone I hadn't listened to before she was on the 2020 poster so that technically counts.

Hoping I can manage to see her. If she brings this sort of energy, she'll steal the weekend.

Liking it mucho!

13 hours ago, BlackZeppelin said:

Wow, thanks for posting this, that's awesome

Another for the must-see list 🙌

13 hours ago, ghandi said:

I love this time of yeat pre festival when the first poster comes out and its Spotify time!

The worst thing in the world is finding a band you love and then realising you've missed them at Glastonbury when you could have seen them. Painful stuff. Probably worthy of another thread in itself.