Discovered acts from the line up you’ve never heard before

kalifire

Just now, Wanderlei said:

Baskery sound really cool. And that Paul McCartney fella has some bangers. If he plays it right, he could be huge one day!

Baskery, been listening to them as well. Songs such as shadow and rock and roll are decent tunes. For a bit of quite relaxing Avalon music Kate Rusby has a great voice 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Baskery, been listening to them as well. Songs such as shadow and rock and roll are decent tunes. For a bit of quite relaxing Avalon music Kate Rusby has a great voice 

Yeah, love Kate. Barnsley lass. She has her own festival, Underneath the Stars (named after her song). Never been, but it's on my to do list.

On 3/20/2022 at 11:08 PM, MaxPower said:

Unfortunately they’re likely headliners. I do love them but I’ll not be wasting a headliner to see them - would be perfect in the sun.

I saw them open West Holts a few years ago. It was drizzling and foggy. The band are from Texas and the singer kept saying how pleased he was to be in the rain at Glastonbury. It wasn't heavy rain and it was quite atmospheric. Liked it so much that I bought the CD immediately afterwards.

On 4/20/2022 at 11:39 AM, TASHMA BWABWE said:

I discovered Peat and Diesel yesterday and have been rinsing their two albums (plus live album) since:

Good for a bit of an Avalon sing a long. Much better imo are Alestorm, another Scottish band, an XXrated version of p and d with songs such as F##ked with an anchor! 

32 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

The Spotify playlist is introducing me to acts that I would never have gone searching for. 

The latest one is Brass Against. Rage Against The Machine covers with brass instruments.

It is as mad and wonderful as you can imagine. 

Just discovered them yesterday myself. Proper 'wtf am I listening to?' moment, in a good way!

34 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

The latest one is Brass Against. Rage Against The Machine covers with brass instruments.

It is as mad and wonderful as you can imagine. 

I've never even heard of these but they are my favourite band of all time and I am looking forward to rescheduling everything to see them on the farm.

7 minutes ago, kalifire said:

Just discovered them yesterday myself. Proper 'wtf am I listening to?' moment, in a good way!

4 minutes ago, rgill3 said:

I've never even heard of these but they are my favourite band of all time and I am looking forward to rescheduling everything to see them on the farm.

Just stand outside of the splash zone when they perform.

• Upvote 2

On 4/29/2022 at 9:12 AM, kalifire said:

I happened to be in Manchester at a Tool gig and they are supporting.   Keen to try and work out which stage they maybe on!  They will be good all rounders!