Discovered acts from the line up you’ve never heard before

kalifire

47 minutes ago, Quark said:

In my head Greentea Peng will be something like a fairly early afternoon slot when the morning hangover has worn off and in that lull before you start the run into the evening. Something around a 2pm / 3pm start

Fixed that for ya

For years now when the complete A to Z of artists is out I spend a day going from a to z listening to each and every artist listing to 2/3 tunes or what ever and marking them outa 5.

Then I use this as a sort of guide.. Its a bit of a nightmare but it works.. 

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, guypjfreak said:

For years now when the complete A to Z of artists is out I spend a day going from a to z listening to each and every artist listing to 2/3 tunes or what ever and marking them outa 5.

Then I use this as a sort of guide.. Its a bit of a nightmare but it works.. 

I’m doing something similar but have more of a top gear style cool wall spreadsheet arrangement where I can move artists anywhere on the chart from “unmissable” to “avoid “and vice versa. Will make sorting out potential clashes easier once the full line up is out. 

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

I’m doing something similar but have more of a top gear style cool wall spreadsheet arrangement where I can move artists anywhere on the chart from “unmissable” to “avoid “and vice versa. Will make sorting out potential clashes easier once the full line up is out. 

I love this idea!

5 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

someone needs to create like an old Shoot! magazine league ladder table for bands and stages like this...

image.thumb.png.00b11f79fe18bd510dc99924e8a65038.png

• Upvote 2

On 3/10/2022 at 11:40 AM, Gingerfish79 said:

I've been listening to Beabadoobee for the first time this morning. Really enjoying it, not what I was expecting at all. Allowing for bad clashes, I'll definitely check her out.

Yeah, really enjoying her stuff. Very much hoping to see her.

On 3/10/2022 at 11:40 AM, Gingerfish79 said:

I've been listening to Beabadoobee for the first time this morning. Really enjoying it, not what I was expecting at all. Allowing for bad clashes, I'll definitely check her out.

Snap! One song of hers came up on the playlist today and I really liked. Certainly sounds like the kind of thing you would have heard at Reading in 1993. And I mean that in a good way.

3 hours ago, maelzoid said:

Snap! One song of hers came up on the playlist today and I really liked. Certainly sounds like the kind of thing you would have heard at Reading in 1993. And I mean that in a good way.

🙂 Exactly. At various times she’s reminded me of Lush, Hole, the Pixies and, er, Sleeper

Edited by MEGABOWL

Been giving Khruangbin a go this evening after reading rave reviews on here. Listened to the Third Room and was enjoying the Kiwanuka-esque vibes for a while… put on a couple more songs and realised that was pretty much it and I got a bit bored. Enjoyed it but not sure I could stand through a whole set of theirs.

Not for me Clive.

18 hours ago, AlexOvd said:

Living out of the UK I had no idea who Holly Humberstone was, but I was listening to her this morning and she is brilliant. This performance it's just magical:

Every year Glastonbury bags someone you’ve got to catch now while they are still doing small sets. Reckon it’s Holly this year. She’s like a rocket about to take off I think.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Every year Glastonbury bags someone you’ve got to catch now while they are still doing small sets. Reckon it’s Holly this year. She’s like a rocket about to take off I think.

Listened to her stuff last week and was pretty underwhelmed if I'm honest, though I suspect I might be in a minority! Also, I wasn't particularly moved by Inhaler, but I might need to give them another try as I was 'working'. So far, of the acts that are new to me I've been really impressed with Wet Leg and Beabadoobee.

Caroline Polachek is on todays menu. Such a fun time of the year!

11 hours ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Been giving Khruangbin a go this evening after reading rave reviews on here. Listened to the Third Room and was enjoying the Kiwanuka-esque vibes for a while… put on a couple more songs and realised that was pretty much it and I got a bit bored. Enjoyed it but not sure I could stand through a whole set of theirs.

Not for me Clive.

For me they are perfect Spring/Summer cider in hand chilled vibes, and if they were mid-afternoon WH I'd be on it, but they'll be way higher up the bill this time so they'll lose in a clash with somebody I'd expect.