The Weather Thread 2022

sedra

56 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Covid duvet day, so watching the BBC Glastonbury Legends Compilation and the footage of Kylie 2019. 

If it was too hot and dusty to do anything no-one passed the word to the Kylie Ginormocrowd, which appears to be having the time of its life.

Miley Minogue, what a time to be alive. Even better than The Kate Nashional

On 2/22/2022 at 12:46 PM, CaledonianGonzo said:

Covid duvet day, so watching the BBC Glastonbury Legends Compilation and the footage of Kylie 2019. 

If it was too hot and dusty to do anything no-one passed the word to the Kylie Ginormocrowd, which appears to be having the time of its life.

I can confirm we did have the time or our lives and missed the too hot and dusty memo. 

On 2/22/2022 at 8:35 AM, fred quimby said:

I also suffer also, but no rain thanks all that does is put the pollen on the floor and then when dry off it goes again, overcast I believe keeps the pollen at a lower level. It is the people thousands of them that help create it. Walk around there when the festival is not on and not bad at all if you are dosed up

For me, the rain really helps. Not too much of it though!

On 2/22/2022 at 12:46 PM, CaledonianGonzo said:

That Sunday was still lovely but markedly cooler than the previous few days. I was thankful as I was basically wandering around site in my pants all day, would have looked like Dr Zoidberg by midday if it was anything like the Saturday was.

the first lovely day of the year. i like am going into town to try and find some footwear which will fit over the big leg brace thats round my leg and foot. i only have one pair of shoes that fit, plan is to buy some waterproof boots i can use for festies if i can find anything that'll fit, i've wasted hundreds buying shoes online that don't fit.

6 minutes ago, blutarsky said:

Beautiful day in the south west - but bloody chilly as soon as the sun disappeared. Ambient temperatures not creeping up yet. 

It was great to be out in the garden working in a t shirt. The bulbs planted in October are just making an appearance. But yes, now the sun has lowered it certainly is a little chillsome 

Just to let you all know, being a landscaper and looking at the forecast in the Southwest this week 🌧 like a sacrificial lamb I will be mostly offering my own personal comfort and dryness to the weather gods 🙏 hoping to appease them so that they are kind to us all at the end of June. ☀️ 

Mostly dry in the build up in 2021, dry and not too warm all weekend apart from Sunday night.

dry in the build up to 2020 and then scorching all weekend.

dry in the build up to 2019 then scorching all weekend. 

same in 2018?

Cant  say I’m concerned at all. 

31 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

What happened the festival before that?

2017?

Scorcher the weds and cooled off the rest of the weekend. Rained late night on friday and saturday evenings. Bits of sunshine on sat and sun but overall very very pleasant. Perfect balance of weather, would be pretty ideal I would hope.

6 hours ago, MaxPower said:

Mostly dry in the build up in 2021, dry and not too warm all weekend apart from Sunday night.

dry in the build up to 2020 and then scorching all weekend.

dry in the build up to 2019 then scorching all weekend. 

same in 2018?

Cant  say I’m concerned at all. 

Incorrect, it rained over the course of that weekend and the BBC made a point of this during the Live at Worthy Farm thing when interviewing Michael Eavis.

3 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

Incorrect, it rained over the course of that weekend and the BBC made a point of this during the Live at Worthy Farm thing when interviewing Michael Eavis.

There was definitely rain in the SW. We had a party at my friends farm next to Chew Valley Lake and the weather was very hit and miss. 

We eventually moved ourselves in to one of the barns.

Just now, JoeyT said:

There was definitely rain in the SW. We had a party at my friends farm next to Chew Valley Lake and the weather was very hit and miss. 

We eventually moved ourselves in to one of the barns.

I'm pretty sure it was on the Friday night.....26th June 2020 if anyone has access to old weather reports!