What have you done today to get ready for Glastonbury 2022?

kalifire

5 hours ago, clarkete said:

Gone pretty pretentious by splashing a fiver on a jigger (which is apparently the name of a spirit measure).  I'm sure most of you would just do it as they would in a European bar, just generously overpour but I'm a sensitive old flower and have learnt to my cost that if I give myself a triple or quadruple each time then it could result in my day becoming a confusing mess (and not necessarily a fun way 🙂 )

https://smile.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0001IX13Y/

A friend of mine has such a low alcohol tolerance that she takes one of these everywhere to measure drinks! It comes in handy to be fair, good for a makeshift shot glass as well.

56 minutes ago, Ryan1984 said:

So I took my new Anker charger to Liam at Knebworth and it only seemed to charge my iPhone 12 mini up to 80%. I didn’t put flight mode on or anything - is this normal?

as someone else said it may have slowed down the charging, but if it is a functional problem their warranty team was great -  didn't even check mine was actually broken and just sent me a new one.

Digging in the shed for something to use as tarp for the worthy view scout tent "entry hall"  and googling stuff like "how waterproof is a construction tarp/picnic table tablecloth/random crap I have no clue what it was for"

Went to get a spare powerbank because they were on sale this week, realized I should have gone earlier in the week

1 hour ago, Ryan1984 said:

So I took my new Anker charger to Liam at Knebworth and it only seemed to charge my iPhone 12 mini up to 80%. I didn’t put flight mode on or anything - is this normal?

The issue isn’t the charger rather than this setting  

image.thumb.png.9886188e38d066a81e297c096744d63b.png

if the charge is outside the normal window it only goes up to 80%

its in settings-> battery -> battery health

Edited by dotdash79

1 hour ago, gfa said:

A friend of mine has such a low alcohol tolerance that she takes one of these everywhere to measure drinks! It comes in handy to be fair, good for a makeshift shot glass as well.

There's a thing from the past, pretty girls offering tequila shots 

My battery operated air mattress pump arrived.  It is so wonderfully little.  Hope it does the job but even if it's slow it should work eventually.  It takes 4 batteries so I've bought 12 to be on the safe side!

3 hours ago, Ryan1984 said:

Yep just found the setting for this and I would bet it’s the reason but worth checking. This is the menu, in settings, then battery, then battery health. 

Sorry just realised someone else had posted this! 

EEA96085-5630-40C3-AB8C-0C181C3DAC27.png

Edited by gigpusher
Realised post not needed!

Today for me was the start of the mission to cancel the semi glamorous 'camping' I booked (I'm old so don't judge me too much) because my other half accidentally won a competition to win even better glamping. 

#firstworldproblems

• Like 1

Probably not something on many people's packing list, but I love recording gigs that I go to so I just ordered myself a new portable recorder. Going to test it out next weekend at my mates' gig then hopefully use it at the festival to capture some of the non-televised sets I go to.

Honestly it's the only thing I've actually done to get ready yet, but next week I'm going to collect all my festival things from my mum's house. If nothing's been damaged over the last couple of years, I'm essentially good to go after that. Just need to buy a couple more portable chargers and my food for the festival.

Can't lie, I've actually not been feeling the buzz for the festival yet but I'm hoping once I get the tent out for a test-run, then the excitement will hit.

1 minute ago, K2SO said:

Probably not something on many people's packing list, but I love recording gigs that I go to so I just ordered myself a new portable recorder. Going to test it out next weekend at my mates' gig then hopefully use it at the festival to capture some of the non-televised sets I go to.

Honestly it's the only thing I've actually done to get ready yet, but next week I'm going to collect all my festival things from my mum's house. If nothing's been damaged over the last couple of years, I'm essentially good to go after that. Just need to buy a couple more portable chargers and my food for the festival.

Can't lie, I've actually not been feeling the buzz for the festival yet but I'm hoping once I get the tent out for a test-run, then the excitement will hit.

What did you go for?

Just ordered a fancy dress outfit for the Power Ballad Yoga and subsequent pub crawl on Thursday.  Lazy, and easy outfit but does the job.  And will probably come in handy for subsequent festivals, parties etc.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Spindles said:

Bought a cheap, lightweight usb charger to power my hoodie, which I'm going to spend tomorrow adding LED lighting to.  This will either be a triumph or an unmitigated failure.

Anything with lights works …. You can’t go wrong 😀

7 minutes ago, Spindles said:

Bought a cheap, lightweight usb charger to power my hoodie, which I'm going to spend tomorrow adding LED lighting to.  This will either be a triumph or an unmitigated failure.

Oh God, sounds like I should up my game.  But can't be arsed I'm afraid.

Wellll my bags are packed! I think I've got everything I need, and my bag is absolutely rammed full, but it only weighs 30lbs. I could probably lose some things but it's all buckled up so there's no going back. 

I've still got to work in the morning and have got to go get a test to say I don't have covid. Home stretch!

• Like 1