What have you done today to get ready for Glastonbury 2022?

kalifire

1 hour ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

And most power banks only have a max 5w outlet anyway, which is probably fast enough to be useable.  It's the mAh rating that is probably more important than charging speed as this is how much charge it can hold.  I've gone for 20,000 mAh this year which should be enough for both me & the Mrs for the 5 days (I'm very light on usage as don't do social media).

I’m looking at one with the will give me fast charging on iPhone 8, which is max pull 18w, think I’m going with a 20,000mAh , 2 fast charge output of 65max. And attach the phone and also a phone battery pack to it, they will only draw the wattage they will need,so instead of taking the slightly bulky 20,0000mAh one out of the tent.   I hopefully leave the tent in a morning with a charged phone and battery pack. And if need be When i pop back later in the evening for some alcohol I can get a 30 min fast charge on both which would take the iPhone upto 50% if at zero, and the battery back will top up too,  and I should be good for the night, see how it pans out, my phone doesn’t have the best battery as it’s a few year old now. Seen some good deals on Amazon, just be aware on some models if you read the reviews, some of the ones advertised at 20,000mAh have actually got a 12,0000mAh battery in them, sometimes there’s pics showing the label stating this

Edited by waynewdk

31 minutes ago, waynewdk said:

I’m looking at one with the will give me fast charging on iPhone 8, which is max pull 18w, think I’m going with a 20,000mAh , 2 fast charge output of 65max. And attach the phone and also a phone battery pack to it, they will only draw the wattage they will need,so instead of taking the slightly bulky 20,0000mAh one out of the tent.   I hopefully leave the tent in a morning with a charged phone and battery pack. And if need be When i pop back later in the evening for some alcohol I can get a 30 min fast charge on both which would take the iPhone upto 50% if at zero, and the battery back will top up too,  and I should be good for the night, see how it pans out, my phone doesn’t have the best battery as it’s a few year old now. Seen some good deals on Amazon, just be aware on some models if you read the reviews, some of the ones advertised at 20,000mAh have actually got a 12,0000mAh battery in them, sometimes there’s pics showing the label stating this

the most you will get out of a 20000mAh is about 18000. for some reason they all run at about -10% capacity. But my INIU one I bought recently seems to be running at about 16000 at the moment, but I am using a Fast Charge cable to test it. 

Started making pineapple vodka. 

Just using pineapple flavoured boiled sweets rather than real fruit, seems to be working OK. 

We also ordered the rest of our booze and a few snacks. 

Rum, tequila rose, Thatchers Haze, McCoys crisps and orange juice (for the morning).

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, al_coholic said:

the most you will get out of a 20000mAh is about 18000. for some reason they all run at about -10% capacity. But my INIU one I bought recently seems to be running at about 16000 at the moment, but I am using a Fast Charge cable to test it. 

Yes, I've got one of those too, seems decent enough thus far for the price

11 minutes ago, nikkic said:

Just using pineapple flavoured boiled sweets rather than real fruit, seems to be working OK. 

Noice, that will be tasty

I'm starting my pineapple and vanilla tequila tomorrow, done it in a week before and worked out fine. going with the real fruit and vanilla pods, shake it up everyday.

Just now, northernringo said:

Has anyone ever used rehydration tablets/sachets for a hangover? Would you recommend any in particular?

Oh yes...

Any will do. I've always just used supermarket / chemist own-brand. The secret is to take them before bed along with plenty of water, and fight off that dehydration in advance. If you wake up with the hangover you're fighting a losing battle.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Quark said:

Oh yes...

Any will do. I've always just used supermarket / chemist own-brand. The secret is to take them before bed along with plenty of water, and fight off that dehydration in advance. If you wake up with the hangover you're fighting a losing battle.

So, I can put my lemon flavour tablets in gin? I was going to take them in the morning, but night time seems much better, ta. 

My son offered to drive me in to Birmingham on the Tuesday night if need be to stay at the hotel I booked in case of the rail strike happening.  I'm not sure I could stand the stress of wondering whether trains will be running to get me there on Wednesday morning!

42 minutes ago, carlosj said:

So, I can put my lemon flavour tablets in gin? I was going to take them in the morning, but night time seems much better, ta. 

I mean, it can't make it worse right?

My boss said to think about training etc opportunities I wanted to pursue for my Appraisal and the funding required.  The only course I've found is free so I suggested that I undertake a study at Glastonbury of post-pandemic infection prevention routines and practices and I would claim back the cost of my ticket.  She thought it was a good idea.  

• Like 2

Went for a long sunny trek with a beer garden pub lunch (training!).

Took delivery of tickets.

Started 'serious' discussions with wife re: packing (this subject had been banned until post holiday, now the floodgates are well and truly open) 

Decided this weekend will be for purchasing anything outstanding, airing the tent and getting kit in a pile to figure how we're gonna load/carry it (first time using a sack truck!).

Edited by TheGChild
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, northernringo said:

Has anyone ever used rehydration tablets/sachets for a hangover? Would you recommend any in particular?

Yep. They work well. Just go for ones that specifically contain electrolyte replacements (sodium, magnesium etc.) as this what you lose when you dehydrate, particularly if it’s hot.

1 hour ago, Beerqueen said:

My boss said to think about training etc opportunities I wanted to pursue for my Appraisal and the funding required.  The only course I've found is free so I suggested that I undertake a study at Glastonbury of post-pandemic infection prevention routines and practices and I would claim back the cost of my ticket.  She thought it was a good idea.  

That's clearly why you're the Beerqueen

3 hours ago, carlosj said:

Best to take at night before bed and in the morning - maybe avoid sticking them in Gin.