What have you done today to get ready for Glastonbury 2022?

kalifire

16 hours ago, Twiggy553 said:

Put stuff in the first lockup you get to then come back for a second trip

This is such a good idea, I've never thought of that! In fact, I've been 5 times and never used a lockup once - that will change this year! I'm always up for the challenge of carrying everything in one trip but I'm taking my girlfriend this year and I know she's going to struggle. 😂

Does anyone else find it mad that in less than a month you will be in a crowd of near 200,000 people?

I mean I’ve been to a few gigs recently but nothing above 20k… this is a serious step up. I know covid restrictions are a thing of the past right now but a crowd that big still feels crazy!

1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

Does anyone else find it mad that in less than a month you will be in a crowd of near 200,000 people?

I mean I’ve been to a few gigs recently but nothing above 20k… this is a serious step up. I know covid restrictions are a thing of the past right now but a crowd that big still feels crazy!

It was really weird going into the big crowd for the first time at Latitude last year, after about 1 minute it feels like nothing has changed though 🙂

1 minute ago, gfa said:

It was really weird going into the big crowd for the first time at Latitude last year, after about 1 minute it feels like nothing has changed though 🙂

think it will take a bit longer to shift all this stuff out my head .... but hey ho alcohol helps as will todays efest meet 

3 hours ago, westholtschic said:

Talked properly to our new next door neighbour yesterday and jokingly said “are you airing your tent out for Glastonbury “ which they replied yes 😂 chatted to them for some time and will be discussing the farm greatly over the next 6 weeks.

Love this! 😂

• Upvote 1

Had some herbs and completely crashed in the lounge listening to Ladies and Gentlemen we are floating in space.

Followed by classic sets on TV. woke up at 02:30 to be entertained by Jeff Goldblum and his lol Mackem - Geordie shanter

I suddenly realised that in two weeks time I will be at Bearded Theory which I am viewing as a practice run for Glasto with regard to kit etc.  Then I realised that that means I only have this weekend and next before I go!  Shit, better start thinking seriously about what to take.

2 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Aye, there will likely be a few more folks than previous festivals with a touch of anxiety, especially if they make up for the lost two years by partying with a bit too much gusto. 

We'll have to be extra nice to each other 😊

Just completed my steward training webinar, much more enjoyable than when I had to drag my hungover self to the in person one on a wet Wednesday morning years back!

Ordered myself a new rucksack this week as well as some other bits and bobs that needed replacing. The glasto box is slowly being filled and I'm getting excited now! 

Pre-booked my taxi from my parent’s place to the Bath & West Showground. The final pieces of the logistical puzzle are coming together and I couldn’t be happier. Got off that call with a beaming smile across my face. 

Ordered some Compeed plasters and anti-blister socks. Last time I ended up with a humdinger of a blister which I'd like to avoid this year.

Also made sure my cat will have everything she needs while I'm away and she's looked after by a friend.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Got new fancy insoles for the shoes with gel bubbles or something like that.

Checked the stock of experimental fruit infused booze, discarded the 2019 quince (interesting but I just won't drink it) but the 2019/2020 bison vodka sloe is just perfect!

Found my shorts.  Tried them and they still fit - but I don't like them.  Sor ordered some new ones which annoyingly will only arrive the day before I go to Bearded Theory.  So if I don't like them or they don't fit, I'll have to take my old ones.