What have you done today to get ready for Glastonbury 2022?

kalifire

8 hours ago, balti-pie said:

I’ve started making a small pile of cereal bars, snacks and dark canned beers that’ll form my bag of sustenance - gonna keep an eye on special offers etc over the next few weeks and add to it gradually. 

important needs; 

Wet wipes 

maoam pinballs

stroopwaffels

rooibos teabags for late at night 

chai teabags for mornings 

schofferhofer cans for daytime 

beak brewery imperial stout cans for evening

other interesting 10%+ dark beers

And I put aside some money for petrol for getting down there, cos I found a spare sixty quid and thought I’d be constructive with it! 

Hope you live in Shepton Mallet, sixty quids worth of fuel gets you about 5 miles these days 😜

Oh and I've continued my fitness regime - I've done something every night after work this week.  Nothing too ambitious but hopefully building each week.  It's not specifically Glasto but I realised that when I work from home I barely move and I might suddenly find myself completely incapable of turning it round.  

Friend of mine has agreed to take my tent down and set it up for me. 

We won’t arrive until midday Thursday so this is a big weight off my mind and means we should be able to get our preferred camping spot. 

13 minutes ago, nikkic said:

We won’t arrive until midday Thursday so this is a big weight off my mind and means we should be able to get our preferred camping spot. 

Did this one year and just gave them outer layer and poles to put up. I brought the inner myself. This reserved the space but meant they had less weight/bulk to carry on my behalf.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, nikkic said:

and off your shoulders. 😉 

59 minutes ago, Beerqueen said:

Oh and I've continued my fitness regime - I've done something every night after work this week.  Nothing too ambitious but hopefully building each week.  It's not specifically Glasto but I realised that when I work from home I barely move and I might suddenly find myself completely incapable of turning it round.  

I'm the opposite to this - my physio has advised that now the rugby season has finished I need two weeks complete rest from all exercise, then to start building back up.

1 hour ago, Beerqueen said:

Yeah, this is my situation. My feet must have shrunk, when I stand up and look down, there's less of them to see. I'm trying to boost aerobic stuff to be able to get to the Crowsnest. 

the garage came and coillected my campervan to take it for an mot and service, ready for glasto. it hadnt been started since july and it fired up very easily which was pleasing. 🙂

10 hours ago, Beerqueen said:

There are many things on that list that I don't have a clue what they are!

You should get right on the stroopwaffels, stick them on top of a cup of tea like a lid so they go all warm and melty, they're amazing!  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, balti-pie said:

You should get right on the stroopwaffels, stick them on top of a cup of tea like a lid so they go all warm and melty, they're amazing!  

I'll bring some quality Dutch ones over and trade for a good UK imperial stout. 
(actually there's a stroopwaffel imperial stout, from De Molen I think, jackpot! TBH too sweet for me though)

5 minutes ago, moogster said:

(actually there's a stroopwaffel imperial stout, from De Molen I think, jackpot! TBH too sweet for me though)

Any chance I can jump on this exchange scheme? I'm collating Impy Stouts and Barley Wines for the evening. No probs if not. I'm going to have to come over for a tour, I love the De Kromme Haring brews I've had. 

29 minutes ago, moogster said:

Dont you go telling me sexy things like that at this time of day 😄 a stroopwaffel imperial stout sounds incredible 😋 De Molen can be a right bugger to get hold of over here, but ill keep a beady out for em.

(you're on for the swap btw, id definitely be up for that!)

They don't do cans just yet though. Bunch of other breweries do. I do need to stock up at some point on a couple of nice heavy ones, just as you are, so don't mind adding a couple of cans.

I have to say that a not too carbonated decanted imperial stout in a thermos can does work well at glasto. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Twiggy553 said:

Did this one year and just gave them outer layer and poles to put up. I brought the inner myself. This reserved the space but meant they had less weight/bulk to carry on my behalf.

I did this for some friends one year too, but they didn’t understand/forgot we weren’t taking the entire tent and left the inside part at home. Then we all had a big argument and fell out for the weekend. Just make sure they fully understand the plan, that’s my advice.

1 hour ago, carlosj said:

Any chance I can jump on this exchange scheme? I'm collating Impy Stouts and Barley Wines for the evening. No probs if not. I'm going to have to come over for a tour, I love the De Kromme Haring brews I've had. 

i keep trying barley wines in the hope that one day theyll click with me, but ive only ever had one i like (from one of those rainbow brewing project things about five years ago, so impossible to get now as well) cos the rest just taste too sweet and claggy. I can take sweet pastry/imperial stouts cos theyre basically pudding, but the barley wines: its far too much like special brew! 

1 hour ago, balti-pie said:

i keep trying barley wines in the hope that one day theyll click with me, but ive only ever had one i like (from one of those rainbow brewing project things about five years ago, so impossible to get now as well) cos the rest just taste too sweet and claggy. I can take sweet pastry/imperial stouts cos theyre basically pudding, but the barley wines: its far too much like special brew! 

Pühaste Muda is like chocolate dessert and is still on sale. I know what you mean about BW's cloying, I'm brewing one at the bank holiday and hope it brews a bit drier. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, carlosj said:

Pühaste Muda is like chocolate dessert and is still on sale. I know what you mean about BW's cloying, I'm brewing one at the bank holiday and hope it brews a bit drier. 

You a professional brewer or a home brewer? A good mate of mine is both! I've brewed with him a couple of times, its a lot of fun! He's into ridiculous sours at present, he did a cucumber, lime and basil sour a while back that was mindblowingly good, and he also does a lime and hibiscus lager that is great. He's come on a long way from yer standard one hop pales, though tbf there's always a place for them as well. . . 

12 minutes ago, balti-pie said:

You a professional brewer or a home brewer? A good mate of mine is both! I've brewed with him a couple of times, its a lot of fun! He's into ridiculous sours at present, he did a cucumber, lime and basil sour a while back that was mindblowingly good, and he also does a lime and hibiscus lager that is great. He's come on a long way from yer standard one hop pales, though tbf there's always a place for them as well. . . 

Home brewer, it is fun isn't it? I've got my wishlist of brews to do, but something else keeps catching my eye (orange peel witbier anyone?). It's an American Barley Wine with a kveik yeast variant this time. Those sours sound mouthpuckeringly good, I've got some Lambic style maturing which is the closest I've got to that. 

• Upvote 1

I bought a 10 can box of Desperados for £10 last night from my local small Co-op (I love this beer). So that's my booze sorted for the festival (I'm not a big drinker) plus will buy a few ales over the weekend. 

2 hours ago, sime said:

I bought a 10 can box of Desperados for £10 last night from my local small Co-op (I love this beer). So that's my booze sorted for the festival (I'm not a big drinker) plus will buy a few ales over the weekend. 

Thats a really good price for Desperados. How does it hold up warm?

12 minutes ago, gfa said:

Thats a really good price for Desperados. How does it hold up warm?

I'm not sure. But I'd hope the taste would disguise any warmth issues. It really is a tasty beer!

7 hours ago, Neil said:

the garage came and coillected my campervan to take it for an mot and service, ready for glasto. it hadnt been started since july and it fired up very easily which was pleasing. 🙂

the van pssed its mot, easily (pretty damned good for a 35 year old van), so everything is good for glasto. 🙂