2023 Festival

TheWaters

On 8/21/2022 at 3:19 PM, metallimuse said:

Paramore “weak”? Really? I don’t see them as a weak booking. I think they’d go over far better than Rage or Queens of the Stone Age. There’s a huge resurgence in pop punk with MGK and Yungblud, Avril Lavigne also to an extent.

I think if MCR’s comeback is anything to go by Paramore would be welcomed back with open arms.

Pretty unlikely but could they go for Demi Lovato with her new rock album out? Might not be the most popular but it's something if they want a female fronted headliner and she's got Nita Strauss as her guitarist. She's got plenty of hits and she'll probably make them more rock to fit in with her album I suppose? 

16 minutes ago, WhoOdyssey said:

Id quite like to see Demi. But if the Download crowd wasn’t receptive to Biffy Clyro, god knows what they’d be like for her! 

It's Reading Festival not Download. They have different genres and more variety. I wouldn't even dream of her at Download. It be like a lamb to the slaughter. 

1 minute ago, stevieg1993 said:

It's Reading Festival not Download. They have different genres and more variety. I wouldn't even dream of her at Download. It be like a lamb to the slaughter. 

Oops, sorry I thought I was reading a different thread! 😅

Yeah that would make much more sense then, though her new album doesn’t seem to have done too well.

12 minutes ago, WhoOdyssey said:

Oops, sorry I thought I was reading a different thread! 😅

Yeah that would make much more sense then, though her new album doesn’t seem to have done too well.

Yeah I haven't really heard anything about it but gave it a go and it's not that bad. Got quite a few decent tracks on there and one of the better albums of a popstar gone rock. Still think with her hits she could headline the 2nd headline stage. Always wanting more female artists and her LGBT thing will probably work well in her favour for promoters. 

3 hours ago, stevieg1993 said:

Pretty unlikely but could they go for Demi Lovato with her new rock album out? Might not be the most popular but it's something if they want a female fronted headliner and she's got Nita Strauss as her guitarist. She's got plenty of hits and she'll probably make them more rock to fit in with her album I suppose? 

There's no way she'd be near a headliner - maybe some kind of 3rd down or something.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tell_Me_You_Love_Me_World_Tour

9k sold out of the O2 at 12k capacity for some reason (how do they even get these stats!) in 2018

On 8/21/2022 at 3:19 PM, metallimuse said:

Paramore “weak”? Really? I don’t see them as a weak booking. I think they’d go over far better than Rage or Queens of the Stone Age. There’s a huge resurgence in pop punk with MGK and Yungblud, Avril Lavigne also to an extent.

I think if MCR’s comeback is anything to go by Paramore would be welcomed back with open arms.

Paramore would be met by near enough as many whos as Rage or QOTSA.

MCR would also be met by whos at Reading, their comeback was welcomed by fans as they did standalone gigs, if they got booked at Reading it would be the exact same reception as Rage.

6 hours ago, gfa said:

There's no way she'd be near a headliner - maybe some kind of 3rd down or something.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tell_Me_You_Love_Me_World_Tour

9k sold out of the O2 at 12k capacity for some reason (how do they even get these stats!) in 2018

Paramore would be met by near enough as many whos as Rage or QOTSA.

MCR would also be met by whos at Reading, their comeback was welcomed by fans as they did standalone gigs, if they got booked at Reading it would be the exact same reception as Rage.

I know billboard have these stats for some tours though I think most of them are behind a paywall

1 hour ago, Muppetmark said:

I know billboard have these stats for some tours though I think most of them are behind a paywall

Interesting, cheers. It always seems to be pop artists that have the stats and nobody else. Maybe more dedicated fans who bother to add to wikipedia i guess. 

1 hour ago, gfa said:

Interesting, cheers. It always seems to be pop artists that have the stats and nobody else. Maybe more dedicated fans who bother to add to wikipedia i guess. 

Saw them for arcade fire at Wembley arena and ozzys final tour. It also has financial takings as well. 

Stealing this off Twitter and posting in this thread due to the last question and because the 2022 thread has been deleted.

-Best Act you saw? Halsey Sunday, Fontaine’s DC Saturday & Fever 333 Friday. 
-Worst act you saw? Charli XCX & Tigercub. 
-Any hidden gems? Kid Kapichi & Daisy Brain. 
-Best moment? Fontaines brining out Dexter to play Boys in the better land. 
-Who’s headlining 2023? Kasabian, MCR, Kendrick Lamar, Doja Cat, Paramore & MGK.

10 minutes ago, foolee said:

Stealing this off Twitter and posting in this thread due to the last question and because the 2022 thread has been deleted.

-Who’s headlining 2023? Kasabian, MCR, Kendrick Lamar, Doja Cat, Paramore & MGK.

Why didn't you like Tigercub? They were great at Leeds

34 minutes ago, foolee said:

Best : Courting, 1975, Little Simz

Worst : AM (massively underwhelming) and Dave purely down to sound 

Hidden Gem: Courting again loved them, can 100 gecs count here coz that was fun

Moment : Yh BitBL with Dexter was class, and Courting lobbing tennis balls around the crowd during Tennis was fun

2023: Kendrick, Dua Lipa, Paramore, Doja Cat, Kasabian, Yungblud

51 minutes ago, foolee said:

Best acts I saw: Friday: frank carter, kid kapichi, bilk, wallows (didn’t catch Dave because my mates couldn’t be fucked)

saturday: dayglow, fontaines, wolf Alice, poppy, BMTH

Sunday: 100 gecs, stickmen (though I may be biased due to a variety of factors), courting, Denzel curry, 1975

Worst: arctic monkeys, BBN$ (ran out of fucking songs to play lol), Charli XCX

Hidden gems: Courting, stone, anorak patch, kid kapichi, bilk

Best moments: anorak patch signing a can of beans, all of courting’s set (scratched up my army pants and someone grabbed my chain which cut my throat a bit but otherwise fine), Fontaines bringing that dude up to play guitar, ultimate at Denzel 

2023 headliners: Muse, Kendrick, not sure who else so I’ll just say carti to annoy people

Edited by JamieB1830

Highlights: Wolf Alice, Fontaines, Dave, 1975, AM (but I could see how and why people didn’t rate it), Courting, Bilk, Loyle Carner secret set

Lowlights: Piri and Tommy (just awful and far too crowded in that tent), Bakar and pinkpantheress on the dance tent (performances were good but not the right stage and was awful in there)