2023 Festival

TheWaters

10 hours ago, Benj said:

SOAD couldnt/ didnt  headline in their pomp and took the piss last time they played. There is zero chance they'd headline modern Reading

They would easily get MSW. It won't happen but if you gave me Arctic Monkeys and SOAD on MSW instead I'd have gone for a ticket without question.

They along with 2 others are my favourite metal bands though.

Edited by thewayiam

On 8/3/2022 at 12:30 AM, Gerard the Fab said:

Honestly reckon there’ll be a significant lack of guitar acts

Tyler the Creator/Sam Fender

Paramore/Doja Cat

Kendrick Lamar/Capaldi

Fastest sellout for years with 3 rock bands (2 of which quite heavy vs recent years)

On 8/3/2022 at 1:12 PM, Benj said:

Just like no one gives a shit about your subjective opinion on what kind of music  you find dull or not

You’re right though It’s a very simple indicator of popularity, alongside streams etc.

if Tame Impala can’t sell out a 45-50k show, Reading are hardly going to go, oh yeah let’s have them top the bill of our fest. And again if they sell 44/45k it’s very different than if they only sell 20k (which we don’t or at least won’t know until we hear from people who went, don’t think anyone off here is bothering though)

I don’t mind Tame Impala at all, it’s abundantly clear they’re too niche to be a top of the bill ticket shifter for a very mainstream festival though

They’re perfect MSW fodder. Popular, credible and have the show to do it, they’ll be a whole world of “Tame who? Announce Carti” Shouts on Instagram etc though if they were announced

I am going. Its on a thursday and had very little well-known support announced until caribou recently who are everywhere anyway. far weaker than the 2020 version of the day which was on a weekend too i think.

On 8/3/2022 at 3:49 PM, jump said:

I'm surprised people aren't predicting Bicep, they are blowing up at the moment and seem to be smashing every festival they are playing this year. They seem like a good fit as the smaller main stage headliner.

This is probably their final year about for now, the album is getting old. 2024 maybe.

Foals are getting questioned after headlining Other stage whereas bicep they headlined West Holts

20 hours ago, FeverDream said:

Probably what they should be booking as headliners but I reckon we’ll be lucky if we get 3 of those.

Vampire Weekend are pretty on the small side i think

21 hours ago, Benj said:

SOAD couldnt/ didnt  headline in their pomp and took the piss last time they played. There is zero chance they'd headline modern Reading

They probably could have headlined around the time of Hypnotize/Mesmerise tbf, and if I recall they were rumoured to headline in 2006. But yeah, no way are they a Reading and Leeds headliner in 2022.

"Took the piss" meaning they were bad? I didn't go in 2013 but by all reports they were one of the best acts of the weekend, even though Serj's voice sounded gone on the BBC highlights.

11 hours ago, VCK said:

They probably could have headlined around the time of Hypnotize/Mesmerise tbf, and if I recall they were rumoured to headline in 2006. But yeah, no way are they a Reading and Leeds headliner in 2022.

"Took the piss" meaning they were bad? I didn't go in 2013 but by all reports they were one of the best acts of the weekend, even though Serj's voice sounded gone on the BBC highlights.

They weren’t bad as such, just looked like they didn’t want to be there to be

4 hours ago, BenG92 said:

Just put the bullet in the rock festival of old and call a spade a spade.

Dua Lipa / Travis Scott / The Weeknd

Olivia Rodrigo / Bicep / Doja Cat

A large amount of the current demographic still want the indie acts, certainly more than say metal/heavier rock fans

• Upvote 1