2023 Festival

TheWaters

12 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

Panic! At The Disco/Yungblud

Billie Eillish/Bicep

Red Hot Chilli Peppers/Doja Cat

I wouldn't even bother getting a day ticket for that.

No interest in Panic! or Yungblud, I'm in the minority that finds Billie live boring and BICEP don't really inspire me as a live act either.

Chilli Peppers I've seen live twice and been terrible both times. Doja Cat I would be interested in but unless it has a strong undercard I don't think I'd bother.

17 minutes ago, Chad888 said:

I reckon MTS brings out Dua Lipa for that crhappy song they have and that sets up for Dua to headline next year the Friday.

Dua | Yungblud

Travis Scott | Doja Cat

Paramore | Foals

That’s a great set of headliners. Looks good having 3 female headliners too. 

Edited by Andre91

23 minutes ago, foolee said:

Tour rules them out of R&L. Also MK Bowl is 60k cap and if they sell it I wouldn’t be surprised if they added a Saturday to the tour. 

I’d imagine it’d be a second night in Plymouth with it being as local as it gets for them. Definitely rules them out of R&L for me.

Dua Lipa | Machine Gun Kelly

Billie Eilish | Doja Cat

Green Day | Sam Fender

1 hour ago, foolee said:

Tour rules them out of R&L. Also MK Bowl is 60k cap and if they sell it I wouldn’t be surprised if they added a Saturday to the tour. 

Oh are they playing the Bowl? I glossed over the venues as I’d made my mind up to go to Glasgow so presumed it was the MK Stadium.

Christ, when was the last time anyone played the Bowl? Used to love going there back in the day to see Metallica and Green Day amongst others.

10 minutes ago, metallimuse said:

Oh are they playing the Bowl? I glossed over the venues as I’d made my mind up to go to Glasgow so presumed it was the MK Stadium.

Christ, when was the last time anyone played the Bowl? Used to love going there back in the day to see Metallica and Green Day amongst others.

I thought it was Stadium MK too. Yeah, that’s a massive tour. 

23 hours ago, foolee said:

Do we think a February tour could actually rule him out? If it sells out then it doesn’t matter but I remember Royal Blood had their arena tour early this year and they didn’t play. Feel like it would make more sense doing an arena tour this year and then headlining next year a bit like what I think MGK will do. 

The fact hes only doing the SSE and not the o2 suggests more to come i think

neck deep support will mean a strange crowd

21 hours ago, TheWaters said:

Panic! At The Disco/Yungblud

Billie Eillish/Bicep

Red Hot Chilli Peppers/Doja Cat

Panic are pretty weak imo for MSE although the other two names are huge so i guess they kind of balance it a bit.

in some way I kind of can't see Billie getting booked for Reading, i feel like a good amount of the audience aren't actually interested in her and she's more likely to do BST / her own stuff

1 hour ago, gfa said:

The fact hes only doing the SSE and not the o2 suggests more to come i think

neck deep support will mean a strange crowd

Panic are pretty weak imo for MSE although the other two names are huge so i guess they kind of balance it a bit.

in some way I kind of can't see Billie getting booked for Reading, i feel like a good amount of the audience aren't actually interested in her and she's more likely to do BST / her own stuff

The crowd she had last time suggests they are very much into her, they reckon it’s the biggest a single crowd at Reading ever. 

The demographic may have shifted on since, there was deffo interest at one point though 

On 8/19/2022 at 8:45 PM, metallimuse said:

Last time was in 2016, when they had a dance music thing called the Electric Daisy Carnival there. Foos did it in 2015 as the make up for Wembley being cancelled due to Grohl's broken leg.

I thought it had been overtaken by stadium mk for Milton Keynes concerts tbf, given that was used for 3 shows in 2019 and a further 4 this year.

On 8/19/2022 at 5:57 PM, theshapeofpunktocome123 said:

muse ... small tour ... reckon leeds/reading is strong now !

I like the idea of the 65k MK Bowl being recognised by anyone as "small" ha.

Maybe they'll do an extra small venue show somewhere in the mix (I'm still hoping for a by request date after missing the one in 2017) but I doubt they're gonna be announced for any other big scale things.