2023 Festival

TheWaters

31 minutes ago, charlierc said:

I like the idea of the 65k MK Bowl being recognised by anyone as "small" ha.

Maybe they'll do an extra small venue show somewhere in the mix (I'm still hoping for a by request date after missing the one in 2017) but I doubt they're gonna be announced for any other big scale things.

I initially saw saw poster and thought it was Stadium MK, then realised it was the bowl. That couple with the Scotland date alone is massive. 

11 hours ago, gabrielomachado said:

Kendrick Lamar / Lil Nas X / Charli XCX

Kasabian / The Libertines

____

My Chemical Romance / Machine Gun Kelly / Architects

Paramore / Olivia Rodrigo

____

Twenty One Pilots / Rex Orange County / Becky Hill

Lizzo / Blossoms

Twenty one pilots can’t headline MSE.

Their output since they last ‘co-headlined’ (played second) has gone down like a lead balloon

theyd be a strong MSW alongside a weak MSE’r like Paramore I think, no chance they top the bill though

1 hour ago, Benj said:

Their output since they last ‘co-headlined’ (played second) has gone down like a lead balloon

theyd be a strong MSW alongside a weak MSE’r like Paramore I think, no chance they top the bill though

I think 21P could. They’re still selling out the 02 etc. They’re a massive band. However, I agree. They’re MSW fodder. 

Edited by Andre91

2 hours ago, Benj said:

Paramore “weak”? Really? I don’t see them as a weak booking. I think they’d go over far better than Rage or Queens of the Stone Age. There’s a huge resurgence in pop punk with MGK and Yungblud, Avril Lavigne also to an extent.

I think if MCR’s comeback is anything to go by Paramore would be welcomed back with open arms.

24 minutes ago, metallimuse said:

Paramore “weak”? Really? I don’t see them as a weak booking. I think they’d go over far better than Rage or Queens of the Stone Age. There’s a huge resurgence in pop punk with MGK and Yungblud, Avril Lavigne also to an extent.

I think if MCR’s comeback is anything to go by Paramore would be welcomed back with open arms.

Agreed. Paramore have been an arena band for over a decade now. When they come back, they’ll play venues like MCR did. They will sell 100k easily. They’re MSE headliners and nothing less. 

6 minutes ago, GodlikeYeezus said:

I’m thinking Paramore nailed on MSE and Carti for MSW 

I know the comments are begging for playboi carti 24/7 but is he actually MSW size and not a MSE sub? He subbed wireless in crystal palace which was the smallest site too (i think?). not sure 

9 minutes ago, gfa said:

I know the comments are begging for playboi carti 24/7 but is he actually MSW size and not a MSE sub? He subbed wireless in crystal palace which was the smallest site too (i think?). not sure 

I don’t see any reason why Carti would play a slot higher than what Polo G is playing this year. 

He’s dogshit anyway. Literally does karaoke throughout his live sets. Yeah, the energy and the pyro is cool but he’s barely doing anything live. 

Edited by Andre91

11 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

I don’t see any reason why Carti would play a slot higher than what Polo G is playing this year. 

He’s dogshit anyway. Literally does karaoke throughout his live sets. Yeah, the energy and the pyro is cool but he’s barely doing anything live. 

Doesn’t really matter how good he is, he can draw a fucking enormous crowd

saying that I don’t think he’s as big here as he is in America

most comments on socials are just asking for last years lineup lmfao

1 hour ago, JamieB1830 said:

Doesn’t really matter how good he is, he can draw a fucking enormous crowd

saying that I don’t think he’s as big here as he is in America

most comments on socials are just asking for last years lineup lmfao

D-Block Europe draws a crowd. Giggs draws a crowd. Migos draws an insane crowd.

He would play Migos 2021 / Polo G 2022 level

6 minutes ago, Chad888 said:

I'm doubling down on -

MSE |

Dua Lipa >> Rex Orange County

Kendrick Lamar >> Playboi Carti

Foals >> Two Door Cinema Club

MSW |

Yungblud >> Machine Gun Kelly

Doja Cat >> Jack Harlow

Paramore >> Wombats

Foals ain’t headlining MSE. Swap them and Paramore maybe.

If Dan Wilcox never jokingly teased us with YUNGBLUD headlining the festival when we were trying to guess the 2022 headliners would we really even be considering him? Think that whole debate planted the idea that he's that big into people's heads and they've ran with it.

Yeah he's big with a certain demographic of kids but can't see him clicking with the majority of the attendees. I really can't see him headlining soon, maybe even ever.

He's also shit

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, metallimuse said:

They were never THAT big in the first place. 

Paramore headlining the festival would not get tongues wagging or single handily shift weekend tickets. A good option alongside a couple of bigger names

They’d deffo go down better than QOTSA, no chance they MSE at all, they both had to joint headline when at their peak

Edited by Benj

22 hours ago, Andre91 said:

I initially saw saw poster and thought it was Stadium MK, then realised it was the bowl. That couple with the Scotland date alone is massive. 

In fairness, GigsandTours are still listing it as Stadium MK even though poster, Ticketmaster and whomever currently owns MK Bowl is listing it as being there. 

I've been to MK Bowl 3 times before, so can vouch for it having a wildly different scale.

I would say tbf that I have been wrong before, given I thought Arctic Monkeys doing Finsbury Park in 2014 would rule them out of doing R&L and they duly played both anyway (and imo gave Reading the better set, not that I'm still bitter about that). But given Muse seem to have cut down touring compared to the Black Holes/Resistance days, it feels extremely unlikely bordering on not gonna happen that they'd do both.

1 hour ago, charlierc said:

Didn't they literally do that slot in 2016?

As ‘co-headliners’. Can’t remember who with now, didn’t see them as I like what seemed like the rest of the festival were all at twenty one pilots