Acts Touring around Glastonbury 2023

kingcrawler

35 minutes ago, Quark said:

I'm saying that their music and show are well suited to a certain timeslot and situation. As well you know you little scamp.

I'd ask you how you'd feel about a quiet downbeat acoustic set as your Saturday night headliner, but we both know that's a waste of time as you'd be in your element.

😄

Pre wrong 'un Ryan Adams at The Park remains one of my favourite headline slots (wasn't acoustic but it had a certain vibe).

36 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Ultimately it's neither big nor clever to be bashing a couple of grams of MDMA at 11.30 in the morning. For this reason early Chemical Brothers sets should be discouraged.

Reminds me of one of the best overheard conversations around the campsite.

"No mate, ket for breakfast, mandy later"

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Ultimately it's neither big nor clever to be bashing a couple of grams of MDMA at 11.30 in the morning. For this reason early Chemical Brothers sets should be discouraged.

Alternatively, keep it going through to 11;30 from the night before and then its more of a sunrise set than early morning. Sleep afterwards and wake up for the evening acts of the next day.

6 hours ago, Memory Man said:

Curious that the announced chems show is on a sunday when it would sell much better on a saturday.

i think the dj set rumours are pretty strong and its too early for them to be back live esp without a new album so i think that as good as confirms the dj set on the saturday, otherwise surely castle howard would have been booked for the 25th. 

im not sure an outdoor gig in the middle of nowhere on a sunday when lots of potential ticket buyers are at glastonbury is a great idea commercially. 

castle howard is 20 mins from me, an odd outdoor venue more used to last night of the proms with flag waving tory farmers in attendance.  Should be interesting to see chems  and given ive no glasto ticket, i'll be there.  can't see it selling out though

20 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Just noticed that the buzzy New York post-punk band Geese have rearranged their UK tour to late June. Playing London on June 22 and then Glasgow on June 25.

I think Friday on William's Green is a strong likelihood.

I noticed they rearranged their Glasgow show but unfortunately they're playing Dublin on the 24th and Manchester on the 26th as well, so they're pretty much ruled out.

3 hours ago, BFisherr said:

Everything Everything just announced a new album out 20th May. Free Glasto weekend, playing in Manchester the week after. 

Screenshot 2022-02-07 at 19.09.01.png

Not bad this single, sounds a lot more like their older stuff.