Acts Touring around Glastonbury 2023

kingcrawler

The last year of Bestival, where they didn’t exactly break da bank on the acts but still went under afterwards, it was revealed they still owed London Grammar £175k (unlikely to be their full fee as a fee should be paid up front too) after the fest.

Glastonbury’s headline fee is reportedly £250k max, just to put into perspective about fees for artists and how even mid-sized events pay more than Glastonbury.

Shame the Cavester is ruled out. I was gonna say I’m not sure if he does festivals he ain’t headlining these days but I think he headlined a second stage against Arctic Monkeys at Rock Werchter last tour.

Edit: Get him subbing Swifty in 2023 for the best night in Pyramid history.

Edited by Somto Unigwe Raphael

Ctrl+c, ctrl-v a few of these on willy wangers green?

Would love (British) Sea Power to make it to gb. Where i don’t know. Early on John Peel or Park. Or maybe some random slot on leftfield. (Particularly since they went so woke that they dropped British from their name- presumably in case it might trigger any 18th century french naval officers in the audience..

787427B1-0972-4B1F-8FB5-317261357E22.jpeg

Edited by mattiloy

24 minutes ago, mattiloy said:

Ctrl+c, ctrl-v a few of these on willy wangers green?

Would love (British) Sea Power to make it to gb. Where i don’t know. Early on John Peel or Park. Or maybe some random slot on leftfield. (Particularly since they went so woke that they dropped British from their name- presumably in case it might trigger any 18th century french naval officers in the audience..

787427B1-0972-4B1F-8FB5-317261357E22.jpeg

Name change and Everything Was Forever (2021–present)[edit]

On Monday 9 August 2021, the band announced that they would henceforth be known as Sea Power due to "a rise in a certain kind of nationalism in this world – an isolationist, antagonistic nationalism that [they] don't want to run any risk of being confused with.", and that their new album, Everything Was Forever, would be released in February 2022.[33][34]

hardly woke just don't want to be associated with a load of nationalist scum

• Like 1

23 hours ago, gfa said:

Name change and Everything Was Forever (2021–present)[edit]

On Monday 9 August 2021, the band announced that they would henceforth be known as Sea Power due to "a rise in a certain kind of nationalism in this world – an isolationist, antagonistic nationalism that [they] don't want to run any risk of being confused with.", and that their new album, Everything Was Forever, would be released in February 2022.[33][34]

hardly woke just don't want to be associated with a load of nationalist scum

That was a joke there. They can do what they want with their name. I like Sea Power/British Sea Power. Thanks for the wiki page tho

Although- I’d guess the risk of man of arran blaring out at the next EDL rally are slim whatever they call themselves. But I know people have become more sensitive these days and feel like things are happening in the wider world outside of their control. If this makes them feel like they’re taking back control then fair dos… maybe a little ironic tho

Edited by mattiloy

A few weeks ago Anton Newcombe replied "not that I know of" to a tweet asking if BJM we're at the G. That was before they announced their first European date a few days ago. Fingers crossed for one of my favourite bands. The John Peel slot they got in 2014 wasn't the best, a smaller tent a little later would suit more. Probably too early for Pond to return.

Screenshot_20220212-224049.png

18 hours ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

A few weeks ago Anton Newcombe replied "not that I know of" to a tweet asking if BJM we're at the G. That was before they announced their first European date a few days ago. Fingers crossed for one of my favourite bands. The John Peel slot they got in 2014 wasn't the best, a smaller tent a little later would suit more. Probably too early for Pond to return.

A two hour slot at the Park would be top. They were immense on their last UK tour.