Acts Touring around Glastonbury 2023

kingcrawler

3 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Get The National headlining the Other against Styles!!

Yeah why not much chat about The National? Seems like they are doing the EU festival circuit with a big gap in their schedule over Glastonbury weekend?

Does some other UK festival have an exclusive or something?

Just now, The Martini Police said:

We do this 'National to headline the Other' thing every year. It's only heading one way...disappointment. Let's nip in the bud now, I reckon.

It never happens because we never want it hard enough.

A headline trio of Simz/National/Kendrick would quickly make me forget whichever boyband spinoff is on El Pointo.

Just now, mattiloy said:

Yeah why not much chat about The National? Seems like they are doing the EU festival circuit with a big gap in their schedule over Glastonbury weekend?

I think a bit back we already had in mind other stage headliners (QoTSA, PSB and someone else, Dua Lipa maybe) and we couldn't really imagine them there - but i think the situation has changed now so hopefully they can fill in for someone like QoTSA.

Just now, mattiloy said:

They've played their ceiling slot really by subbing the Pyramid (personally I think they should be given a headline shot, but they're not really big enough and thats a whole other debate...), and they were discounted for the 2020 fest by virtue of doing that relatively recently. 

Its been five years now though and they've had even more material since then so I do think they're due to come back but the problem is there's an abundance of acts looking at the slots they'd be in the running for. 

Just now, scatteredscreens said:

I think a bit back we already had in mind other stage headliners (QoTSA, PSB and someone else, Dua Lipa maybe) and we couldn't really imagine them there - but i think the situation has changed now so hopefully they can fill in for someone like QoTSA.

It's not difficult to imagine them opposite either Billie or Styles.

Although I suspect there will be quite a few bands jostling for those slots.

9 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

She's back in the States for festivals after this Swedish bash above, which suggests she's probably unlikely. But the actual G weekend is still free so fingers crossed I guess. 

Ah didn't realise that. Oh well, it'll be a bonus if it happens then

3 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

It's not difficult to imagine them opposite either Billie or Styles.

Although I suspect there will be quite a few bands jostling for those slots.

Yeah for sure, I could see them being there, but also I'd prefer them to come back another year with another album. I don't think they've got anything up their sleeve this year.

Just now, Hugh Jass said:

They're headlining APE in August but don't think it's exclusive.

Just now, scatteredscreens said:

I think sometimes people in these forums get hung up on the balance of the lineup. Its often not a perfect blend of genres.

Other stage 2017 Boy Better Know, Major Lazer, Alt J

2018: Chems, Tame Impala, xtine + Queens

If they are in Europe and not booked on that weekend, then I’d be amazed if Glastonbury’s bookers wouldn’t have been in touch. 

Could PSB not even top West Holts or sub the geezer? (pyramids of giza geddit, its a new one, by me, everyone start using it Alright??)

2 minutes ago, scatteredscreens said:

Yeah for sure, I could see them being there, but also I'd prefer them to come back another year with another album. I don't think they've got anything up their sleeve this year.

Wouldn't put it past them tbh, the last one came out of the blue and off the back of a bunch of touring for the previous album. 

They've had two years without gigs now, they've probably written three more records! 

1 minute ago, the wonderwhy said:

Wouldn't put it past them tbh, the last one came out of the blue and off the back of a bunch of touring for the previous album. 

They've had two years without gigs now, they've probably written three more records! 

Oh I hope so. I just think they've all been busy doing their own things.

Just now, AlexOvd said:

I can accept Harry headlining if The National is going to be the alternative. I would sign it now if possible 🙂

If I am not wrong it's the first date I see from Sharon Van Etten in Europe so it looks like she would be around, hopefully will join the line up.

She's at Primavera also, but she last played Glastonbury in 2019 so not sure if she'd be there, but I hope she is.

3 minutes ago, scatteredscreens said:

She's at Primavera also, but she last played Glastonbury in 2019 so not sure if she'd be there, but I hope she is.

I think it won't be too crazy. After all it will be some time after the last edition so I think we can expect some acts repeating from 2019 AKA Idles, Simz... even Billie played in 2019 and now is headlining the Pyramid.

Edited by AlexOvd

THE SUGAR HILL GANG FT. GRAND MASTER MELLE MEL, THE FURIOUS 5 + SCORPIO are playing at the Dulwich Pub in the Park on the Saturday night

https://www.pubintheparkuk.com/dulwich/music

Other acts over the weekend include Sister Sledge, Aswad, Craig David, The Christians, Sophie Ellis-Bextor, Norman Jay and a Faithless DJ set. Surely some of them will be at the farm.

2 hours ago, andymk said:

THE SUGAR HILL GANG FT. GRAND MASTER MELLE MEL, THE FURIOUS 5 + SCORPIO are playing at the Dulwich Pub in the Park on the Saturday night

https://www.pubintheparkuk.com/dulwich/music

Other acts over the weekend include Sister Sledge, Aswad, Craig David, The Christians, Sophie Ellis-Bextor, Norman Jay and a Faithless DJ set. Surely some of them will be at the farm.

Oh yes please and Sister Sledge. Can see Nile Rogers coming on with them if he is around to guest with Miss Ross

3 minutes ago, westholtschic said:

Oh yes please and Sister Sledge. Can see Nile Rogers coming on with them if he is around to guest with Miss Ross

Nile Rodgers would have come on with the NHS Choir if anyone left the side gate open and unattended. 

• Upvote 3