Acts Touring around Glastonbury 2023

kingcrawler

1 hour ago, p.pete said:

Sounds like it's bigger than Bundoran...  wow, wiki says just under 2k people, smaller than I remember!

I think its bigger than that - no way is a 2k festival getting Kasabian

1 minute ago, theouterlimits said:

The absence of Paramore from the R&L lineup surely makes them a bit more likely for Glastonbury? Assuming the headliners are AM, GNR, Elton, then you have some very appropriate subs in Pulp, Paramore, Lizzo 

They've not been announced for a single EU festival next summer so I doubt they'd make a special trip for Glastonbury. They might be stretching it out to do 2024 festivals instead.

Just now, jannybruck said:

They've not been announced for a single EU festival next summer so I doubt they'd make a special trip for Glastonbury. They might be stretching it out to do 2024 festivals instead.

They do have a #GSH and I'm sure I remember seeing someone post a while ago that they said they would do a couple of european festivals (although to be fair I'm struggling to find the source for this) 

19 minutes ago, theouterlimits said:

They do have a #GSH and I'm sure I remember seeing someone post a while ago that they said they would do a couple of european festivals (although to be fair I'm struggling to find the source for this) 

That was me, tried to find the source but it was a random Facebook video of a Radio 1 interview they did around the launch of This Is Why about their UK plans for the new album.

24 minutes ago, theouterlimits said:

They have a random 3 week gap in their usa tour over glasto weekend. 

41 minutes ago, theouterlimits said:

The absence of Paramore from the R&L lineup surely makes them a bit more likely for Glastonbury? Assuming the headliners are AM, GNR, Elton, then you have some very appropriate subs in Pulp, Paramore, Lizzo 

For purely selfish reasons I'd want QOTSA to sub Arctic Monkeys instead of headlining Other v Elton, then Lizzo to headline Other against Arctics. Stick Pulp on before Elton, job's a good un. 

6 hours ago, churlie100 said:

That was me, tried to find the source but it was a random Facebook video of a Radio 1 interview they did around the launch of This Is Why about their UK plans for the new album.

That was pretty recently, what was the exact wording? I doubt they would say they had European festivals lined up if it wasn’t true, especially as this was only a couple months ago, keep the faith! 

Apologies if it’s already listed, I did a quick search and couldn’t see anything. James and The Levellers are playing the usual Bristol Ampitheatre gigs Glastonbury weekend which usually means they’ll be somewhere on the bill.

edit: ignore me just found it a couple of pages back. 

Edited by Dan190984

45 minutes ago, jonday81 said:

Surely in with a shout for the Legend slot.

Which one?

I'm sure I'm not going to be the only one who still has a bad taste in their mouth from the time The Jacksons headlined West Holts a few years back. Easily the worst headline set I've seen anywhere at Glastonbury. Granted part of it wasn't their fault - there was a pretty heavy wind heading straight into the stage and it pretty much blew away the sound. As a result it was impossible to hear anything worthwhile past the sound desk - however what I will blame them (or their crew) for is that even in front of the sound desk the mix was diabolical, in particular the vocals were mixed way too low.

9 hours ago, incident said:

Which one?

I'm sure I'm not going to be the only one who still has a bad taste in their mouth from the time The Jacksons headlined West Holts a few years back. Easily the worst headline set I've seen anywhere at Glastonbury. Granted part of it wasn't their fault - there was a pretty heavy wind heading straight into the stage and it pretty much blew away the sound. As a result it was impossible to hear anything worthwhile past the sound desk - however what I will blame them (or their crew) for is that even in front of the sound desk the mix was diabolical, in particular the vocals were mixed way too low.

I agree … I persisted but things didn’t get any better … we were forward of the sound stage on the path to the right but all we could hear was shouts of people complaining that they couldn’t hear 

5 hours ago, Crazyfool01 said:

I agree … I persisted but things didn’t get any better … we were forward of the sound stage on the path to the right but all we could hear was shouts of people complaining that they couldn’t hear 

It was terrible, we left to see Dohl Foundation in Avalon, which had a tiny crowd, but were excellent.