Acts Touring around Glastonbury 2023

kingcrawler

5 hours ago, RatingsAndMoney said:

The Black Keys a definite for Glastonbury Sunday then? 3rd down pyramid/sub other stage perhaps?

Yeah that's other sub I think, they will be a bit niche for Pyramid now I think. They would fit under QOTSA very easily which would mean a female act subbing Elton which isn't unlikely.

22 hours ago, Sorcha17 said:

FjY9BImWYAATw0m?format=jpg&name=900x900

KT Tunstall always great value live, but thought she'd had to quite touring as it was making her deaf?

6 hours ago, sheerin_lfc said:

37496394-6967-4727-AF39-A37F507A91C7.jpeg

I realise that they are in the Uk at this point, but Manchester Thurs/Glasgow Sat probably rules out Friday and so only realistically leaves Sunday, but again you've still got the back to back gig problem and I only see 1 on that list.  I'd suggest this might actually rule them out.

19 hours ago, charlierc said:

There's enough there that, if I was Belgium-based, I'd give it a look. But I'm not sure I find it as alluring as some others I've contemplated.

Though the fuck is that poster design? Awful font and a yellow/grey colour scheme that really does not fit together.

It’s so bad I read it the first time and was surprised Editors weren’t on there.

Normal service was resumed on the second reading.

5 minutes ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

KT Tunstall always great value live, but thought she'd had to quite touring as it was making her deaf?

I realise that they are in the Uk at this point, but Manchester Thurs/Glasgow Sat probably rules out Friday and so only realistically leaves Sunday, but again you've still got the back to back gig problem and I only see 1 on that list.  I'd suggest this might actually rule them out.

I don't remember this back-to-back gig thing getting talked about nearly as much in the past.  I get it when you're talking about massive shows that maybe take a lot of logistics to move about the place, or when the band / artist has toured to death in their career already and have the desire and autonomy to say they don't want to be on stage every night.  Currently it's December and we're trying to predict what schedules people will have 6+ months away, sure we have some info but how many gaps will get filled in?  I can't remember what was normal 3 years ago, but I have in my head 'most' acts would do more than 4 gigs in a week making it hard to avoid back-to-backs.  A few weeks ago we were talking about many artists cancelling tours and festivals trying to set their prices so that they'd survive - are any of those things likely to play out next year too?

20 minutes ago, p.pete said:

I don't remember this back-to-back gig thing getting talked about nearly as much in the past.  I get it when you're talking about massive shows that maybe take a lot of logistics to move about the place, or when the band / artist has toured to death in their career already and have the desire and autonomy to say they don't want to be on stage every night.  Currently it's December and we're trying to predict what schedules people will have 6+ months away, sure we have some info but how many gaps will get filled in?  I can't remember what was normal 3 years ago, but I have in my head 'most' acts would do more than 4 gigs in a week making it hard to avoid back-to-backs.  A few weeks ago we were talking about many artists cancelling tours and festivals trying to set their prices so that they'd survive - are any of those things likely to play out next year too?

As well as the logistics on larger shows it's also an age thing.  In your 20's you're pretty much indestructible and your body/voice etc. can deal with it and recover.  Think there was something about this on a Sky Arts doc I watched once saying that throats in particular are less resilient after about 35 and back to back gigs can lead to damage and infections.  I'd say the older the act, the more recovery time they'd need.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

Doing back to back London/Manc.  Day off then Glasgow/Glasto.  Sure they’ll be absolutely fine.  Will be late on whatever stage they’re playing too