LAWKS! It’s the Next Announcement Thread 2022!

jparx

4 hours ago, Matt42 said:

She probably doesn’t even know where she is at this point. Expecting her to pass not long after this jubilee. (Sorry for morbid).

We got to hope she doesn't croak just before glasto as they might cancel due to 'national mourning' or some such bollocks.

4 hours ago, Matt42 said:

She probably doesn’t even know where she is at this point. Expecting her to pass not long after this jubilee. (Sorry for morbid).

I did wonder if Harry and Megan going to see her on the way to invictus was a goodbye visit, but if it was I don’t think he would be all smiles at invictus, he wouldn’t even be there. I think you are right, not long after the jubilee is my guess, 

6 minutes ago, Euphoricape said:

We got to hope she doesn't croak just before glasto as they might cancel due to 'national mourning' or some such bollocks.

Nah all it will be is an enforced bank holiday and I’m pretty sure glasto’s contractors will still have to work on those days. 

16 minutes ago, Euphoricape said:

We had this debate a while back. There is no way that would happen. Is the state going to reimburse us for our tickets? In addition to other cancelled music events, plays, sporting events etc. Or are the private companies suppose to just take the loss leading some to bankruptcy?

The queen is dead, long live the king. 

31 minutes ago, Euphoricape said:

I worked on the Commonwealth Games in 2002 and one of the big risks to the games taking place was whether the Queen Mum popped her clogs just before or during the Games. Because they would have been cancelled/postponed.  Obviously the 'Commonwealth' factor would have played a major part in that call and Glastonbury wouldn't have that pressure.

Thankfully the old girl had the good grace to shuffle off three months before the Games started so it wasn't an issue!

33 minutes ago, danbailey80 said:

It would mean, as a teacher, I could finally arrive earlier than Friday so... (not that I actually want her to die). 

Every cloud……!     I was able to accrue hols to allow me away for the Wednesday, it was always the last week of term in Scotland, though it did mean I missed a few school trips to Alton Towers!  

19 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

There's never been an announcement over Easter weekend before. I don't know if that is linked to Michael's religious beliefs or if it's just because most people working in the office will be off. 

Always a possibility I guess but unlikely. 

Weekends, let alone a bank holiday, would be a bad time to announce anything generally. People are busy, out, not watching telly or online as much, so you won't get much traction.

If anything, it would be an ideal time to try and bury some bad news!

46 minutes ago, BluePaul said:

I worked on the Commonwealth Games in 2002 and one of the big risks to the games taking place was whether the Queen Mum popped her clogs just before or during the Games. Because they would have been cancelled/postponed.  Obviously the 'Commonwealth' factor would have played a major part in that call and Glastonbury wouldn't have that pressure.

Thankfully the old girl had the good grace to shuffle off three months before the Games started so it wasn't an issue!

I'm no royalist, but look after yourself Liz! (At least until July anyway)

13 hours ago, Euphoricape said:

13 hours ago, gfa said:

Don't even go there!

This came up as a discussion a few months ago so did a little research into London Bridge. Basically as long as the bridge doesn’t fall in the two weeks preceding the festival it shouldn’t affect it too much. 

1 hour ago, squirrelarmy said:

This came up as a discussion a few months ago so did a little research into London Bridge. Basically as long as the bridge doesn’t fall in the two weeks preceding the festival it shouldn’t affect it too much. 

What’s the deal, would it actually (presuming nobody sensible steps in) actually impact the festival?