2022 Headliners

Chrisp1986

2 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

2016 was a solid lineup

Maybe it’s because my memories of that year are almost entirely clouded by the shit ground conditions and weather, but I remember the lineup being good, not amazing. Had three incredible headliners - Sigur Ros, Adele, LCD Soundsystem - but remember a lot of the undercard just being so-so for my personal taste (but that said, still had plenty to see every hour of every day).

26 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

2016 was shit. The weather beforehand was shit, getting in was shit, the line-up was shit, getting about was shit, all in all... shit*

*It was though Glastonbury level shit so I still had a great time and the weather during the actual festival wasn't too bad. I think it was mainly dry during the day.

The weather that year was so bad. Not to mention Brexit too. Muse Adele Coldplay.

I remember 2016 being so-so on paper (I suppose you can never really look back at these things fairly though, especially six years on when your tastes have changed) but as I say, was class when it came down to it. Saturday with Wolf Alice > Madness > Last Shaddow Puppets > Floating Points > New Order is one of my most memorable Glasto days. 

Just now, the wonderwhy said:

I remember 2016 being so-so on paper (I suppose you can never really look back at these things fairly though, especially six years on when your tastes have changed) but as I say, was class when it came down to it. Saturday with Wolf Alice > Madness > Last Shaddow Puppets > Floating Points > New Order is one of my most memorable Glasto days. 

I loved that Saturday too. Did Wold Alice, Madness, LSP, Art Garfunkel, Adele back to back and had a great day.

29 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

2016 was shit. The weather beforehand was shit, getting in was shit, the line-up was shit, getting about was shit, all in all... shit*

*It was though Glastonbury level shit so I still had a great time and the weather during the actual festival wasn't too bad. I think it was mainly dry during the day.

All time great set from LCD though so it was worth it in the end!

2016 was class.

The queues were so long that the coach i was on from Manchester eventually started to let people out in the long stops in traffic to smoke, this quickly descended into everybody getting off everytime we were in the vicinity of a pub, quickly necking a pint with the liverpool coach a few spots ahead of us whose occupants also copped on, and then running after the coach which had usually moved about 100m down the road.

Then it stopped outside a Lidl, everyone piled off, cans were bought, passed round.

It took something like 12 hours, most of which was within 20km of the site, but by god did we make the most of it! And besides, who cares how you get to heaven, so long as you get there

I thought the conditions were manageable during the festival besides that. We usually camp up the north west of the site halfway up the slope near the coach entry so the mud wasn’t an issue. Although i remember i lost the soul off my walking boot in the mud on the friday so had to buy a pair of ill fitting wellies that gave me blisters.

The lineup was class too*

Sigur Ros, New Order, LCD three of the best headliners I’ve seen at the festival.

Some solid golden oldies - madness, ELO, squeeze, Gary Clark jr.

And lots besides!

Unknown mortal orchestra were shit tho. So underwhelming live

Edited by mattiloy
  • Upvote 3

12 minutes ago, jparx said:

All time great set from LCD though so it was worth it in the end!

A euphoric end to what had been an emotionally and physically demanding festival. We caught the second half of that set having  waded through the river that was the market area between West Holts and the Other. One of my favourite Glastonbury sets ever.

Musically I thought 2016 was pretty damn good, it was just a slog to get anywhere with the heavy ground, the mud was horrible.

For me the 2016 line-up was a shocker. I remember the poster coming out and I was interested in about 6 acts and two of those ended up clashing.

I've just done a search to find the poster and found that there is a website selling copies of the fake poster that someone on here mocked up 😄.  (maybe @Mattymooz?)

GLASTONBURY FESTIVAL 2016 Poster - prints4u

15 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

We're at that special time in the life of the headliner thread where we as good as know who is playing so there is nothing to speculate on, but nothing has been formally confirmed, so we just reminisce about old festivals...

No this has now turned into 

“Wait, I’ve not checked this page for 5 days. Do we have definitive proof that it’s Kendrick and Macca… are they confirmed”… thread.

Edited by Matt42

3 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Wait. I’ve not checked this forum for a while. Is there a reason people are suggesting LCD?

I wasn't I was just referring back to 2016. 

Elsewhere endswithMJ is saying there's a band everyone on here will be very happy with announcing a tour that points to Glasto next week, which some people have been guessing might be them, but they're ruled out of Glasto because of their Bilbao exclusivity anyway. And I think Al Doyle has said no as well. 

Edited by the wonderwhy

1 hour ago, mattiloy said:

The queues were so long that the coach i was on from Manchester eventually started to let people out in the long stops in traffic to smoke, this quickly descended into everybody getting off everytime we were in the vicinity of a pub, quickly necking a pint with the liverpool coach a few spots ahead of us whose occupants also copped on, and then running after the coach which had usually moved about 100m down the road.

Then it stopped outside a Lidl, everyone piled off, cans were bought, passed round.

It took something like 12 hours, most of which was within 20km of the site, but by god did we make the most of it! And besides, who cares how you get to heaven, so long as you get there

Hahaha, that sounds like a lot of fun!

8 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

I wasn't I was just referring back to 2016. 

Elsewhere endswithMJ is saying there's a band everyone on here will be very happy with announcing a tour that points to Glasto next week, which some people have been guessing might be them, but they're ruled out of Glasto because of their Bilbao exclusivity anyway. And I think Al Doyle has said no as well. 

😉

3 hours ago, Superscally said:

That would have killed my van stone dead. I went night before and though I had a few bad smells from the engine, it wasn't that long and I made it.

It was ok on the vehicles because it was so stationary that the engine was off more than it was on, the guys in front of us had a BBQ on the go and would just move it up the verge as the traffic moved, I seem to remember my wife cooking up sausage chips and beans for us, we also had a few people use our toilet facilities.

12 hours ago, Mouseboy11 said:

Was 2007 worse weatherise than 2016? That was apocalyptic 

It took us 8.5 hours just to get out of the field our car was parked in. No stewards to be seen anywhere, a group of us must have pushed over 40 cars out of that field. My brother was a few fields over and was out in 15 minutes! I can still remember a young lad in a 4x4 Fiat Panda doing doughnuts in the field, he was having a ball. The car just seemed to glide over the mud. My wife loves the festival but I had a really difficult time persuading her to go in 2008. Too young kids stuck in the back of the car for that length of time was trying to say the least. Eventually got back to Wakefield just before midnight and we were packed and back to the car by 10am!

I am so glad it circled back around to where we were a few months ago. Sing a long with Beatle and will be losing my shit by myself at Kendrick assuming my friends won't stick him out. I may dip my toe in for Billie but I have seen Foals wayyyyy over 20 times at this point so I don't feel obliged to stay at a main stage on my first Glasto and I get to explore! All aboard the hype train and roll on the announcements!!!!

3 hours ago, whitehorses said:

Cv fields were so funny. We all got towed in by a tractor 

9E6DB205-FE13-4941-85DC-0259D65922BC.jpeg

Not a dig but I don’t think the VWs I saw getting their front ends ripped off thought it was funny.

we managed to get in and out under our own steam, getting in was harder as a Marshall decided to walk in front of us to show us where to go, but it being pitch black, chucking it down and on wet glass I just wanted to get some speed up to keep going, just had to camp where I stopped.

getting out I walked a route I thought I could do and then did it, I was out in 20 minutes.

11 hours ago, BlueDaze said:

2007 was my first… trainers and sun cream on Wednesday.. on Sunday eve during The Who I was so wet and cold… but the festival had me hooked.

I missed 2008 as neither of my nephews wanted to return (and haven’t since) but bought my daughters in 2009 and this year is the first we have missed since…

The Who 2007  - it was like watching a gig whilst full dressed in one of those waterfall showers. I also had two under 10's in tow but they're one of my favourite bands and I had to see it through to the end. It was grim.