2022 Headliners

Chrisp1986

2 hours ago, Suprefan said:

Counterpoint, quadruple co headline in the u.s. vs a co headline at lolla. Still not at the top on her own. When you have 6 or more spots you gotta fill em in.

9D339020-69D0-478B-80C7-FC7BB49FCF56.jpeg

What a ridiculous poster format, 5 headliners with some of them being a fraction of the size of the biggest ones

3 hours ago, Suprefan said:

Counterpoint, quadruple co headline in the u.s. vs a co headline at lolla. Still not at the top on her own. When you have 6 or more spots you gotta fill em in.

The whole concept exists to satisfy egos. When it became clear that putting someone on the top line of a poster was a sweetener for a deal, they were obviously gonna stretch it as far as they possibly can.

On 10/9/2021 at 12:07 PM, Matt42 said:

Just had a thought - would Kendrick not allow the BBC to broadcast his headline set? Does he have a bit of a track record for not allowing performances to be recorded?

Which day gets the biggest BBC figures, is it the Saturday? If so it might make more sense to keep Macca on the Saturday. Kendrick being on the Sunday with no broadcasting and would probably be the best day for him to play. As Billie / Paul will be headlining on prime TV viewing slots.

i don't think viewing figures comes into it very much, i think the beeb broadcast as an important cultural event, not because of big viewer figures.

15 minutes ago, Neil said:

i don't think viewing figures comes into it very much, i think the beeb broadcast as an important cultural event, not because of big viewer figures.

Fair enough - I posted that in September but my view has changed since then. Kendrick ok the Sunday imo would be really great. Some of his songs actually make great Sunday evening listening. (loyalty for example will go down great).

Are you still thinking Billie, Macca, Kendrick Neil? I think there is a chance Kendrick will be announced for Coachella next week, which may make him ready to be announced.

20 hours ago, Suprefan said:

9D339020-69D0-478B-80C7-FC7BB49FCF56.jpeg

When it gets down to the second line I start recognising people less and less - but the top lines and all three days are pretty stacked. Post Malone, Halsey, Doja Cat, Tame Impala, Megan, Jack Harlow, Pheobe are some of the trendiest bookings going right now.

Not for me but I recognise how that sells tickets.

Edited by Matt42

3 hours ago, Matt42 said:

When it gets down to the second line I start recognising people less and less - but the top lines and all three days are pretty stacked. Post Malone, Halsey, Doja Cat, Tame Impala, Megan, Jack Harlow, Pheobe are some of the trendiest bookings going right now.

Not for me but I recognise how that sells tickets.

Its a US festival most of the smaller names are US bands that are unheard of here. I recognise a decent amount and if i asked some of my american friends about this would probably be lapping it up honestly

I beg Kendrick gets announced. Listened to his back catalogue a lot the past month, was my one pyramid headliner of the year for 2020. The set will be seriously epic. If he isn't playing I'll be absolutely gutted. Hopefully Neils info is correct.

Hope we get something soon, hate seeing this thread dry up for more than a few days.

8 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

I beg Kendrick gets announced. Listened to his back catalogue a lot the past month, was my one pyramid headliner of the year for 2020. The set will be seriously epic. If he isn't playing I'll be absolutely gutted. Hopefully Neils info is correct.

Hope we get something soon, hate seeing this thread dry up for more than a few days.

It might resurrect if Coachella drops tomorrow and he’s on it.

7 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

It might resurrect if Coachella drops tomorrow and he’s on it.

Is there a date for Coachella yet or is tomorrow speculation?

26 minutes ago, gfa said:

We run on Coachella time, which is whenever they feel like it. The normal assumed day would be tomorrow but things can change. Do not be surprised if its delayed, and you know why.

30 minutes ago, gfa said:

There is no pattern but they usually drop the poster first week of Jan. Last few years it has been the first working Monday of the year. 

9 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

We run on Coachella time, which is whenever they feel like it. The normal assumed day would be tomorrow but things can change. Do not be surprised if its delayed, and you know why.

5 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

There is no pattern but they usually drop the poster first week of Jan. Last few years it has been the first working Monday of the year. 

sounds good thank you. any expected time?

Yep, at the wrong time.

Btw, Glasto mightve lost some luster with the Billie booking. Supposedly Coachella has her now too. So much for an exclusive if thats true.

Still would be European/everywhere but America festival exclusive. Does anyone really care if she's headlining an American festival? Not like she's headlining Werchter/Mad Cool/NOS Alive so its still a feat aye?

Billies set at Firefly was uploaded and now I reckon she will do well, still wont be at her set though!

(Sorry if its been posted before - the amount of phones and American screams are a bit of a put off but the stage show is pretty good)

Yep, at the wrong time.

Btw, Glasto mightve lost some luster with the Billie booking. Supposedly Coachella has her now too. So much for an exclusive if thats true.

Not really. I think the two most famous festivals sharing one of the biggest acts on the planet is a natural situation. I'd even argue that there's power in announcing first but it all evens out. I made a similar point a while back to suggest that Coachella might do the same with Kendrick Lamar and that it might be the catalyst for him announcing further dates...at a later date, maybe including Glastonbury. So not an exclusive booking as such, more exclusivity on the announcement. Just a theory. But either way, I don't think another festival having Billie diminishes Glastonbury's booking, especially if that festival is Coachella.