What telly progs are you bingeing on?

Ayrshire Chris

Agreed - what made S1 of Westworld good disappeared in S2 and by S3 it was essentially a completely different and far inferior show, and I couldn't be bothered with it.

Currently binging on Marcella, the Anna Friel show on Netflix. I've dispatched two seasons and have one left. Pretty good - not amazing, and incredibly dark.

1 minute ago, kalifire said:

Currently binging on Marcella, the Anna Friel show on Netflix. I've dispatched two seasons and have one left. Pretty good - not amazing, and incredibly dark.

Fun fact, there is an early episode of Marcella where she observes a pinboard with all the photos of dead girls/bodies on it - a friend of mine is in one of those pictures as a dead girl. 

I've never really bothered with those big American sitcoms (or dramas, for that matter), but now may be the time to get involved. Anyone tell me which of these is better? (Listed in my instinctive order of preference)

It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia
Shitts Creek
The Office
Arrested Development

Edited by Homer

5 minutes ago, Homer said:

I've never really bothered with those big American sitcoms (or dramas, for that matter), but now may be the time to get involved. Anyone tell me which of these is better? (Listed in my instinctive order of preference)

Shitts Creek
The Office
Arrested Development

My favourite comedy of those is Always Sunny.

I loved Schitt's Creek but I have only recommended it to people on its grounds of "loveliness" and the familiarity built with the characters. Very few actual laughs.

1 hour ago, Homer said:

Shitts Creek
The Office
Arrested Development

I resisted The Office for years because, obviously, it’ll be inferior to the UK version. But it’s not. It’s fantastic, the characters are brilliant. 

2 hours ago, Homer said:

Shitts Creek
The Office
Arrested Development

If you cut AD off at the end of season 3 it wins, it's average gets dragged down every episode onwards. Always Sunny is brilliant, probably peaked but still enjoyable and I'm looking forward to more. The office was great but a big blur, doesn't really ever step up to the quality of the other 2 shows. Never watched schitts creek.

FOR ME

11 hours ago, Punksnotdead said:

I have. And it's the greatest comedy of all time. Shame about the last couple of series when Larry David wasn't involved which spoiled the legacy a bit.

15 hours ago, Mr.Tease said:

Ive watched it through many times- one of my favourite comedies! George always cracks me up😂

It’s hard to introduce people to because the first few series are bit iffy

Genius show, taken to new levels with the reunion done by equally good (but different in its own right) show Curb.

They're very capable the yanks I don't know why I sit through so much of their other guff ahah

I'm halfway through the sopranos and it's as good as everyone says so far. I used to come home really drunk and find my dad watching it when I was young it it's funny watching the bits I remember fit in, like one of those TikTok videos where the still creeps in until the video catches up with it.