What telly progs are you bingeing on?

Ayrshire Chris

Just now, Mr.Tease said:

I loved the first series of Mr Robot, I hear series 2 is meant to be a bit disappointing but hopefully it picks up again after that. 

Also still enjoying the Marvel series on Netflix- Daredevil, Punisher, Jessica Jones, Luke cage- all very enjoyable

Mr Robot is incredible. Series 2 is a bit of dip, but the final season smashes it out of the park. Fantastically acted and directed and they nailed the finale. Keep going!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Ozanne said:

I’m tempted to get into The Expanse, anyone watched it?

I need to watch the latest series. It’s a must see if you’re a sci-fi fan. This adds a huge dose of realism to sci-fi especially when it comes to how humans will adapt to living in different parts of our solar system. The effect that gravity has on how our body develops is a recurring theme of the series. 

5 minutes ago, Mr.Tease said:

I loved the first series of Mr Robot, I hear series 2 is meant to be a bit disappointing but hopefully it picks up again after that. 

Also still enjoying the Marvel series on Netflix- Daredevil, Punisher, Jessica Jones, Luke cage- all very enjoyable

Mr Robot is great. It’s a great insight in the world of hacking and how easily the internet can influence someones lives. 

7 minutes ago, zero000 said:

Mr Robot is incredible. Series 2 is a bit of dip, but the final season smashes it out of the park. Fantastically acted and directed and they nailed the finale. Keep going!

I will! The first series was one of my most liked series in quite a while!

1 hour ago, zero000 said:

Couldn't agree more. And a sublime soundtrack. Still waiting for volume 2 of the final season.

Meanwhile, I love this version of the main theme, it has so much swagger!

https://youtu.be/ZQdb1PBGLlg

21 hours ago, Wellyboot said:

Watched the first two epsiodes of The Stand over the weekend. Not sure now's the best time for it 😆

Aye, it's a bit too relevant right now, right?

Given The Stand is a weekly thing started plugging the gaps with Westworld. 5 episodes in, man it's great TV.

31 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Aye, it's a bit too relevant right now, right?

Given The Stand is a weekly thing started plugging the gaps with Westworld. 5 episodes in, man it's great TV.

😆 yeah just a bit!!

I watched Westworld before The Stand and its brilliant! You'll really enjoy it!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/13/2021 at 8:46 PM, priest17 said:

Watched Seinfeld through again, I love the show but it's a waste of time watching it because no one else has bloody watched it.

Ive watched it through many times- one of my favourite comedies! George always cracks me up😂

It’s hard to introduce people to because the first few series are bit iffy

Edited by Mr.Tease

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass said:

Enjoyed the first few episodes of Wandavision. Pretty obvious where it’s all going but I’m enjoying the sitcom aesthetic each episode.

18 minutes ago, John the Moth said:

WandaVision is great.

Also, just started The Stand, perfect for a pandemic that. 😷 

Genuine question, how have you found all the subtle nods to Marvelverse stuff?

I have always been a bit of a nerd, but I'm convinced there's stuff in it that people won't pick up on unless they've read the comics. 

Edited by vintagelaureate

3 minutes ago, vintagelaureate said:

I have always been a bit of a nerd, but I'm convinced there's stuff in it that people won't pick up on unless they've read the comics. 

I used to read the comics, now I’ll pick up the odd collected edition here and there. So I’ve probably missed as many things as I’ve picked up on.

However, I don’t think it’s necessary to have that depth of knowledge, there’s obviously that little ‘whoop’ moment when you spot something, but the show stands up in its own right.

My friend found a lot of it go over his head and wasn't into it at all, but I thought it was very cleverly done. I had to explain who Agnes is, SWORD etc. 

I haven't watched this week's episode yet though.

On another note, I've been randomly watching 60 Days In on Netflix. It's about people who volunteer to go into prison as part of some trial. Madness!

Edited by vintagelaureate

1 hour ago, vintagelaureate said:

I know my way around Marvel lore, but wouldn’t say I’m an obsessive. Have picked up a few bits, like the nods in each of the commercials.

On 1/13/2021 at 8:46 PM, priest17 said:

Watched Seinfeld through again, I love the show but it's a waste of time watching it because no one else has bloody watched it.

I have. And it's the greatest comedy of all time. Shame about the last couple of series when Larry David wasn't involved which spoiled the legacy a bit.