What telly progs are you bingeing on?

Ayrshire Chris

17 hours ago, parsonjack said:

Currently binging The Serpent on iPlayer......5 episodes in of 8 and we're really hooked.  Based on the real life hunt for Charles Sobrahj who robbed and murdered across the hippie trail in the 1970's.   Great period detail and style filmed and set in Bangkok and Kathmandu.

Oh yeah, and Jenna Coleman totally rocking a succession of 70's shades.

Just blitzed the last 3 episodes of this.  If you've watched Ep1 and found it slow I'd advise you stick with it.

Incredible story I had no knowledge of prior to this.

On 1/3/2021 at 12:59 AM, parsonjack said:

Currently binging The Serpent on iPlayer......5 episodes in of 8 and we're really hooked.  Based on the real life hunt for Charles Sobrahj who robbed and murdered across the hippie trail in the 1970's.   Great period detail and style filmed and set in Bangkok and Kathmandu.

Oh yeah, and Jenna Coleman totally rocking a succession of 70's shades.

Loving this. Pretty dark, although arguably light relief to life under Johnson in 2020/21.

Really excited to read that there is new Adam Curtis coming.  I binged his entire back catalogue some time around July, Century of the self is a masterpiece.  I'm gutted that I never got to see the Massive attack show that was around before the pandemic that he did the visuals for.

6 minutes ago, Spindles said:

Really excited to read that there is new Adam Curtis coming.  I binged his entire back catalogue some time around July, Century of the self is a masterpiece.  I'm gutted that I never got to see the Massive attack show that was around before the pandemic that he did the visuals for.

I saw that massive attack thing at manc intl fest...it was ok...but, I don't know...didn't really work that well. You had a lot of people there all ready for a gig, and most of the time they were just standing round watching screens and it was just kind of weird. I agree about Century of the Self though, brilliant, so interested in this new stuff.

7 minutes ago, Spindles said:

This post tells the extraordinary story of how, in the year 2020, a man from an online festival forum started to wish he'd attended a certain event - and how that might have made everything OK and started to make him feel happy.

Just now, steviewevie said:

didn't really work that well. 

But he has wrong.

What happened that day on eFestivals marked a radical shift in power that would go on to influence Western politics for the next 15 years.

I started Lucifer at the start of the year as I have never seen it and my sister-in-law loves it. I'll keep watching but so far don't love it like she does. She describes it as her Buffy replacement. I get the comparison but don't think it's as good so far. 

I spent most of last night binge watching CNN. 

I'm on episode 3 of The Stand. It's not bowling me over so far. I don't remember that much about the previous mini series apart from being pretty terrified, but aside from a jump scare here and there this remake isn't doing it for me. The structure isn't helping either, jumping back and forth all over the place.

I'll stick with it but I'm preparing for disappointment. 

3 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

I'm on episode 3 of The Stand. It's not bowling me over so far. I don't remember that much about the previous mini series apart from being pretty terrified, but aside from a jump scare here and there this remake isn't doing it for me. The structure isn't helping either, jumping back and forth all over the place.

I'll stick with it but I'm preparing for disappointment. 

I was pretty excited when this was announced but the moment I saw the trailer I knew it was gonna be pretty trash. I might get round to it sometime, but I’ve not heard good things at all.

41 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

I started Lucifer at the start of the year as I have never seen it and my sister-in-law loves it. I'll keep watching but so far don't love it like she does. She describes it as her Buffy replacement. I get the comparison but don't think it's as good so far. 

It's okay, it's really just another cop procedural. It get's a bit (but not by much) better later on but I was disappointed as it's based on a Neil Gaiman comic but it's not really Neil Gaimanish like how Good Omens or American Gods are.

I'm currently watching Cobra Kai, after scoffing at how it sounds stupid (the bad guy from The Karate Kid is a middle-aged drunk and anti-pc so he sets up a new Dojo to teach the kids his way of doing things lol) is actually quite good.

Edited by jump

14 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

My wife loves it because Tom Ellis has his shirt off for much of it.

22 minutes ago, jump said:

It's okay, it's really just another cop procedural. It get's a bit (but not by much) better later on but I was disappointed as it's based on a Neil Gaiman comic but it's not really Neil Gaimanish like how Good Omens or American Gods are.

I'm currently watching Cobra Kai, after scoffing at how it sounds stupid (the bad guy from The Karate Kid is a middle-aged drunk and anti-pc so he sets up a new Dojo to teach him kids his way of doing things lol) is actually quite good.

I really enjoyed Cobra Kai. It's daft and a bit rubbish, and everyone involved knows it is (particularly the adults), but they play it completely straight. That's what makes it

35 minutes ago, jump said:

I'm currently watching Cobra Kai, after scoffing at how it sounds stupid (the bad guy from The Karate Kid is a middle-aged drunk and anti-pc so he sets up a new Dojo to teach him kids his way of doing things lol) is actually quite good.

Yes it does seem a bit formulaic but holding my interest enough to keep watching for now. 

I've watched Cobra Kai and yep that was better than expected. I suppose a lot is down to expectations going in!