What telly progs are you bingeing on?

Ayrshire Chris

On 1/7/2021 at 1:48 PM, FloorFiller said:

I was pretty excited when this was announced but the moment I saw the trailer I knew it was gonna be pretty trash. I might get round to it sometime, but I’ve not heard good things at all.

Just watched episode 4, it was actually a big improvement. Less hopping around timeline wise and some good story progression. Still not convinced I'll be recommending up come the end but it was an upturn enough to convince me to stick with it to the end. 

1 hour ago, Mr.Tease said:

Not a tv show, but I've been watching these restored videos from long ago- it's weird how high grade they are! They have a lot of cities from all over the world

They are fascinating. Have a look at this account on  Twitter as well. He restores old photos with some amazing results.

• Upvote 2

On 1/7/2021 at 12:44 PM, SwedgeAntilles said:

I'm on episode 3 of The Stand. It's not bowling me over so far. I don't remember that much about the previous mini series apart from being pretty terrified, but aside from a jump scare here and there this remake isn't doing it for me. The structure isn't helping either, jumping back and forth all over the place.

I'll stick with it but I'm preparing for disappointment. 

Where can I watch this? The Stand is one of my favourite books so keen to see how it translates onto the screen

8 minutes ago, Baggins7 said:

Where can I watch this? The Stand is one of my favourite books so keen to see how it translates onto the screen

I wanted to watch it too, but unfortunately I think it's on some weird channel called starzplay or something, and I think you have to subscribe to it in top of amazon prime TV subscription or something. Both have free trials though, so if you wait til all eps have been on then do a free trial you might save some money. 

I liked the original TV movie (well I saw it on VHS) as a kid! 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mr.Tease said:

I wanted to watch it too, but unfortunately I think it's on some weird channel called starzplay or something, and I think you have to subscribe to it in top of amazon prime TV subscription or something. Both have free trials though, so if you wait til all eps have been on then do a free trial you might save some money. 

I liked the original TV movie (well I saw it on VHS) as a kid! 

Thanks! Yeah good thinking, free trial and binge watch. I find Stephen King translates very well or very badly into films but more good than bad so always worth a go

1 hour ago, Baggins7 said:

Thanks! Yeah good thinking, free trial and binge watch. I find Stephen King translates very well or very badly into films but more good than bad so always worth a go

I loved the original .......didn't know there was a remake out now.

Just seems a bit close to home at the moment as it's based on a population struggling post virus and a madman leader holed up in a bunker in the USA orchestrating a fight between good and evil.

Not quite so far fetched now.......:)

• Like 1

On 1/9/2021 at 8:27 PM, Baggins7 said:

Ironically the film Stephen King did direct himself Maximum Overdrive is fuckin awful and is filled with a campy tone completely unlike his books.

On the topic of King, Doctor Sleep the sequel to the Shinning is really good. I'm surprised how much I enjoyed it so I looked up the director Mike Flanagan who turns out has made some of my favorite modern horrors like Oculus, Before I Wake and Gerald's Game.

1 hour ago, oneeye said:

Binged watched Staged series 1 and 2 on iplayer over the weekend; very funny 15 min episodes (I thought anyway). Worth checking out.

Yes I very much enjoyed this. 

I've been watching This is Us on Amazon Prime as well. Very different quite emotional but I like it as well. 

When the first proper lockdown started last year and EVERYONE was staying at home, I had to drive up the dual carriageway main road to the supermarket.

Random shuffle on my phone started playing Don't Fear The Reaper. Road was completely empty. Gave me full on Stand vibes from that early scene. Really freaky.

9 hours ago, Ozanne said:

I’m tempted to get into The Expanse, anyone watched it?

Ive just started season 2- I did find it difficult to concentrate/take everything in on the first season, not sure if it’s me or the show that’s quite complex! I’m usually good at following difficult shows. I’m enjoying it though- just a bit worried I’m not appreciating it fully/ things are going over my head! Do let us know how you find it

I loved the first series of Mr Robot, I hear series 2 is meant to be a bit disappointing but hopefully it picks up again after that. 

Also still enjoying the Marvel series on Netflix- Daredevil, Punisher, Jessica Jones, Luke cage- all very enjoyable