What telly progs are you bingeing on?

Ayrshire Chris

6 hours ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Started Devs yesterday evening, wasn’t entirely sure what all the fuss was about and then suddenly it was 2am and I’d watched 6 episodes.

Only one very slight issue for me... with that hair and beard I keep half expecting Nick Offermans character to morph into Zak Galifiankis

Watched all of them yesterday and whilst it's not a bad prog, I didn't think it was that great given the hype but it was a decent watch...

For people who liked Devs I recommend Altered Carbon, 2 seasons so far and is really good

1 hour ago, shoptildrop said:

Watched all of them yesterday and whilst it's not a bad prog, I didn't think it was that great given the hype but it was a decent watch...

For people who liked Devs I recommend Altered Carbon, 2 seasons so far and is really good

I’d agree I wasn’t blown away, yet I somehow watched 6 episodes in a row which is unusual for me. There was something about it I liked anyway.

On 5/1/2020 at 10:12 PM, Bisque said:

@Mr.Tease just up to the episode with them finding the hatch & incest.

Ha! Those two were the only characters I didn’t like in the first series when I first watched it, though she is actually a good actress in Fear the Walking dead- took me a year to realise it was the same person😂

I’ve just finished series 3! Some real ropey episodes, but got back on track in the 2nd half. Also once you’ve finished s3, let me know what you thought of Paulo and Nikki, because they were hated at the time (and since!), and I remember despising them, but on rewatch, they didn’t really do anything and had next to no screen time or dialogue. I didn’t like them, but I’m now confused why they were so despised so quickly.

If you listen to podcasts, ‘The Lost Boys’ is pretty good at reviewing the eps.

38 minutes ago, Mr.Tease said:

If you listen to podcasts, ‘The Lost Boys’ is pretty good at reviewing the eps.

I’m big into podcasts so thank you.

Currently now on S2 E3, finally Desmond is on. I remember very well the Paulo & Nicky episode, I don’t remember it being terrible but I do remember it being panned.

So far I have realised rewatching... Boone was never really a major character, his sister is horrible and WHY do none of the characters reveal even trivial things about their backgrounds that would in the long term build rapport with other islanders. Hurley & Swayer especially.

They’ve just started watching the Dharma video, this I think is where it gets more LOST.

1 hour ago, Mr.Tease said:

Also once you’ve finished s3, let me know what you thought of Paulo and Nikki, because they were hated at the time (and since!), and I remember despising them, but on rewatch, they didn’t really do anything and had next to no screen time or dialogue. I didn’t like them, but I’m now confused why they were so despised so quickly.

On rewatch they were just poorly serviced characters, enjoyed them more second time round. Rodrigo Santoro (Paolo) is great in everything else he does, especially Westworld. 

4 hours ago, fred quimby said:

Midnight Gospel - loving it. Proper out there tv. Really hard to keep track of the speaking what they are saying with all the crazy animation going on all around. Genius

Yeah I really loved it as well. Im planning to rewatch it again after eating some fungus chocolates. I might skip the last episode as it was too profound for me while sober. 

Beginning to find that I can’t be arsed with the telly either live or box sets etc. Probably something to do with the good weather we are having

as they used to say in the good old days of interruptions to broadcasts, normal service will be resumed as soon as possible, or in my case when it starts pissing down! 

8 hours ago, MetaKate said:

Yeah I really loved it as well. Im planning to rewatch it again after eating some fungus chocolates. I might skip the last episode as it was too profound for me while sober. 

Yep, reckon I will re-watch with some of my Glastonbury supplies. Watched a few like that already

1 hour ago, Bisque said:

@Mr.Tease I do not remember Charlie getting punched so often.

😂 To be fair, I didn't remember him being such a tosser- he kind of deserved it most of the time! They absolutely massacred his character in the second series, then repaired it in the 3rd

33 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Talking of Saul (well, we were a few days ago), does anyone listen to the Insider Podcast? I'm not in the film making business, but if I was, this podcast would be an absolute goldmine.  It's absolutely fascinating.

I haven't heard all of them, but when they do something particularly awe inspiring I check it out. With the ants a few episodes ago I knew they wouldn't have used CG as it's not really their style but had to know how they did it, it did not disappoint.

Im watching normal people ... think there are quite a few bits I feel I can relate to minus the passion ... don’t normally watch series like this as my attention span is not always the greatest but this one seems to have got me . Think it was mentioned a page or two back ... might try a few more recommendations over the last 5 or 6 weeks ... I find I like to be able to listen whilst I’m doing some doodling :) 

5 hours ago, Mr.Tease said:

😂 To be fair, I didn't remember him being such a tosser- he kind of deserved it most of the time! They absolutely massacred his character in the second series, then repaired it in the 3rd

I’m glad I am rewatching it, most of the characters I thought we half decent people really aren’t. I hated Mr. Ecko first time. Where the f**k does Desmond go for most of season 2?

11 hours ago, Slugworth said:

Gangs of London is amazing! Binged the whole thing yesterday 

Same, watched the entire thing yesterday. I’d heard it was a bit OTT and after the first fight scene at the pub, it seemed a bit like a karate film and didn’t seem to fit right. But after that the over the top style and brutality of it actually seemed to fit very well to me

13 minutes ago, northernringo said:

Any good music documentaries?

I watched Devil at the Crossroads on Netflix over the weekend and thought it was great. Have started Rolling Thunder Revue: A Bob Dyaln Story now too.

Not really a huge Oasis fan but enjoyed the doc on Netflix. There is a Stones one and a Keef one on there too FYI.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, northernringo said:

I watched Devil at the Crossroads on Netflix over the weekend and thought it was great. Have started Rolling Thunder Revue: A Bob Dyaln Story now too.

If you're on Netflix the History of the Eagles documentary is brilliant.  I like the band but not necessarily a massive fan, but as an end to end look at the band it's really good.

If you can find it the REM by MTV documentary is really, really good.

Ditto the Ken Burns 8 part series on country music.  Again, not a genre I'm really interested in, but I love his documentary style and it's genuinely fascinating.

Agony and the Ecstasy on Sky Arts about the growth of rave & dance culture is worth a watch.

Joe Strummer: The Future Is Unwritten was great.

It's not on iPlayer at the moment, but keep an eye open for Music For Misfits: The Story of Indie (growth of the punk and post-punk indie scene), Synth Britannia (growth of UK electronica), Reggae Fever: David Rodigan (DR's career) and Chas & Dave: Last Orders.

I'll check out the two you've mentioned. I feckin love me a music documentary. BBC4 on a Friday night with pizza, beer and a smoke is my quiet heaven.

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, northernringo said:

The Nina Simone one on Netflix is good. Also loved The Black Godfather, The Sam Cooke One and the Quincy Jones one if it's still available. Sorry I am really terrible with names so hope you can find them all. 

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, northernringo said:

I recently watched The Ramones documentary End Of The Century, recommend that one. Even if you don't like the band its quite a story.

• Upvote 1