What telly progs are you bingeing on?

Ayrshire Chris

2 hours ago, northernringo said:

I also gave up on Bojack first time I tried watching it. Nearly finished S3 now and it is fantastic.

It took me many tries to get into Bojack. By season 3 you realize it's one of the best things on TV. Fish out of water episode specifically. 

Proper art on TV

• Upvote 2

On 4/17/2020 at 8:49 PM, Calvin Klein said:

Count me in on loving Better Call Saul. 

In contrast, I'm also watching Ozark and it's quite shit I think. I guess expectations are high after watching BCS. 

I loved Ozark it totally wasn't what I thought it would be it was so much better seasons 1 and 2 are great then season 3 has a lot of Laura Linney in it but great stories and the way it comes together in the end I had to pick my jaw up from the floor.

Currently watching Bloodline it's slow so hubs has now signed off on it but I'm going to persevere I'm curious to know how everything fits together.

Started watching Dark too, once you get passed the awful dubbing it gets better. 

If you like Stephen King then try and catch Castle Rock he's a producer I think and there are a lot of references to places and characters from his books. Bill Skarsgard is great in the first season and Lizzy Caplan plays a cracking early version of Annie Wilkes in the second. Definitely worth a watch.

Edited by CrunchyFrog

I've just finished all of Save Me and Save Me Too. You've probably seen the ads, but it's about an alcoholic man who takes it on himself to find his estranged daughter when she's the victim of a kidnapping. It's Lewisham Noir, with the protagonist bearing the physical scars (from a post closing time hiding) and a superheroic clothing (a yellow puffa jacket belonging to the ex of his mistress) consistent with the genre. Really recommend it.

There's a comedy on Now TV called Corporate. Doesn't seem to garner any press inches, but it's the best comedy since Search Party. Lance Reddick plays an almagamation of his prior roles to near parody as the steel eyed and iron jawed boss of an Apple esque tech company. Slightly absurd and satirical, more Office Space than The Office. 2 seasons are on there until the end of May (i think. maybe june)

i woke up in the middle of the night last Friday and so sat through the complete Brittania 2.... after watching season 1 over the previous week..

The double act that is Divis and Cait is sensational..

if the insomnia strikes again tonight i will have a go with Save Me... (thanks for the review @Padjeq)

My go-to watch at the moment has been Taskmaster. Not sure if it’s been brought up yet (probably - cba checking) but despite my uncertainty surrounding it due to it having a lot of shite comedians on it, it’s very funny. Just a bunch of people getting given silly tasks to do and their approaches to each task being amusing. Never seen it before but quickly getting through it as it’s highly addictive and easy to watch.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

My go-to watch at the moment has been Taskmaster. Not sure if it’s been brought up yet (probably - cba checking) but despite my uncertainty surrounding it due to it having a lot of shite comedians on it, it’s very funny. Just a bunch of people getting given silly tasks to do and their approaches to each task being amusing. Never seen it before but quickly getting through it as it’s highly addictive and easy to watch.

Apart from season 8 I’ve found Taskmaster to be excellent. Most of the comedians I have seen live & are in real life friends from gigging which I think adds to the fun.

Josh W, Rob Beckett, Nish, Rhod (mad) & Sally have been my favourites but many others up there. And Bob Mortimor is just amazing. Season 5 must be my favourite, season 8 least favourite but the hiding in the train depot was class.

There is even a Taskonbury task...

Edited by Bisque

5 hours ago, Billjames7 said:

This weekend I will be mostly watching afterlife 2 and making a start on the last dance. Only really started following NBA couple of years ago so looking forward to watching the history of the Chicago bulls 

The Last Dance started up quite nice. Not too much new information for people who follow the NBA closely. I've been a fan since the start of the 90s and there's nothing new so far,  but the 98 season footage is pretty awesome. It would have been nice to have Krause alive so he can give his point of view though.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

The first time I'd ever heard of Taskmaster, I was in the audience for it. It was to a season 4 episode which actually had some of the more simpler tasks, save for a team task that provoked absolute mayhem. That was quite an introduction.

I'd not heard of it before but my brother had watched all of it to that point and had a spare ticket to a taping, and as I was available, I went along. It was brilliant, so from that point it was a go-to. Its a great show. I've been in the crowd for 3 of them and they've all been pretty fantastic times. I'm just hoping it'll have the same charm when it moves to Channel 4, which it is meant to later this year but I'm not sure how much filming of the new series they did pre-lockdown.

15 hours ago, HeyPorter said:

Rewatching Curb again from the beginning, just finished The Doll and it still remains the finest episode of the bunch. 

I'm currently watching it for the first time. The double header of The Doll and Shaq was amazing.

On 4/23/2020 at 1:29 PM, Calvin Klein said:

It took me many tries to get into Bojack. By season 3 you realize it's one of the best things on TV. Fish out of water episode specifically. 

Proper art on TV

I was genuinely caught out by the scene change partway through season 1. I was engaged enough with the fairly shallow satire of the first half of the season, but the more dramatic and more emotional turns genuinely caught me by surprise at first. But yeah, as it got on, it just got more confident and well-rounded. Its pretty dope.

19 hours ago, circus92 said:

Going through Father Ted again - watching a few episodes every week and even though I know them inside out, I just cant help laughing - hilarious stuff

I ended up joining a Father Ted meme group on Facebook. Some of them are pretty remarkable.

Maybe I should go back on 4OD and give the originals a watch. It has been a while. But then I'm juggling about 6/7 things at once, so maybe when those have receded.

Just finished Better Call Saul last night - incredible last few episodes!  Lalo is some guy - he has to be one of my favourite baddies ever.

Maybe its the fact I watched Breaking Bad many years ago so have forgotten it a bit, but I am know starting to think Better Call Saul is even better (and that is high praise indeed).

Edited by circus92