When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

Is it just me or does this make no sense at all and just sow further confusion? It's not illegal, but you can't go? This is like in March 2020, when they wouldn't shut the pubs but advised people not to to go to pubs. Bizarre.

He wants "absolute clarity" on whether people can go on holiday to amber list countries even when it is no longer illegal to do so.

Hancock gives the clarity Hunt asked for, saying "the answer is no".

"The official government advice is very clear," he adds, which is that people should not travel to amber or red list countries or territories.

People should not go to amber list countries for a holiday - and should not travel to non-green list countries and territories at all unless they have an exceptional reason, he says.

4 minutes ago, Copperface said:

Is it just me or does this make no sense at all and just sow further confusion? It's not illegal, but you can't go? This is like in March 2020, when they wouldn't shut the pubs but advised people not to to go to pubs. Bizarre.

He wants "absolute clarity" on whether people can go on holiday to amber list countries even when it is no longer illegal to do so.

"The official government advice is very clear," he adds, which is that people should not travel to amber or red list countries or territories.

People should not go to amber list countries for a holiday - and should not travel to non-green list countries and territories at all unless they have an exceptional reason, he says.

Well its not that confusing. You shouldn't go for a holiday, but just for an urgent business or family reason. 

2 minutes ago, Copperface said:

do go, but don't go.

5 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Well its not that confusing. You shouldn't go for a holiday, but just for an urgent business or family reason. 

It's advice, not a legal requirement.

59 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

I can’t be the only one a bit dubious about the ‘Indian variant is more transmissible’ line. Not so long ago we were told the Kent variant was more deadly. Then suddenly it isn’t anymore it’s just the same as the original strain. Is it not just a case of it’s too early to tell.

I don’t want to sound like some conspiracy theory mad man but news of these ‘more transmittable/deadly’ variants always seems to surface around the time of restrictions loosening and at this point I think it’s planned to stop people taking the piss too much and still keeping a sense of caution when enjoying the new relaxations. 

9 minutes ago, st dan said:

8854EDD8-DD89-4BB0-B446-B18B8D62B197.thumb.jpeg.1edc83039ae9590a7949b4b55827b47a.jpeg

Sky News up to their tricks again. I think they should do a separate inquiry into how major news outlets conduct themselves during a pandemic once this is all over. 

Sky News and the Guardian especially have been appalling.....

6 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

🥴

If that's the worry then we could get rid of that variant by reversing the easing now (should've announced that Friday) and focusing on vaccination and localised testing  instead of letting it spread further and indoors. It'll be too late by the time we know for sure

3 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Sounds like two sets of different briefings.

Business minister this morning is all gung ho for easing

Whoever is briefing peston (Hancock or Gove?) Wants us locked up longer.

At the No 10 briefing earlier today the spokesperson wouldn't endorse the comments made by Kwasi Kwarteng that it was “very likely” that all restrictions for England would be lifted on 21 June. So it doesn't appear to be what you say it might be.

Besides we aren't 'locked up' anymore we can do loads of things now.

7 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

interesting stuff ... its weird how some people are huggers and some not .... pre pandemic how is it inbuilt into us .... Im very hug obverse but my brother is the complete  opposite ..... I dont mind a decent handshake though ... 

4 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

She's spreading quicker than the virus 

First time I’ve watched her, don’t know how I’ve managed to avoid her on tv till now but why does she weirdly keep laughing to herself while she’s talking, does she always do that?

7 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

She's spreading quicker than the virus 

Bonkers how they’re using the South West as an example with a graph which looks really scary but doesn’t actually show number of cases which (without checking) are the lowest in the country 😂