When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

8 minutes ago, Stretlow said:

I don't think its forced vaccination, they cant pin you down and Jab you but whether you're against it or don't agree you then cant complain if you are refused entry to private places /  events.

I did view this like you for a little while but am happy to change my mind. People not having the vaccine are increasing the risks, however small and this is the only way to mitigate that.

Fair enough. Note that I said i will take it but have no interest in using their system to get in places. I'll use a testing option as long as its available but if it gets rolled out more widely and the testing option gets removed I feel so strongly about where a health pass could end up then I'm out. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, efcfanwirral said:

Fair enough. Note that I said i will take it but have no interest in using their system to get in places. I'll use a testing option as long as its available but if it gets rolled out more widely and the testing option gets removed I feel so strongly about where a health pass could end up then I'm out. 

Na i get that mate? Are you having a jab?

1 minute ago, efcfanwirral said:

Yeah as it protects others.  Terrified of it due to autoimmune issues in the family but just have to see what happens 

Ahh, Yeah its def a diffcult one if you might be prone to something like that.

Good luck with it all..

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Stretlow said:

Ahh, Yeah its def a diffcult one if you might be prone to something like that.

Good luck with it all..

Thanks! I'm 100% not taking AZ even if guidance changes back because the exact thing its rarely causing happened to my mum, and as there's no test for susceptibility to that it's probably best not to go there, so at least I feel like I've got a bit of control over the situation now there's a choice 

Edited by efcfanwirral

Just now, Stretlow said:

Just tried it and it just brings up a big list of random text / code

ive no issue ... I had the app already for reordering prescriptions and various other medical stuff on there .... Id rather an NHS based app than something that ends up with a shed load more money going back into the pockets of tory friends 

1 minute ago, crazyfool1 said:

ive no issue ... I had the app already for reordering prescriptions and various other medical stuff on there .... Id rather an NHS based app than something that ends up with a shed load more money going back into the pockets of tory friends 

I've got to say I'm very surprised this is how it's turned out. I reckon they tried but couldn't get it done in time. Worth looking at the contracts to see if one was quietly awarded - the money would still have been washed whether they delivered or not...

7 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

Thanks! I'm 100% not taking AZ even if guidance changes back because the exact thing its rarely causing happened to my mum, and as there's no test for susceptibility to that it's probably best not to go there, so at least I feel like I've got a bit of control over the situation now there's a choice 

I dont think you will get it now, I was def the same everyone i know that had that got poorly and i wasnt comfortable with it.

When i got a call last week saying a place near us was taking walk ins and it was Pfizer i was down there like a shot.

Me, my wife, mum and dad and sister and boyfriend all had Pfizer now and had nothing more than a sore arm and a headache between us

Edited by Stretlow

I can’t be the only one a bit dubious about the ‘Indian variant is more transmissible’ line. Not so long ago we were told the Kent variant was more deadly. Then suddenly it isn’t anymore it’s just the same as the original strain. Is it not just a case of it’s too early to tell.

25 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Just read the T&C's and Privacy Policy for it, looks like it should be ok, depends who NHSX and NHS Digital are being operated by 😉

8 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

I can’t be the only one a bit dubious about the ‘Indian variant is more transmissible’ line. Not so long ago we were told the Kent variant was more deadly. Then suddenly it isn’t anymore it’s just the same as the original strain. Is it not just a case of it’s too early to tell.

If we’re in the same position as we are now this time next week I will be scratching my head I must admit.

Meanwhile:

32 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

I've only used the NHS app for a few months and it's pretty good with being able to re-order prescriptions etc.

7 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

If we’re in the same position as we are now this time next week I will be scratching my head I must admit.

Meanwhile:

This next 2 weeks will show where we are heading. If no significant uplift then we're home and dry I'd say

I just hope that they're willing to act fast short term if things are going badly the wrong way to avoid longer term measures 

7 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

This next 2 weeks will show where we are heading. If no significant uplift then we're home and dry I'd say

I just hope that they're willing to act fast short term if things are going badly the wrong way to avoid longer term measures 

Unless there is a massive uplift on deaths, I don't think today's stuff will be reversed. June 21st stuff remains in the balance 

1 minute ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I still don't think the vaccination certificate will be used for anything except foreign travel. But we will see.

I would download the app but I've got not space on my phone! Ha. Will try to clear some before I need it.

Im not sure it will be enforcable in pubs but large music venus and festivals, an absolutle possibilty. Likely though will be a mixure of that and tests.

9 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Sick of this NHS app thing. Just continuously looking at a rotating circle thing. Might try again when there isn't a pandemic on.

I just got straight in, no delay. Restart the phone and clear the cache, that might solve it.