When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

5 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

One more- fair to say these journalists/newspapers are rather hypocritical if they campaign about mental health 

Not as bad as that terrible guardian article with weirdos who've been double jabbed saying its not safe even with 2 Jabs

It seems like the more we're progressing, the greater the levels of contradictory information that's being published. Sensationalism on both sides of the argument, as always the reality is probably somewhere in the middle...but we're not encouraged to keep a balanced view, are we? It's either unrealistic optimism or irrational despondency 

4 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

It seems like the more we're progressing, the greater the levels of contradictory information that's being published. Sensationalism on both sides of the argument, as always the reality is probably somewhere in the middle...but we're not encouraged to keep a balanced view, are we? It's either unrealistic optimism or irrational despondency 

Tbh I think the govt has the right tone so far. We will crack on with the next stage but will keep a careful eye on things.

8 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Yeah, the media have spent the last three weeks saying ‘Why are we waiting until May 17th? Let’s move to the next stage now’ but as May the 17th started to become close, they went the other way and started sensationalising the Indian variant to spread negativity.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, rivalschools.price said:

Yeah, the media have spent the last three weeks saying ‘Why are we waiting until May 17th? Let’s move to the next stage now’ but as May the 17th started to become close, they went the other way and started sensationalising the Indian variant to spread negativity.

It makes my head spin, even as someone who tries to avoid the news as much as practicable. I can only imagine what it must do to people with even low levels of anxiety, constantly absorbing as much information as possible

9 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

It makes my head spin, even as someone who tries to avoid the news as much as practicable. I can only imagine what it must do to people with even low levels of anxiety, constantly absorbing as much information as possible

Completely agree, add in the mix of scientists all vying for the columns/airtime (Pagel, Ferguson, Sridhar) and it all becomes very much too many chefs in the kitchen and not quite knowing who or what to believe. Personally I'm remaining cautiously optimistic that the postive signs of improvement are there and hopefully come the summer we'll be in the best position possible to ease further/completely

Edited by Chapple12345

St John Ambulance telling us that they did 3,000 vaccinations at one site on Sunday. There's at least three non GP at John sites in the town. 

Definitely progressing quickly up there, and in other parts of GM actually. I know of two places run by St John vaccinating walk ins of any age.

6 hours ago, zahidf said:

Not as bad as that terrible guardian article with weirdos who've been double jabbed saying its not safe even with 2 Jabs

I was wondering if these stories had started to do the rounds in the UK yet. They've already been through the news cycle in Singapore and Australia. I'd assumed it was because of the low case numbers where every case is still given almost individual attention. I'd assumed the relative low vaccine hesitancy in the UK may mean it wasn't worth the click-bait story, whereas Australia are now trying to hide behind it as the reason to keep borders shut till mid next year.

3 hours ago, Leyrulion said:

St John Ambulance telling us that they did 3,000 vaccinations at one site on Sunday. There's at least three non GP at John sites in the town. 

Definitely progressing quickly up there, and in other parts of GM actually. I know of two places run by St John vaccinating walk ins of any age.

Apologies if misinterpreted, but are you saying there’s places in Greater Manchester doing walk ins for all ages? 

This has to be positive news right? Reports in Israel from Apr 29th regarding the Indian variant and dozens of cases of it being there yet they had only 1 new case yesterday of any sort. Vaccines doing their bit!

57 minutes ago, TheFullShaboo said:

Apologies if misinterpreted, but are you saying there’s places in Greater Manchester doing walk ins for all ages? 

I saw on the news last week that some Pharmacies were doing walks in for anyone 18 and over. They had about 100 doses spare so we’re doing this off their own initiative. 

8 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Are there advantages to going into the office? I can't see anything in the legislation that suggests you should go in tomorrow, just because it's allowed to sit in a pub.

You've been jabbed though, haven't you?

Only advantage is talking to colleagues in person, although that can be a disadvantage too. My boss actually said I can play it by ear to a certain extent as I do a cycle commute, and maybe he knows I'm not happy about it and knows I brought it up with HR in the past, and he also knows I have had issues with my kid in the past which has meant I had to stay home, and maybe because no one likes me. He is only saying those who have had a jab should return, which I think is everyone except one. So, I'll probably go in about 3 days a week from now on. 

2 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Only advantage is talking to colleagues in person, although that can be a disadvantage too. My boss actually said I can play it by ear to a certain extent as I do a cycle commute, and maybe he knows I'm not happy about it and knows I brought it up with HR in the past, and he also knows I have had issues with my kid in the past which has meant I had to stay home, and maybe because no one likes me. He is only saying those who have had a jab should return, which I think is everyone except one. So, I'll probably go in about 3 days a week from now on. 

I hope it works out you and you find a system you get on with!

Just now, Ozanne said:

I hope it works out you and you find a system you get on with!

Yeah, I'm ok with it..I do prefer working from home, but what can you do. So, I'll try and keep it at about half the week I'm in the office, that's kind of what I was doing pre-pandemic. Won't go in tomorrow as I'm getting 2nd jab at lunchtime near where I live, and we'll see the next day...those side effects might keep me at home too 😉 And then I have 3 days booked off to go visit my mum!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

Today I have the impossible task of getting a NHS GP to see my poorly daughter.

It seems that is a pre-pandemic thing 

Best wishes with that, I hope she's ok.

I also hope that your response time is better than the nine days I had to wait for a (telephone) appointment that I had to submit photographs (of the potentially very serious issue) for in advance. I really hope we're not setting a precedent for future GP appointments. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, TheFullShaboo said:

This isnt limited to Bolton either, I walked in to the Irish Centre in Cheetham Hill last Tuesday, was in and out in 40 minutes

3 minutes ago, TheFullShaboo said:

Without having to book? And is this for anyone over 18? 

Yes, they were actively encouraging people to contact friends and relatives, was due anyway as im 39 however my younger sister and her boyfriend both went and received one no problem

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Stretlow said:

Yes, they were actively encouraging people to contact friends and relatives, was due anyway as im 39 however my younger sister and her boyfriend both went and received one no problem

Ahh fantastic. Strangely enough my girlfriends got to go there next week so I’ll join and chance my luck.

Thanks 

Edited by TheFullShaboo
Typo