When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

15 minutes ago, Oboy82 said:

Have to assume they are ramping up vaccination programme.  If the manufacturers themselves are coming out to say this is the reason we can't export.

They're not using their full vaccination capacity.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/mar/17/why-covid-vaccine-home-produced-india-russia-china-slow-start?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other

4 hours ago, JoeyT said:

I've been thinking and i'm not sure if any others feel like this but given this vaccine passport (or whatever guise it takes) is likely to be required in order to go on holiday this summer it's beginning to feel like a massive kick in the nuts for all of those under 50 who have gone through 3 lockdowns and have been hit hardest in terms of unemployment / redundancies.

We've locked down to protect the vulnerable yet those cheeky bastards will likely be first on the planes to enjoy the fruits of nearly an entire year of some form of lockdown.

Just doesn't add up.

I’m not saying the government have sorted out their core voter base with vaccines but...

7 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

why does my ignore function seem to have momentary failures ? 😞 

Mine does this too. Must say it makes this thread much more enjoyable to read though! 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

10 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Why isn't everyone going apeshit over India blocking the export of vaccines to the UK?

Because it's not the EU so they can't use it to make a political point?

Although I'm pretty sure India has at least as much of a reason to hate us as Europe does.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

If the 5 million doses that India are delaying will ultimately save ‘x thousand’ number of lives there then I have no issue with all of this. 
It would be morally wrong for us to take them to start vaccinating fit and healthy 30 and 40 year olds just because we want to get back to normal ASAP. 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, st dan said:

If the 5 million doses that India are delaying will ultimately save ‘x thousand’ number of lives there then I have no issue with all of this. 
It would be morally wrong for us to take them to start vaccinating fit and healthy 30 and 40 year olds just because we want to get back to normal ASAP. 

Yeah exactly this. Very hard to argue otherwise in my eyes.

The most important thing is getting the second doses to the most vulnerable. If 30 to 40s wait longer then I don't think it will make a huge difference to the roadmap. (Appreciate I can now say this being vaccinated and in my late 30s but my partner, siblings and most of my friends haven't!)

I have just done another quick calc. If we do 460k/day first doses until the end of the month, and then 0 first doses for the whole of April, we can do 400k/day 1st May onwards to have EVERY adult have their first dose on 21st June

There is no need to panic about delays, we will still have 1st doses in April - probably more than they are letting on (150k/day average) - which will mean we will have everyone first jabbed by 11th June

Edited by phimill

Cases in NI levelled out for a while (rose slightly too) but we are now down to having our 7 day rate (61.2) at its lowest since Sept 24th.

We've had P1-P3 back for nearly two weeks and then from next Monday we will have all primary school kids back.

Hopefully St Patricks Day celebrations won't have too much of an impact.

In the past 7 days, we have had 4 deaths. The 7 days before that we had 27.

Edited by northernringo