When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

2 minutes ago, Toilet Duck said:

Have to say, I agree entirely. Complete transparency is the only way to foster trust. If they ignored it and it got worse, then I think we’d be in all sorts of trouble (even if it didn’t, it provides fodder for misinformation). Based on the frequency of the events, it was unlikely to lead to abandoning the vaccine, but we are now aware of the possible risks and there’s no room for people to claim things are being hidden. This was the part I never got about the suggestion that it was playing into the hands of anti-vaxxers, if there’s nothing being hidden, then it’s a straight assessment of relative risks (and we can look for warning signs too and inform recipients to be aware of the very rare instances that this may occur). Entirely correct to be open and honest about this. 

I would agree but the headlines are 'countries suspend vaccine due to blood clot fears'. I know now that's going to be reversed, but people are going to remember the headlines and there are andecototal reports and evidence from France and Germany that people wont get vaccinated with AZN

in a perfect world, people wouldn't act like that, but those damaging headlines coming out and the suspensions are worse for the roll out. Hopefully its marginal, but i think whilst investigations were reasonable, suddenly suspending it the way they did was disproportionate in a global pandemic.

Im glad Ireland arent going to faff around anymore!

1 minute ago, zahidf said:

I would agree but the headlines are 'countries suspend vaccine due to blood clot fears'. I know now that's going to be reversed, but people are going to remember the headlines and there are andecototal reports and evidence from France and Germany that people wont get vaccinated with AZN

in a perfect world, people wouldn't act like that, but those damaging headlines coming out and the suspensions are worse for the roll out. Hopefully its marginal, but i think whilst investigations were reasonable, suddenly suspending it the way they did was disproportionate in a global pandemic.

Im glad Ireland arent going to faff around anymore!

To be fair, we haven’t been faffing around! Doses are administered as soon as we get them, no matter which vaccine it is and there’s no stockpile of unused doses lying around anywhere. People just want to get their shot and get on with life. 

i think the only way around headlines though is for regulators to ignore them and follow due process. It’s important that people are informed, but the press need to report responsibly. This was framed as something political, but the regulators/vaccination committees in various countries are anything but political. Having dealt with our regulators, they are just sticklers for detail, and that’s not a bad thing. 

4 minutes ago, Toilet Duck said:

To be fair, we haven’t been faffing around! Doses are administered as soon as we get them, no matter which vaccine it is and there’s no stockpile of unused doses lying around anywhere. People just want to get their shot and get on with life. 

i think the only way around headlines though is for regulators to ignore them and follow due process. It’s important that people are informed, but the press need to report responsibly. This was framed as something political, but the regulators/vaccination committees in various countries are anything but political. Having dealt with our regulators, they are just sticklers for detail, and that’s not a bad thing. 

ah, i wasnt saying you guys were faffing! i meant more other countries in the EU are. 

Fair enough on the regulators point, but i guess they do need to look at the information with the question of how it will effect the fight against the pandemic and find a balance. Spain suspening it for 14 days for example is bizzare to me

21 minutes ago, zahidf said:

ah, i wasnt saying you guys were faffing! i meant more other countries in the EU are. 

Fair enough on the regulators point, but i guess they do need to look at the information with the question of how it will effect the fight against the pandemic and find a balance. Spain suspening it for 14 days for example is bizzare to me

Ah I know you weren’t!

yeah, I don’t get the 2 week suspension either. Pause while investigating by all means, but when you decide it is safe to continue, crack on!

24 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Most countries will resume vaccination now. Italy and Bulgaria have already made that clear. And we can not change the vaccination plan every week, so it is important to continue to get to the goal which is here 5 Mio (so every adult) by June.

13 minutes ago, Toilet Duck said:

Ah I know you weren’t!

yeah, I don’t get the 2 week suspension either. Pause while investigating by all means, but when you decide it is safe to continue, crack on!

Yes, but they will resume earlier now. Germany and France continue tomorrow, Spain from next weeks. In Austria we haven't stopped so this problem doesn't occur, except that some parts have already vaccinated all of their AZ vaccine and are waiting for more. hope they don`t wait too long.

5 minutes ago, Hannibal Schmitt said:

Yes, but they will resume earlier now. Germany and France continue tomorrow, Spain from next weeks. In Austria we haven't stopped so this problem doesn't occur, except that some parts have already vaccinated all of their AZ vaccine and are waiting for more. hope they don`t wait too long.

That’s good to know! Thanks! (Not that Austria has run out of AZ, but that elsewhere have reevaluated when they can re-start!)...

Edited by Toilet Duck
Typo

1 hour ago, steviewevie said:

Thanks. Feeling a bit better now, still a bit of a headache, but I'm sure I'll be ok because I'm a big strong boy now.

I actually went for a little lie down after work too. Nothing major at all, just a bit headachey and feeling really wiped out. Hopefully I'll be right as rain by tomorrow.

2 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I actually went for a little lie down after work too. Nothing major at all, just a bit headachey and feeling really wiped out. Hopefully I'll be right as rain by tomorrow.

I actually feel ok now. Was just a few hours this afternoon was feeling crap. Bloke jabbing me did say side effects normally kick in 24 hours after and he was pretty much spot on.

Edited by steviewevie

1 minute ago, steviewevie said:

I actually feel ok now. Was just a few hours this afternoon was feeling crap. Bloke jabbing me did say side effects normally kick in 24 hours after and he was pretty much spot on.

you were obviously helped by being told to get over it 🙂 .... always a great way of making someone feel better ... I hear drs recommend it these days 🙂 

26 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

There's rmoutss fhat a positive test result in the past will count as one dose for some vaccine passports 

You are at it again - there are no such words as 'moutss' or 'fhat' in the English language. I put it to you that the balance of your mind is disturbed! 

Oh, and yes, yes I do understand irony. lol