When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

23 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Putting my hand up here. I know this woman personally. I find it really strange when I see her on tv because she’s nothing like she is in person. In person she’s really friendly with a good sense of humour and approachable, but behind the camera she just becomes someone else. It’s weird.

Next time you see her can you tell her everyone knows who her "source" is and to knock it off with the uncritical repeating.

3 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

James O'Brien cancelled his holiday to broadcast on LBC now...

Ha I've made an effort to listen to his show this morning.

This does feel like a watershed moment for the county with the Tories, people are starting to turn on them.

7 hours ago, bamber said:

What sort of idiot down-votes CND at a time like this? Fuck you.

UK's 'independent' trident deterrent is an utter pointless nonsense. Germany has none Japan has none. There is no coherent argument for us having one?

To answer you question, someone with a brain who exercises their free will and has an opinion different to yours. I know thats an alien concept in this echo chamber of a forum, but there it is, free will in action. 
interesting choices you make to show as example of counties who don’t have an independent  nuclear dependent, Japan and Germany, hmm I wonder why they don’t have one🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄😂😂😂😂😂

the reason we have trident is a little thing called the Cold War, look it up sometime. Along with the EU, NATO and other treaties,  countries having devastating weapons like trident is one of the reasons we haven’t had another global war.

• Downvote 3

4 minutes ago, Smeble said:

To answer you question, someone with a brain who exercises their free will and has an opinion different to yours. I know thats an alien concept in this echo chamber of a forum, but there it is, free will in action. 
interesting choices you make to show as example of counties who don’t have an independent  nuclear dependent, Japan and Germany, hmm I wonder why they don’t have one🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄😂😂😂😂😂

the reason we have trident is a little thing called the Cold War, look it up sometime. Along with the EU, NATO and other treaties,  countries having devastating weapons like trident is one of the reasons we haven’t had another global war.

Ah, the old sword of Damocles, peace through superior fire power argument. This is basically the same reasoning that gun nuts use to rationalise arming everyone so they can safely go to the cinema. I think the late, great Bill Hicks summed it up perfectly when he said..."and there's no connection, and you'd be a fool and a communist to make one, between having a gun and shooting someone with it, and not having a gun and not shooting someone". 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Toilet Duck said:

Ah, the old sword of Damocles, peace through superior fire power argument. This is basically the same reasoning that gun nuts use to rationalise arming everyone so they can safely go to the cinema. I think the late, great Bill Hicks summed it up perfectly when he said..."and there's no connection, and you'd be a fool and a communist to make one, between having a gun and shooting someone with it, and not having a gun and not shooting someone". 

Tremendous quote - here's a clip of the routine for the uninitiated

15 minutes ago, Smeble said:

The cold war wasn't actually that cold, it was fought on several fronts like Korea, Vietnam, Afghanistan. And the nuclear "deterrents" nearly made it heat up to apocalyptic levels on a few close occasions (Cuban missile crisis, erroneous warning systems etc).

If it ever gets to the point that we have to launch trident, we're already fucked.

This is the email I have sent to my MP Peter Bottomley:

Good morning,

I have lived in Worthing my entire life and have never contacted you before this. However Dominic Cummings breach of lockdown rules and the Prime Ministers defence of those actions last night have angered me immensely. I am also very disappointed to hear you defend Cummings yesterday morning on radio. 

Many people around the country have made great sacrifices by not seeing family, by not being able to be with dying family members. Then to see what happened yesterday is to be honest a slap in the face to the British public and holds us all in contempt. It shows there is one rule for us and another for people in high government; the double standards here are ridiculous.

I know you won’t care as you rarely seem to to show any level of empathy for us common people. However I would implore you to reconsider your view on this issue, to put pressure onto the Prime Minister to fire Dominic Cummins and retract his statement he made last night. If he will do neither then I would also suggest that the PM isn’t fit to govern this country and we look to take steps address either via a vote of no confidence either within the party or in the House of Commons.

At the very least please can you put out a statement indicating how abhorrent Dominic Cummings actions have been.

I look forward to your response and I would be happy to discuss this further with you, although I doubt you’ll even read this yourself and care.

Many thanks
Tom Ozanne
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

Putting my hand up here. I know this woman personally. I find it really strange when I see her on tv because she’s nothing like she is in person. In person she’s really friendly with a good sense of humour and approachable, but behind the camera she just becomes someone else. It’s weird.

Is there anything this dude isn’t ITK on? My man.