When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

It’s an American publication, so obviously more oriented as activities that are popular in the US, but I like npr and there’s some reasonably  good advice in this piece. As things open up, given that government advice has been (deliberately?) vague, assessing risk at a personal level is your best bet to keeping you and yours safe...since our “lockdown” has eased here I’ve met my parents and my in laws outside, the byo-everything approach is what we use and I’d agree with the assessment in this piece, ie it should be pretty low risk...anyway, might help some to find a way of interacting with others while not driving themselves crazy with worry...

https://choice.npr.org/index.html?origin=https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2020/05/23/861325631/from-camping-to-dining-out-heres-how-experts-rate-the-risks-of-14-summer-activit

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Anyone beginning to think Cummings knows a few things about Johnson that Boris would rather remain hidden? Might explain this incredible situation.

Makes you wonder doesn't it?  Perhaps there was more to this story and Cummings knows? : https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/dominic-cummings-mary-wakefield-charlotte-edwards-boris-johnson-groping-allegation-a9126331.html completely speculating here obviously 🤣 

26 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Honestly I saw my parents a week ago whilst distancing in their garden I wasn’t going to see them separately my mum is becoming very forgetful unfortunately so I need my dad to be present as much as possible I wasn’t going to go through that rubbish that it needs to be in a park 10mins apart . I was terribly nervous but needed to do it as I am at the safest I will be and them too , with me potentially returning to work ... unless the reclassify me . Good luck it’s a really tough decision I totally sympathise there x 

Yeah at the moment I think we are still erring on the side of caution. Same with my parents who are more accepting of the situation that his I think, but they have no underlying health issues as such.

6 hours ago, bamber said:

What sort of idiot down-votes CND at a time like this? Fuck you.

UK's 'independent' trident deterrent is an utter pointless nonsense. Germany has none Japan has none. There is no coherent argument for us having one?

the usual idiot thats on my block list now !!

1 hour ago, a6l6e6x said:

Never agreed with Piers on anything until this pandemic, turns out he does get some things right

Still can't stand the bloke mind

Sometimes it’s not what someone says it’s how they deliver it.

Also - rather surprised the mail are not backing boris... I guess it’s probably because mail readers disagree with lockdown so they aren’t going to like someone getting a free ride for breaking it.

E121BCE0-40D5-46E4-ABC8-55225421B6EA.jpeg

1 minute ago, Kalopsia said:

Not good news from Weston Hospital, hope anyone on here around that area is staying safe. 

https://www.uhbw.nhs.uk/p/latest-news/temporary-changes-at-weston-general-hospital

Not so good ... any patients will be transferred to taunton or Bristol ... more likely bristol ... my brother is signed up to help ambulance service as a fireman ... hopefully it’s a temporary thing as it’s not a huge hospital 

12 hours ago, jparx said:

Kuenssberg quite strong on Boris by her standards https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-52793376

Putting my hand up here. I know this woman personally. I find it really strange when I see her on tv because she’s nothing like she is in person. In person she’s really friendly with a good sense of humour and approachable, but behind the camera she just becomes someone else. It’s weird.

4 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Sometimes it’s not what someone says it’s how they deliver it.

Also - rather surprised the mail are not backing boris... I guess it’s probably because mail readers disagree with lockdown so they aren’t going to like someone getting a free ride for breaking it.

E121BCE0-40D5-46E4-ABC8-55225421B6EA.jpeg

I went on the Mail website (yes, I know) yesterday morning to gauge their readers' reaction to this whole affair and even they were up in arms and demanding a sacking/resignation.

24 minutes ago, jparx said:

Tory MP picking up BBC on underreporting number of those rebelling. He reckons 16/17 so far. I reckon that will grow today - seems inboxes were hammered over night after Boris' speech.

Been 15 on Twitter saying Cummings should.go

Actually make that 19

Edited by zahidf

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

Putting my hand up here. I know this woman personally. I find it really strange when I see her on tv because she’s nothing like she is in person. In person she’s really friendly with a good sense of humour and approachable, but behind the camera she just becomes someone else. It’s weird.

Was one told the same thing about Gordon Brown by someone who knows him.

Just now, Homer said:

I went on the Mail website (yes, I know) yesterday morning to gauge their readers' reaction to this whole affair and even they were up in arms and demanding a sacking/resignation.

Yeah the mail back the Tory party,  not so much the leader. If they think the tories need a new leader they will push for one - see Theresa May.

Just now, Homer said:

This is why they have gone against Boris ... if they take the decision to back him the sales of the paper will massively be impacted the paper will exist if boris goes they have had to make a judgement based on public opinion and the backlash that’s happening even on the letters page 

15 minutes ago, Homer said:

I hope you did a full PC restore afterwards?

14 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

This is why they have gone against Boris ... if they take the decision to back him the sales of the paper will massively be impacted the paper will exist if boris goes they have had to make a judgement based on public opinion and the backlash that’s happening even on the letters page 

Interesting to see the Times turning on Johnson too (they went weeks ago with the 5 COBRA meeting story. Is that a sign that Murdoch wants the UK to go The Full Gove?