When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

51 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Just looked at the dates, he was confirmed as self-isolating at home on 30th March so could well have been in isolation on 29th March, he and his family would then have had to stay at home for 14 days which takes them to Saturday 11th April, so Sunday 12th April would have been his first day out of isolation and he could have gone out for "exercise" His trip to Barnard Castle was probably within the rules as there is no limit to how far you can travel in order to do your exercise. I've no doubt the papers will be running this tomorrow but it may not be the fatal blow needed. If he was back up north on the 19th April that would be another matter as he has denied going back up to Durham a second time.

The worst thing this weekend has exposed is with many of Johnson's supporters, when the media (sorry, MSM) are attacking the Tories it's toxic nonsense that is out of line. People are genuinely celebrating his non answers on live TV, putting him back in his place. But when it's attacking the left (which, correct me if I'm wrong but feels much more often) they're just reporting facts to be absorbed. 

In that way the system is pretty much broken. Tories will ride this out, media will have to move on, any commentator that brings it up will be seen as a hysterical remoaner.

Tonight changes nothing I reckon.

Also wanna point out I know people with their head in the sand that I talked about aren't exclusive to the right, there's just lots more of them leaning that way.

• Upvote 1

Just now, gizmoman said:

Just looked at the dates, he was confirmed as self-isolating at home on 30th March so could well have been in isolation on 29th March, he and his family would then have had to stay at home for 14 days which takes them to Saturday 11th April, so Sunday 12th April would have been his first day out of isolation and he could have gone out for "exercise" His trip to Barnard Castle was probably within the rules as there is no limit to how far you can travel in order to do your exercise. I've no doubt the papers will be running this tomorrow but it may not be the fatal blow needed. If he was back up north on the 19th April that would be another matter as he has denied going back up to Durham a second time.

Lol exercise 30 miles away in a castle? It was a sightseeing walk. Rules hadnt changed then.

The number plate thing doesn’t prove anything on its own, it’s like when newspapers say “a source close to...said” its mostly just made up and can’t be proven otherwise.

But assuming it’s genuine, if they haven’t already no doubt all the newspapers are looking at who might have cctv footage and frantically contacting them to offer a brown envelope to hand it over. 

Edited by Deaf Nobby Burton

2 minutes ago, gizmoman said:

I not saying I accept it but it could be seen as daily exercise, it wasn't in an actual castle, that's the name of the town.

At that point you very clearly couldn't travel that far to exercise.

Just now, zahidf said:

Doesnt matter now. He broke the spirit and letter of the rules. Instinctively, we all know it and they are taking the piss.

Agree entirely, the point i'm making is how Boris is going to try to defend this. Don't get me wrong he should have been sacked today, I find it hard to believe Boris has gone out on a limb like this, the tories are usually pretty good at damage limitation but this is totally toxic.

4 minutes ago, gizmoman said:

Agree entirely, the point i'm making is how Boris is going to try to defend this. Don't get me wrong he should have been sacked today, I find it hard to believe Boris has gone out on a limb like this, the tories are usually pretty good at damage limitation but this is totally toxic.

Yup. From what I gather, everyone is furious 

3 minutes ago, Cream Soda said:

I don't think that was actually a set In stone rule was it?  I don't think a definite maximum was ever put on it. 

At one point it was definitely an hour of outdoor exercise per day. The recent change in restrictions have made it unlimited.

1 minute ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

At one point it was definitely an hour of outdoor exercise per day. The recent change in restrictions have made it unlimited.

Just now, Dave85radiohead said:

It was definitely 1 hour a day. Like idiots we followed it all to the letter.

Pretty sure they just said exercise once per day. Didnt think there was any time limit,  not that it matters now anyway. 

8 minutes ago, Cream Soda said:

Pretty sure they just said exercise once per day. Didnt think there was any time limit,  not that it matters now anyway. 

Actually you were right, it appears it was just guidance, but it wasn’t clear initially and when pressed this is what the government, specifically Michael Gove said in response:

I would have thought that for most people a walk of up to an hour or a run of 30 minutes or a cycle ride, depending on their level of fitness is appropriate

The key thing is however that it had to be close you your home and you were not allowed to travel elsewhere to do it.