When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

This is just heart breaking to see, I do hope other countries can help with providing oxygen but can imagine the logistics being a nightmare

Also India, Bangladesh, Cambodia are all extending their lockdown measures and Turkey not looking good either with case rises again 😞 

12 minutes ago, shoptildrop said:

This is just heart breaking to see, I do hope other countries can help with providing oxygen but can imagine the logistics being a nightmare

Also India, Bangladesh, Cambodia are all extending their lockdown measures and Turkey not looking good either with case rises again 😞 

Lots of countries have said they are helping out now ... hopefully it makes some difference but it’s gonna be grim for quite some time with cases on the rise for at least the next 2 weeks 😞 and that will take some time to filter through 😞 

12 minutes ago, shoptildrop said:

Surely the biggest issue here is just how terrible their healthcare system is rather than how bad the epidemic is. Why were they sending rockets into space instead of funding a health care system capable of withstanding a small surge in patients? 

Just to put it into perspective, 2600 deaths per day in India  is the equivalent of 103 deaths per day in the UK if you adjust for population size. This shouldn’t be enough to completely overwhelm a health care system. 

People that would have survived with adequate care are going to die while they spend $2billion a year on a vanity space agency project. 

A few weeks ago they had nearly 70,000 people watching the cricket series against England.

The Indian government has failed the people of India. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, dpdp said:

I'm 43 and the booking system has just let me in.  My friend who's 42 has also managed to book.

Worth trying now if you 40+.

Cheers pal...I'm 42 and it's let me book one for tomorrow. Postcode lottery but wouldn't have tried if I'd not seen your post so thanks... I owe you a cider.

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, BobWillis2 said:

Surely the biggest issue here is just how terrible their healthcare system is rather than how bad the epidemic is. Why were they sending rockets into space instead of funding a health care system capable of withstanding a small surge in patients? 

Just to put it into perspective, 2600 deaths per day in India  is the equivalent of 103 deaths per day in the UK if you adjust for population size. This shouldn’t be enough to completely overwhelm a health care system. 

People that would have survived with adequate care are going to die while they spend $2billion a year on a vanity space agency project. 

A few weeks ago they had nearly 70,000 people watching the cricket series against England.

The Indian government has failed the people of India. 

2600 deaths that we know about...expect it's a lot more...and the rapid increase of cases is not because of a shit health care system. The government has obviously failed though, populist hard man leaders not so good at this pandemic stuff.

3 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Booked both jabs today.

Does anyone know how long it takes the confirmation emails to arrive? I stupidly forgot to note the references 🙄

I did the same thing pal and haven't yet received an email but looked on my browsing history and you could still get to the booking confirmation page with reference numbers.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Booked both jabs today.

Does anyone know how long it takes the confirmation emails to arrive? I stupidly forgot to note the references 🙄

If you don’t get them immediately check the junk emails .... and then check the money is pending in your account ... oh hang on ... 

Edited by crazyfool1
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Booked both jabs today.

Reading about receiving confirmation emails is taking me back to T-Day for Glastonbury.

Ah simpler times.

30 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Booked both jabs today.

Mine turned up about 3 days after I booked mine a couple of weeks ago, my wifes, booked at the same time, turned up within an hour