When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

5 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

It was said after ordering the December lockdown - so not sure the accusation stands up.   Actions > Words

It explains why the PM took so long to put us into the 3rd lockdown at the end of December though and gives key insight into his thought process at the time. He was happy at one stage to see bodies pile up so delayed the 3rd lockdown when it was needed at least 7-10 days earlier which sadly would’ve caused more fatalities.

Just now, crazyfool1 said:

Just out of interest is there any exemption from facemasks ? I think that might be our issue here ... 

The times people don't wear them are:

• eating and drinking
  • exercising
  • being on the beach
  • being at home  

As a result prob spend 5% of my day wearing one, it's really no big deal.

2 minutes ago, xxialac said:

The times people don't wear them are:

• eating and drinking
  • exercising
  • being on the beach
  • being at home  

As a result prob spend 5% of my day wearing one, it's really no big deal.

I meant medical exemption ? Which is questionable at best for quite a few people not wearing them inside ... 

1 minute ago, crazyfool1 said:

I meant medical exemption ? Which is questionable at best for quite a few people not wearing them inside ... 

I don't know about that. I simply don't see anyone not wearing them (including people who are clearly in their late 80s or 90s).

1 minute ago, xxialac said:

I don't know about that. I simply don't see anyone not wearing them (including people who are clearly in their late 80s or 90s).

We have exemption for medical reasons here ... I think it stems from a disability discrimination act ... someone correct me if I’m wrong ... but requires no proof ... and unfortunately it’s abused ... and is more of a issue  for people not wearing them I would say 

1 minute ago, crazyfool1 said:

We have exemption for medical reasons here ... I think it stems from a disability discrimination act ... someone correct me if I’m wrong ... but requires no proof ... and unfortunately it’s abused ... and is more of a issue  for people not wearing them I would say 

Yes, of course there are some people who have a legitimate need. But as most people even with severe asthma can wear a mask, it's as you say more often seen as a convenient loophole for the loopy.

49 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

There is another way of looking at it.  We let 20,000 people die of Flu every year by not having lockdowns.  Aren't his comments similar ? 

No, we clearly see 20,000 flu deaths as not letting the bodies pile high, part of the reason the public at large has been unmoved by opponents of the government shouting about the death toll from COVID is nobody has a feel for whether number is that big given the unprecedented nature of the situation, the PM saying he'd prefer to see bodies pile high than have another lockdown certainly puts the numbers from the January surge into context, they were high and the PM was ok with that.

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, xxialac said:

I completely disagree with you.

In Spain compliance with maskwearing indoors is far, far higher than the UK. Much of that can be attributed to walking the streets and seeing everyone wearing masks. 

Humans are social conformists.

The more we see masks, the more we wear masks. So seeing masks outdoors has a benefit on maskwearing indoors.

It acts as a nudge technique. Like a relatively financially insignificant 5p on a plastic bag (after all what's 5p when you're often spending tens of pounds?) had had a highly significant reduction in people using them.

I couldn’t disagree with you more. Just to summarise, you think we should wear masks outdoors so people wear them more indoors. 

Bonkers.

And I don’t think we have a problem with mask compliance here either. Obviously it varies but I’d say in my area it’s around 95%.

On 4/21/2021 at 10:39 AM, steviewevie said:

Still almost total silence about the link between covid and blood clots... I reckon that needs to be made a thing of to counter all the noise about vaccines and clots there's three times the risk of a clot from covid as from the vaccines.

1 hour ago, Ozanne said:

If this is provable then this is very serious, I’d agree with the SNP that he would have to resign. No leader of a country could say something like this at any time. It also makes his slow actions in December make more sense now. 

I'd agree with you, pre-Trump. I'm just not sure where the line is anymore, in terms of what might force a resignation. This cabinet seem unwilling to ever show integrity with regards that sort of thing.

1 minute ago, Mellotr0n said:

I'd agree with you, pre-Trump. I'm just not sure where the line is anymore, in terms of what might force a resignation. This cabinet seem unwilling to ever show integrity with regards that sort of thing.

An apology would be a big thing from any of them but especially him. This is probably the time they'll use that card- a humble "I'm sorry I misjudged my words" will probably be fine for most people 

6 minutes ago, stuie said:

I couldn’t disagree with you more. Just to summarise, you think we should wear masks outdoors so people wear them more indoors. 

Bonkers.

And I don’t think we have a problem with mask compliance here either. Obviously it varies but I’d say in my area it’s around 95%.

That's not how I feel. Don't summarise me.

They reduce infections outside slightly - this is proven.

And they are a constant visual reminder to be vigilant and make people take covid more seriously  - this is conjecture but entirely reasonable as humans are proven to take social cues from other.

Ultimately I think maskwearing is no big deal (case in point 40million people in the country I reside have been wearing them routinely for months when they leave the house and just get on with it) and a bit of precautionary principle with very limited downside makes them a good idea until we stop having major waves of covid.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Mellotr0n said:

Yeah I kind of agree with you, if there’s one politician that can get through this it’s Johnson, he is Teflon. 

6 minutes ago, xxialac said:

That's not how I feel. Don't summarise me.

They reduce infections outside slightly - this is proven.

And they are a constant visual reminder to be vigilant and make people take covid more seriously  - this is conjecture but entirely reasonable as humans are proven to take social cues from other.

Ultimately I think maskwearing is no big deal (case in point 40million people in the country I reside have been wearing them routinely for months when they leave the house and just get on with it) and a bit of precautionary principle with very limited downside makes them a good idea until we stop having major waves of covid.

Erm... ok. You just basically wrote the same thing again with a few more words than I used. 

Anyway, I’m not about to start wearing a mask outside for no reason - I remember to wear it inside perfectly well - and I doubt the 65m people in the country I reside will.

2 minutes ago, philipsteak said:

I also wouldn't want any of my friends as PM. They'd be awful. Not that that disqualifies you these days

This. Despite my political leanings, I probably would enjoy a pint in the pub with Johnson more than with Corbyn or possibly even Starmer. That doesn't mean I want him running my country, you fucking lunatics (Johnson voters...)

Just now, eFestivals said:

He a man without friends and someone will dump on him soon enough.... I reckon his downfall will be cheating on Carrie

You don’t think it will be Cummings at that 26th May inquiry?

Then again, Cummings is hardly Mr. Popular so whatever he says will be twisted by the BorisBoys as an attack on Spaffer.

1 hour ago, Barry Fish said:

There is another way of looking at it.  We let 20,000 people die of Flu every year by not having lockdowns.  Aren't his comments similar ? 

I think I can understand the outburst personally.  At some point we have to learn to live with deaths from Covid.  I wouldn't want to see a third lockdown.

well we had about 60k die this winter, and that was with a lockdown....