When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

I still can't understand how the whole "unnamed source" or "insider" quotes can be continue to be considered legal. Surely the media needs to be regulated to the point where only direct quotes from named sources are permitted? Without it, it's just hearsay. The troubling thing is that a large number of readers absorb it as fact. 

2 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

But it’s ok when they leak stories to their contacts, they can’t have it both ways 😂

Apparently Cummins has it on recording that Johnson said this. 

Do me a favour, let me know which of those two sisters had the facelift? I'd rather avoid opening the newspaper but I feel like I can't move on with my day until I find out...

Wow, this suddenly feels like the endgame for Boris. Gove to be PM by the summer? His party are very clearly throwing him under the bus. This headline is in their paper as well, so the old “bah liberal elite cancel culture blah blah” thing doesn’t hold water.

Just now, jparx said:

Wow, this suddenly feels like the endgame for Boris. Gove to be PM by the summer? His party are very clearly throwing him under the bus. This headline is in their paper as well, so the old “bah liberal elite cancel culture blah blah” thing doesn’t hold water.

he's done his brexit thing, now let's get rid.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Do me a favour, let me know which of those two sisters had the facelift? I'd rather avoid opening the newspaper but I feel like I can't move on with my day until I find out...

Sorry mate what do you mean by facelift?

Just now, steviewevie said:

he's done his brexit thing, now let's get rid.

Certainly feels that way. 

I am a bit concerned that we’ll end up with something far worse than Boris in the end. Is a bumbling idiot better than someone who actually has their act together from this evil little bunch?

1 minute ago, steviewevie said:

Johnson did stick by Cummimgs when he did his Barnard castle eye test thing, and now Cummimgs is trying to take him down. The murky world of politics.

I suspect Cummings has this lined up all long? Now we’re on our way of the pandemic, it’s on to the next phase of the plan which is get Boris out and Gove in. Boris is just an utter clown for trusting him in the first place. He’s the evil version of Tyrion.

1 minute ago, jparx said:

Certainly feels that way. 

I am a bit concerned that we’ll end up with something far worse than Boris in the end. Is a bumbling idiot better than someone who actually has their act together from this evil little bunch?

With Johnson out the way I think tories have less chance of winning the next election.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

36 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

NINTCHDBPICT000589863253.jpg

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

Yesterday's test event at Wembley was a but of a shit show.  Loads not wearing masks etc.

Very predicable just goes to show trying to enforce anything on football fans is pointless 

“Masks” in an outdoor setting is pure pandemic theatre anyway. They make no difference to the transmission. 

51 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

I still can't understand how the whole "unnamed source" or "insider" quotes can be continue to be considered legal. Surely the media needs to be regulated to the point where only direct quotes from named sources are permitted? Without it, it's just hearsay. The troubling thing is that a large number of readers absorb it as fact. 

Not sure on that. Anonymity of sources is a bit of a cornerstone of journalism. If the sources aren’t protected then you don’t get whistleblowers coming forward to the media to expose corruption. Any good journalist should be corroborating the information they get from sources before they publish. 

• Upvote 3

42 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

In the end we did have thousands dying every day and a 2nd lockdown, so good job bojo.

All the best politicians have to make compromises. Well done Boris.

47 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Surely it's the one who looks older. Else it's not really a story, is it? (Obviously it's not a story either way, but I assume they had pages to fill.)

4 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

“Masks” in an outdoor setting is pure pandemic theatre anyway. They make no difference to the transmission. 

That's patently false.

Plus you're not factoring in all the other indirect benefits of having more people wear masks outside.

10 minutes ago, zero000 said:

Not sure on that. Anonymity of sources is a bit of a cornerstone of journalism. If the sources aren’t protected then you don’t get whistleblowers coming forward to the media to expose corruption. Any good journalist should be corroborating the information they get from sources before they publish. 

That's a fair point. Unfortunately it's the cornerstone of both good and harmful journalism. The truth is the only thing that matters but sadly the lines are blurred 

32 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

Yesterday's test event at Wembley was a but of a shit show.  Loads not wearing masks etc.

Very predicable just goes to show trying to enforce anything on football fans is pointless 

I guess we'll find out within the next 6 or 7 days. I assume every individual's attendance is recorded to analyse any data? 

One thing that surprised me about the League cup final is that they put all the fans on the same side of the stadium. If they used the full stadium then surely they could have doubled the amount of available tickets?

Was mask wearing part of the event criteria or just in indoor areas of the stadium.