When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

7 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Well most of the tickets being sold for post-June events that I've seen are for non socially distanced so not sure how that will work as they will be over capacity. So they'd have to cancel or reschedule again.

I don't really see why they can't go ahead in autumn once most of the population has been vaccinated. I know we have to see what happens in next few months but if link between small number of cases and hospitalisations/deaths is broken then why can't they happen?

There will become a point where we have to move on and be allowed to do the things we want to do. Otherwise we’ll be stuck in this stop-start loop forever. Surely the best time is once the entire population is vaccinated and test events have taken place. Basically, I’m agreeing with you!

18 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Few inaccuracies here:

Inside in Balearics/Ibiza is not closed off.

PCR test in Iberian peninsular is not €120, it's c.€60.

Closed off?, I didn't day it was. I said they were open outdoor spaces fully from later May. And where I read that from stated €120 for a PCR test. It was from Ibiza Spotlight. https://www.ibiza-spotlight.com/magazine/2021/04/ibiza-coronavirus-update-17-23-4-2021 

I'd have no reason to see it as wrong as they want things over asap to sell club tickets.

49 minutes ago, Homer said:

Fair enough; I wouldn't exacly be rushing to Thorpe Park particularly other than I can't think of much else to do with my last day of furlough (bar go for a walk or sit outside a pub).

Ta, me being thick and not seeing the euro sign!

Yeah there is that. I've got national park areas go explore within 2 hours of me so that'll take priority first.

46 minutes ago, xxialac said:

I'm going to an indoor gig tomorrow night (I'm in Spain and where the Covid rates are higher than the UK). For now, you have to wear a mask and it's seated-only but those two restrictions can eventually be replaced by testing.

Seems crazy to suggest there won't be any indoor gigs in the UK this year.

You´re absolutely right. Seems to be a rather strange suggestion that UK concerts wont happen. Cases in Austria are higher than in Spain at the moment and indoor concerts can go ahead here from 19 May onwards (1500 people at the max for indoor events/outdoor 3000 at the max to be allowed, pre-testing or vaccination, masks and keeping distance mandatory). Also there is a very good chance that standing events and less restrictions will be possible by summer. At the press conference for opening up the country yesterday they said only very few restrictions could be in place by July.

Masks on rollercoasters is mind boggling to me, sounds more like a way of saying don't have too much fun la we're still in a pandemic than actually helping anything. I'd like to see a visualisation of how likely you are to breath someone else's droplets (Ew) as apposed to say someone running past you.

That said I've got no intention of going to a theme park any time soon so it's really a non issue that doesn't affect me. 

17 minutes ago, priest17 said:

Masks on rollercoasters is mind boggling to me, sounds more like a way of saying don't have too much fun la we're still in a pandemic than actually helping anything. I'd like to see a visualisation of how likely you are to breath someone else's droplets (Ew) as apposed to say someone running past you.

That said I've got no intention of going to a theme park any time soon so it's really a non issue that doesn't affect me. 

seems silly but I guess it's not for when they're moving outside but when they're stationary in an enclosed area. Probably won't be a thing by the time the school summer holidays start.

58 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Closed off?, I didn't day it was. I said they were open outdoor spaces fully from later May. And where I read that from stated €120 for a PCR test. It was from Ibiza Spotlight. https://www.ibiza-spotlight.com/magazine/2021/04/ibiza-coronavirus-update-17-23-4-2021 

I'd have no reason to see it as wrong as they want things over asap to sell club tickets.

It is wrong. PCR tests are €58 at the airport.

Also €60 is the going rate in most of Spain and Portugal.

And um, "For the likes of travel to Portugal, Azores and Balearics/Ibiza from later in May time, they are going to open terraces fully but inside is still closed off "

25 minutes ago, xxialac said:

It is wrong. PCR tests are €58 at the airport.

Also €60 is the going rate in most of Spain and Portugal.

And um, "For the likes of travel to Portugal, Azores and Balearics/Ibiza from later in May time, they are going to open terraces fully but inside is still closed off "

The bold is what I said.

As for the other part, it's still £50 per person on top to not quarantine. It's costing enough for a holiday with hospitality cashing in anyway.

2 hours ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

So many tickets being sold for indoor gigs later in the year now, some as early as June/July. Do you think the venues are all just hoping for the best but knowing it's unlikely?

I've bought tickets for gigs in October and November and I'm presuming that everyone will be vaccinated by then. My only concern is one of the artists is Portuguese so not sure if she will have to quarantine on arrival and if that may cause her to cancel the tour. Reckon gigs for UK artists should be going ahead towards the end of the year.

14 minutes ago, found home in 2009 said:

I've bought tickets for gigs in October and November and I'm presuming that everyone will be vaccinated by then. My only concern is one of the artists is Portuguese so not sure if she will have to quarantine on arrival and if that may cause her to cancel the tour. Reckon gigs for UK artists should be going ahead towards the end of the year.

Yeah I do too. I've bought tickets for one in November and have a couple rescheduled I think. I was really just responding to the idea that they definitely won't happen by highlighting that a lot of venues seem to really think they will.

19 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

The bold is what I said.

As for the other part, it's still £50 per person on top to not quarantine. It's costing enough for a holiday with hospitality cashing in anyway.

Even with that extra £50 it could still be cheaper than a holiday on the UK. Some insane prices being charged this year

8 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Yeah I do too. I've bought tickets for one in November and have a couple rescheduled I think. I was really just responding to the idea that they definitely won't happen by highlighting that a lot of venues seem to really think they will.

sorry, think I'd read your post without looking at the conversation before it.

Fingers crossed we get to go to our gigs

29 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

The bold is what I said.

Yeah, agree with all of that - it's definitely too much.

6 hours ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Interesting, thanks for posting. What does outdoor four point entry mean in practice?

Steps 4 and 5 have been standard for most bigger gigs for some time now anwyay.

There's a sizeable open space outside the Crucible Theatre, most of which was taken up with a barricaded off area where you pass through the various stages. Not dissimilar to going into a festival. there's not much of a crowd so there's no serious queues. How that would work at Wembley stadium I don't know, it would be a nightmare. Like Heathrow queues already are apparently.