When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

1 minute ago, zahidf said:

its breaking the Rule of Six though.... 

I think its pointless but it is against his rules!

absolutely ... risk is tiny ... but if the rule is there he needs to be the one leading by example ..... otherwise just drop that rule now 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, zahidf said:

its breaking the Rule of Six though.... 

I think its pointless but it is against his rules!

It would be hypocritical for me to have a problem with it whilst breaking the rules as well.

My local running group had us out in a group of 16 on Tuesday and then I was in a group of 8 last night. 

Outside is fair game for me.

1 minute ago, JoeyT said:

It would be hypocritical for me to have a problem with it whilst breaking the rules as well.

My local running group had us out in a group of 16 on Tuesday and then I was in a group of 8 last night. 

Outside is fair game for me.

But you're not making the rules.... its silly for him to make them and break them

1 minute ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Could the others all be 1 household? Remember that you can have a gathering of any size if it's just 2 households.

I was going to say something similar. It's striking national media hasn't jumped on it if there is rule breaking going on in the picture?

I might be being thick, but surely we can't know what the herd immunity threshold is until we know exactly how much the vaccines reduce transmission. The current data seems to say they reduce it "quite a bit" but I feel like that 70% number might be based on them reducing it 100% which we know isn't the case?

Because if a vaccine didn't reduce transmission at all, herd immunity would not be a thing right? Because people would still be catching it and passing it on at the same rate as before? 

1 hour ago, fraybentos1 said:

I think it just means you could open up but R would remain below 1. Small outbreaks are always possible but as time goes on the virus would hit more and more of a wall and not be able to spread.

Yeah, I think we've used lockdown to get the case numbers down - it's hard for them to plummet now.  What herd immunity will give us is that once the restrictions are lifted, we don't get the massive bounce back of cases we saw last year.

Our country opens up now on 19 May. but with caution and slow steps.

for entry to restaurants, hotels, sports and culture a green vaccination certificate will be required (vaccination or testing or if someone already had it). most things with registration, all things with FFP2 Masks mandatory.

seated concerts and spectators at sports allowed then indoor 1500, outdoor 3000.

if all goes to plan festivals and bigger events could be allowed from July onwards where many other restrictions could be also lifted.

No quarantine at the border required after 19 May, except if traveling from/to high risk countries.