When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

Just now, Barry Fish said:

I think what you posted it a lot of horse crap to be frank.

During any huge decision I would expect the PM to be very reluctant to take away peoples freedoms and only doing so if absolutely required.

None of this is black and right.  I think Boris has done a shite job - Christmas was basically manslaughter - but I won't just declare open season no him.  Its all shades of grey. 

Of course everything is shades of grey, I'm not saying Boris is evil, I'm not saying Boris purposely let thousands of people die. That would be black and white. 
Why are you defending him? - Boris doesn't care about people's freedoms in this country, he doesn't care about you. - He cares about his image and the money the economy generates. If he cared about the people of this country, he wouldn't do things like whip his party to vote against free school meals for children in the middle of a pandemic, just because it isn't in line with the usual Tory manifesto. 

He has wasted billions of taxpayers money on failing test and trace, unusable PPE and on lining the pockets of his mates. But still 3 million excluded didn't qualify for financial help at all until this year and still over a million don't. -

I get that every world leader has had to make hard decisions but Boris doesn't make those decisions until it's too late. He is weighing up thousands of excess deaths against necessary restrictions of freedoms to prevent those deaths. He ignore scientists and then locks down too late. Meaning that both excess death of restrictions of freedoms happen, the worst of both worlds. 

Nothing is black and white like you say. But yeah Boris ain't evil, he is apathetic, corrupt, greedy, careless and liar, an adultery, a racist who now pretends he is for woke causes when appropriate then votes against them the next week. 

I don't understand, I just understand why anyone could defend that

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, jparx said:

Dead man walking. He doesn’t have enough mates at the top of the party to withstand this I don’t think. 

23 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

nah hes on his way now .....  theres gonna be something later on This week to finish him off I reckon 

I agree guys, I think this is the beginning of the end of Johnson. There’s too many things in the papers coming out now for this to be nothing. 

1 hour ago, xxialac said:

Am not suggesting for a minute that masks should be worn for outdoor concerts later in the year, especially if people are tested beforehand.

Wasn’t it you who said we should wear them outside everywhere to encourage people to wear them inside? 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

Bunch of left wingers think he should go...  Not sure that is going to be the end outcome to be honest.

Are right wingers happier with someone saying we would rather there was pile of dead bodies than a lockdown last winter?

9 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

I wouldn't say I am defending him...

I am saying if simply if someone says "I don't want to do it" and then does it...

Well I am going to judge them off the actions and not the words.

Its 2 things

1. The delay

2. The language which is disrespectful to the dead. 

Saying he eventually did a lockdown doenst take away from those things

• Upvote 1

Just now, zahidf said:

Are right wingers happier with someone saying we would rather there was pile of dead bodies than a lockdown last winter?

I seem to remember the vast majority supporting the lockdowns at that point ... both right and left wing ... 

42 minutes ago, xxialac said:

People were able to drink in the 5,000 person event, only in designated zones. 

Designated drinking zones 🤡🤡🤡

31 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

Interestingly the poll is shaping up to reflect what I thought it might on a music focused board.  

75-80% would wear a mask

20-25% wouldn't wear a mask

Lets presume it sticks there (we can look again later).

Could the live music industry come back and compete with 20-25% of its target market not interested in buying a ticket ?

For many factors I would say not considering gigs have always been fighting for a share of the market and trying to balance the cost of putting on shows.

Says a lot that even though they’ve been cancelled for over a year, 25% of people on a music festival forum would still rather wait until it’s a normal gig before they’d go. 
That percentage would be much higher if you polled your more casual music fans who only go to see maybe 1 or 2 bands per year. 

Edited by BobWillis2

Just now, Barry Fish said:

Do you REALLY think the average tory voter is really going to care ?   The ones I know couldn't care less - to busy looking at their share options.

Well its not up to the tories to say what voters care about. They may or maynot care about the prime minister expressing that attitude. But it clearly a disgusting thing to say

9 minutes ago, stuie said:

Wasn’t it you who said we should wear them outside everywhere to encourage people to wear them inside? 

Yes, that's now.

And later in the year is later in the year.

You do realise the pandemic isn't a fixed thing but is changing?

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, xxialac said:

It's really not so very difficult to comprehend.

Everything was pointing towards capacity (needs to be for it to be profitable) no social distancing indoor concerts happening much later in the year.

If they can now take place earlier with an interim maskwearing phase, then let that happen for those who are up for that.

To all the moaners, no one is forcing you to attend...

That's... not entirely true is it? If you booked tickets for a gig in 2020 and it was rescheduled for 2021 but you're going to have to wear a mask to go... they're under no obligation to offer a refund if you no longer want to attend because of the mask rules.

47 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

I can only work with so many variables 😄 

No it doesn't but we can only work and discuss around the bits we are seeing.

I guess the question is how busy is your gym compared to pre-COVID? 

The poll is interesting, and you're right the industry wouldn't survive if 20% of the regular customers stopped going. But it doesn't account for people who would *only* go if masks or some sort of distancing was in place. 

You're right it all vey complicated and messy and there wouldn't be compliance anyway (as test events are providing data supporting) so I don't expect we will see any hot and sweaty indoor standing gigs this side of 2022 anyway for those reasons.

1 minute ago, BobWillis2 said:

Designated drinking zones 🤡🤡🤡

Says a lot that even though they’ve been cancelled for over a year, 25% of people on a music festival forum would still rather wait until it’s a normal gig before they’d go. 
That percentage would be much higher if you polled your more casual music fans who only go to see maybe 1 or 2 bands per year. 

I'd imagine most of those people just wouldn't bother going to a gig at all until they're back at pre-COVID safety levels. 

3 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Well its not up to the tories to say what voters care about. They may or maynot care about the prime minister expressing that attitude. But it clearly a disgusting thing to say

yeah, it's obviously not a good look...but by all accounts behind his jokey public image he is actually a bit of a nasty c**t. And not only does this tarnish his image as a good guy, on the people's side, did everything he could etc...it also reminds people of the shitshow that was going on last autumn and winter rather than the good times now, which could hurt him politically.

4 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Yes, that's now.

And later in the year is later in the year.

You do realise the pandemic isn't a fixed thing but is changing?

So you think England restrictions should get tougher before they get looser? 

You do realise that you are very condescending and a little patronising

3 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

I think after Brexit and a Pandemic he will possibly choose to leave in the near future.  He would be well advised to do so.

Whatever people think here he could exit the stage saying he did what he became Prime Minister to do (Brexit) and saw us through a unwinnable situation like Covid.  Could protect / manage his legacy by leaving the summer or at least summer next year more likely.

Nah. They never just exit, they either lose or they're kicked out.

15 minutes ago, stuie said:

So you think England restrictions should get tougher before they get looser? 

You do realise that you are very condescending and a little patronising

He is incredibly patronising for someone who is wrong a lot.

A few months ago he was adamant that vaccine appointments for over 80s should have been going out exclusively by text message. Thankfully others have more sense.

52 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

I agree guys, I think this is the beginning of the end of Johnson. There’s too many things in the papers coming out now for this to be nothing. 

Trouble is, is it better to have an incompetent Tory in charge bumbling about than someone who might actually have it together more? 

49 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Its 2 things

1. The delay

2. The language which is disrespectful to the dead. 

Saying he eventually did a lockdown doenst take away from those things

I agree. Plus his language gives us good insight into his thought process at the time which lead to delays and unfortunately more deaths.

13 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

He is incredibly patronising for someone who is wrong a lot.

A few months ago he was adamant that vaccine appointments for over 80s should have been going out exclusively by text message. Thankfully others have more sense.

Jeez, this was from last year. Really must have hit a nerve....

And that's nonsense what you've written. The discussion was about whether over 80s have access to an email address.

Was nothing to do with appointments.

You jumped down my throat when I wrote that over 80s generally had access to an email address. I then provided stats that showed this was the case.

It was a fucking boring conversation that only took place because of your aggression and insistence that you know everything.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, jparx said:

Trouble is, is it better to have an incompetent Tory in charge bumbling about than someone who might actually have it together more? 

Johnson is a proven election winner and also a pretty rancid human, I want him gone for those reasons alone.

It might not matter what the voters think, if enough Tories decide he’s too toxic or of certain people with connections decide now is the time for a different leader then the Tories will get rid of Johnson via a leadership election. That’s why all of this matters and why it’s important for these stories to be in the specific newspapers that they are in.