Whose Missing? (First Poster Edition)

Hutchmaster

5 minutes ago, Miyn said:

Bit of an odd shout but hear me out. The 1975 were originally booked to headline the other one night. I remember someone on here met Yannis, who said that the other headliners were The 1975 and Dua Lipa, and also said that Foals weren't playing 2020. Fatboy Slim could be the replacement for The 1975 as they are now booked for next year? Would also match The 1975's weird body language when questioned about Glastonbury on Radio 1 with Annie Mac, they all smirked and said "I think we're busy this year"

I wonder if they didn't wanna go up against

What's this full poster everyone's talking about? My second year on here and all I remember was the first poster, then the stage announcements, and finally the full schedule. Do you mean the poster that they list on the website to buy afterwards? Really confused.

Edited by Miyn

11 minutes ago, Miyn said:

What's this full poster everyone's talking about? My second year on here and all I remember was the first poster, then the stage announcements, and finally the full schedule. Do you mean the poster that they list on the website to buy afterwards? Really confused.

It's the more traditional looking poster they usually release along with the full lineup and times. That used to be the only poster we got until they introduced the 'first poster' in 2014. This was last year's:

gf-poster-2019.jpg

14 minutes ago, Miyn said:

https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/line-up/line-up-2019/

We’ve got a lot tba. It’s safe to say the big slots will be amongst what we have though.

11 minutes ago, Lubic87 said:

It's the more traditional looking poster they usually release along with the full lineup and times. That used to be the only poster we got until they introduced the 'first poster' in 2014. This was last year's:

gf-poster-2019.jpg

Yeah, I bought that and have got it framed. I could've sworn that it came out after the festival? I remember looking a few times a day on the Glastonbury shop seeing if they'd put a full lineup poster out yet to buy.

3 minutes ago, Miyn said:

Yeah, I bought that and have got it framed. I could've sworn that it came out after the festival? I remember looking a few times a day on the Glastonbury shop seeing if they'd put a full lineup poster out yet to buy.

Definitely not after the festival. This line up normally is released a few weeks before the festival, after the individual stage/area line ups. 

In case anybody is interested (just gone through this for myself), the acts highlighted were the ones who were given in the first poster announcement for last year.

glasto1.thumb.png.64a04243d24083677451d35908ac89b1.png

------------------------------------

glasto2.thumb.png.721fb6753c3ec584f183bc0b04c91561.png

glasto3.thumb.png.9a1eb82d800373e2427e37ab0246eabe.png

Edited by mttJ
  • Upvote 24

6 minutes ago, mttJ said:

In case anybody is interested (just gone through this for myself), the acts highlighted were the ones who were given in the first poster announcement for last year.

Feels to me like we’re missing two other subs. Just like last year.

The Murder Capital for me, they were down twice in the rumours, was hoping for a sneaky Thursday Williams green and John Peel slot. Hopefully they just missed the list, being down for two sets I imagine there was something behind the tbc.

Feel like the undercard is stacked yet we're missing some big names towards the top end. No bigger bookings for Other headline slots after all, and no huge surprise acts like Miley, Janey, Katy Perry etc that make the lineup stand out.

Headliners are top notch, don't get me wrong. Just hope there's a couple of other 'surprises' to go along with Aerosmith.

4 hours ago, loaky said:

The Murder Capital for me, they were down twice in the rumours, was hoping for a sneaky Thursday Williams green and John Peel slot. Hopefully they just missed the list, being down for two sets I imagine there was something behind the tbc.

I’m 100% they’ll be there. I asked the frontman after their Glasgow gig if they were playing and he stonewalled me, just said he didn’t know. I’m convinced it was a “I just can’t say” don’t know, rather than a real one. 

7 hours ago, mttJ said:

That’s very useful, if they’re consistent it means most but not all of the major acts we now know, it’s those lower down the bill that are to come. That’s in line with previous years too I reckon. So, don’t expect too many more big names.