Good Luck ALL !

mrfunk

21 minutes ago, glasto-worker said:

Kev - I know your trying for friends but are you also trying for Stella and yourself ?.

I have never experienced buying Glasto tickets via the Internet - last ticket I bought was 32 years ago in 1987 - £21 - bought from a CND shop in London - the guy pulled out a ticket book and tore them out - I think I bought 8 - no queue at all - paid in cash - I was in and out quicker than it took me to type this paragraph.

I know this photo was taking in a Pub in Ladbroke Grove near the Canal { Notting Hill Gate } when I was meeting everyone to hand out their tickets although not sure which year {but it is in the 80's}

so well done for being up {as I know you have had a busy night} and good luck for buying tickets.

953044_n.jpg.ab15f18e9e1eb44e4c34e09d97665fac.jpg

978475_o.jpg.23649e370d8ffb9979bc8fbffbe25625.jpg

Hello glasto-worker,

No, me and stella aren't going for tickets. I'll be trying for three friends and three others who I'm pretty sure that I don't know, but may know to see (ie. they are friends of the friends that I have).

I recall myself the good old days when you could just walk in to a music shop and buy a ticket there and then, with no queue. That's a long time ago now, mind. 

Yes, it's been a bit of a night this end. In fact Friday night was a bit of a night too. In fact, the last time that I slept was Thursday night!

Anyway, hopefully I'll go to bed at around 10am for a few hours, after getting those golden tickets for my mates. I'd sleep peacefully then. I better had get some sleep, as Fran is calling over later and wants a heavy night tonight!

Good luck everyone.

I'm not even trying for tickets this year, heresy, I know. I've just finished a night shift and am feeling "The Buzz" that everyone else must be feeling right now. I'd finished a night shift in '18 when getting tickets for this year, stayed up, had a few beers, logged on and by 0902hrs I had my tickets. I sincerely hope all you efesters have similar joy so early on in the mad scramble. Peace and love. X

Just now, Northern Soul said:

Good luck everyone.

I'm not even trying for tickets this year, heresy, I know. I've just finished a night shift and am feeling "The Buzz" that everyone else must be feeling right now. I'd finished a night shift in '18 when getting tickets for this year, stayed up, had a few beers, logged on and by 0902hrs I had my tickets. I sincerely hope all you efesters have similar joy so early on in the mad scramble. Peace and love. X

Peace & Love to you too NS. Hope all's well with you. Will catch up with you via PM soon.

Here we are then folks .... through the quieter times and hopefully out the other side waving that beautiful golden ticket .... Good luck to the regulars /the newbies (just as important )  and everyone who has helped anyone over the past few months on here ... think that's everyone covered ... if it isn't good luck to you also .... looking forward to reading those im going to the farm posts in a few hours ... all the best Alex 

11 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Hello glasto-worker,

No, me and stella aren't going for tickets. I'll be trying for three friends and three others who I'm pretty sure that I don't know, but may know to see (ie. they are friends of the friends that I have).

I recall myself the good old days when you could just walk in to a music shop and buy a ticket there and then, with no queue. That's a long time ago now, mind. 

Yes, it's been a bit of a night this end. In fact Friday night was a bit of a night too. In fact, the last time that I slept was Thursday night!

Anyway, hopefully I'll go to bed at around 10am for a few hours, after getting those golden tickets for my mates. I'd sleep peacefully then. I better had get some sleep, as Fran is calling over later and wants a heavy night tonight!

that is very good of you to do that for others.

This year a staff Manager brought my ticket down to the coach pick up point as I was being transported by car to the WBC Crew site - stuff walking that distance.

so while you go to bed I have to set out to Clapham picture house to see Roger Waters Us + Them ' in the pouring rain ' so it better be good.

Good luck - the odds are you will get them.

IMG_20191006_0002-1200.thumb.jpg.60a85f49b4004f0b8c6ea1435c85dd19.jpg

De-lurking to wish everyone the best today. I don't post very often but I do pay the annual subscription as I think this is one of the best corners of the internet. 

Glastonbury has been very good for me and good to me over these last 25 years ... and while I am trying for tickets in expectation of missing out ... I am kind of glad it is so darn popular as I remember a time when it could have folded rather than continued ... and I have so many happy memories from previous visits ... and I know my chance will come again.

So very best of luck with your F5's and see the winners and losers on the other side. x

Edited by alakurt
  • Upvote 1