Pangea

tumbles

2 minutes ago, brightyoungthing2 said:

An earlier iteration of the spider?? This was in 2009..... seemed like an apt place to share!

1.jpg

That's the Afterburner.

A previous stage, that still goes to some events.

https://www.arcadiaspectacular.com/installations/

On 5/26/2019 at 11:48 AM, Madyaker said:

Lots of DJs so a spotify playlist won't be very useful as they could play anything in their sets and some probably have nothing on spotify. Look at the names and go search on youtube, soundcloud, mixcloud etc

Agreed, Spotify is definitely far less useful for getting a flavour of DJs than it is for live acts. Nonetheless I’ve looked up acts’ recent tracklists (where possible) & included their own material/remixes if they’ve played them (which the majority have), both on the main playlist & the extracted one @cb4747 has posted above. There is also the odd bit of guesswork (recent releases etc). Any suggestions for improvement welcome.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

Agreed, Spotify is definitely far less useful for getting a flavour of DJs than it is for live acts. Nonetheless I’ve looked up acts’ recent tracklists (where possible) & included their own material/remixes if they’ve played them (which the majority have), both on the main playlist & the extracted one @cb4747 has posted above. There is also the odd bit of guesswork (recent releases etc). Any suggestions for improvement welcome.

I started this Google Doc over on the dance/electronica thread for just this purpose. I've been adding sets from confirmed DJs when anyone has posted them and plenty of people have just added directly. It's nowhere near the comprehensive masterpiece of @Brave Sir Robin (which I am truly grateful for) and it only covers a small number of acts but it should help people get a better idea of what to expect from some of the DJs.  @Madyaker & @DJL - see what you think!

EDIT - here's the link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1BzyCqFTgA8W64VGxlTA-ctmum77HUPvjltC8MJ8K0uc/edit#gid=0

Edited by hmmmloddy
Forgot to add the link
  • Upvote 4

On 5/24/2019 at 11:41 AM, found home in 2009 said:

Was curious as I know someone that loves Black Madonna and a few people on here mentioned her.

Is this video representative of her sets? I find it a bit meh.

Also didn't realise she wasn't actually black, but presume everyone else already knew that :D

Mixing at the start of that video is shockingly bad :O

4 minutes ago, Homer said:

Christ - that is dreadful! Didn’t the backspin get outlawed in 1994?

Fuck me - just forwarded randomly to 25.5 mins and she does it again! Can she actually mix? No excuse for that when mixing house where the tunes are made specifically in a way that they can be subtly blended together! 

6 minutes ago, Homer said:

Fuck me - just forwarded randomly to 25.5 mins and she does it again! Can she actually mix? No excuse for that when mixing house where the tunes are made specifically in a way that they can be subtly blended together! 

That at 25.5 is brilliant. Ive just gone to that.

Just now, Homer said:

So, why is so rated?! I’ve never bothered to listen before. I can mix better than that! And I haven’t mixed for about 8 years.

I did listen to an Essential Mix she did. Thought it was decent so I've been looking out for her. Was only 30 minutes though and probably prerecorded.