Pangea

tumbles

1 minute ago, bigfurbdogg said:

What's the sound been like on Arcadia the last couple of years? I know that the South East Corner is allowed to go later and louder due to it being further away from residents. So with Pangea being in/near the Park, can it still blast out the tunes?

Sound was pretty shit til about 2015. 

2manyDJs was bouncing.

2016, saw Carl Cox and that was loud

51 minutes ago, bigfurbdogg said:

Good to know! Can ruin the whole thing for me if it's too quiet, awful when you can easily hear people talking over the music.

Will be interesting this year. By 2017 the Spider's ( :( ) sound was pretty stellar. Very crisp and clear and plenty loud, best of all from under the belly, where the three inward facing speaker stacks' output intersected.

I'm hoping there will be inward facing surround speaker with Pangea.

Ben

Edited by bennyhana22

8 minutes ago, bombfrog said:

What do people think the chances are of getting anywhere near this thing when Fatboy is on? Bearing in mind it's right after the headliners finish is it even worth trying?

If you go before the end of the headliners you'll get a good spot

Just now, bombfrog said:

That's kind of what I meant, not going to cut the Chemical Brothers short so is it worth going afterwards?

Yep defo but depends where you are Personally if you wanna see chemical brothers I'd maybe edge towards the back in the direction of Pangaea towards the end of the set.  Your already over half way there compared to the pyramid. If your in the front or middle of the crowd your gonna have to negotiate getting away from the other stage and it can get really busy crossing the railway line. I'd imagine a good portion of the crowd will head for fatboy

Just now, Spindles said:

Last time he played Arcadia he wasn't on til a good time after headliners finished, we made it to under the center of the spider with loads of time to spare.

I came over after the stones, across the other stage field and it was rammed.

17 minutes ago, bigbilly said:

Yep defo but depends where you are Personally if you wanna see chemical brothers I'd maybe edge towards the back in the direction of Pangaea towards the end of the set.  Your already over half way there compared to the pyramid. If your in the front or middle of the crowd your gonna have to negotiate getting away from the other stage and it can get really busy crossing the railway line. I'd imagine a good portion of the crowd will head for fatboy

Exactly what I did after the Chems in 2015 over for 2ManyDJs (which is fairly comparable though Fatboy is a bigger name) and we had no problems at all

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Homer said:

I came over after the stones, across the other stage field and it was rammed.

Curious, we took the same route, including gathering both sets of kids and still made it in time to be waiting around by the shed chatting to security for a while before he kicked off.  I guess our purposeful striding paid off.

The Chems always finish on block rockin’ beats, which is a bit crap. So I might just start legging it then. I’m not even a particular FBS fan (I’d rather it was carl cod or Andy c), but Arcadia after other is s bit of a no-brained.

1 minute ago, Homer said:

The Chems always finish on block rockin’ beats, which is a bit crap. So I might just start legging it then. I’m not even a particular FBS fan (I’d rather it was carl cod or Andy c), but Arcadia after other is s bit of a no-brained.

Carl cod b2b Andy c-bass

• Like 3
  • Upvote 8

Just now, Spindles said:

Curious, we took the same route, including gathering both sets of kids and still made it in time to be waiting around by the shed chatting to security for a while before he kicked off.  I guess our purposeful striding paid off.

Bring frank, I accidentally took some ket during the stones, which may have slowed me down a bit (I recall that My make friend and I had to hold hands).