2020 headliners

jj200

50 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Macca gone joint favourite with Swift on Sky Bet at 4/5. Probably money being placed on him but interesting its the same when we have no reason for Macca. 

Maybe the BBC interview has made people believe its him since they dont have efests to debunk the rumour.

Every article about Glastonbury at the moment references Macca so I'm sure casual punters are just reading that and going with it. 

It's funny that among the general public he's as good as confirmed, but if you follow this website it seems unlikely.

Was reading Twitter and we potentially have another place where FM said the muddy field. Reading the reaction to the Diana Ross announcement someone mentioned FM then someone commented saying they announced a field in London to someone replied saying they did so in Berlin also. That’s four times if true Isnt it? May as well send the screenshot. Of course it’s Twitter but it’s another place they have said so. It could be a stacked lineup. Who knows. 2357AC0F-32AD-45FA-87E9-9B69A4DDE6ED.thumb.png.a16540260285539a0b87f63d6fd6b90f.png

37 minutes ago, Nick Aldous said:

Macca was in The Beatles and Taylor Swift has songs about being dumped.

Yesterday is about being dumped.

It gets put up quite a bit here and it’s pretty sexist how when women (mainly Adele, Swift) write songs about breakups it’s immature but when a guy dude does it, he’s a deeply emotional dood. Sooo let’s pack that one in.

• Upvote 3

21 minutes ago, jparx said:

It's funny that among the general public he's as good as confirmed, but if you follow this website it seems unlikely.

I'm getting worried now that things have changed and my info is now wrong. 

It certainly wouldn't be the first time I'd thought someone was headlining a year before they headline, although this would be a first (I think) where i'm convinced they're not headlining the year after i'd first thought they were.

:P

2 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

It certainly wouldn't be the first time I'd thought someone was headlining a year before they headline, although this would be a first (I think) where i'm convinced they're not headlining the year after i'd first thought they were.

and so it begins! :ph34r:

PAUL MCCARTNEY

FLEETWOOD MAC 

TAYLOR SWIFT

If the informations wrong I can see this being the trio. PM and FM booked two years prior with Taylor when they knew she was about. Strongest headliners they would have and seems likely for the 50th more so than having 75 who I reckon could take a slot in 2021. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

What is your information, with regards to Mccartney that makes you believe he isn't playing next year? 

Backing up to that tweet a few posts up, I've gotta say if Springsteen got announced, I'd take that. I saw Blinded By The Light earlier this year and didn't realise just how many of his songs I know and actually enjoy. I know it's not a rumour, but I'd be happy if it came out of nowhere

We’re playing down the 50th anniversary as being just another year but what if Glasto really have fucking pulled the big guns out and the top of the bill is going to be Paul McCartney, Fleetwood Mac, Taylor Swift, Diana Ross.

Heck... I’m even thinking now if they’ve genuinely managed to convince Taylor to play the Miley slot!

3 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Heck... I’m even thinking now if they’ve genuinely managed to convince Taylor to play the Miley slot!

There is not a chance that Taylor Swift is playing third from the top at Glastonbury. Nor is there a chance she is playing second from the top at Glastonbury.

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

We’re playing down the 50th anniversary as being just another year but what if Glasto really have fucking pulled the big guns out and the top of the bill is going to be Paul McCartney, Fleetwood Mac, Taylor Swift, Diana Ross.

Please don't get me too excited, because I've been thinking the same.

My girlfriend and I love Kasabian, and we were talking the other day about the possibility that they might come back for the 50th, taking a lower slot. We've met the band a lot, and they have often spoke about how much they love the festival. We'd love to see it. She became a fan by chance, watching their set in 2014 on TV, and I was there (you can actually see me on the broadcast). We met just over a year later at one of their gigs. It would be a perfect circle if one day we managed to see them at Glastonbury together.

Very unlikely, but you never know.

Just now, Matt42 said:

I'm pretty sure i';ve not posted about this before....

there's a geezer who normally sends me just one email a year with a bit of info, normally one or more headliners for a major fest. He's never been wrong yet.

About 18 months ago I managed to strike up an email convo with him for (I think) the first time, and he said he'd been told some stuff for Glasto 2020, and he told it to me.

The headliners were three of the biggest possible names. I think there might have been a bit more than that too.

I can't remember what he said now, so you'll have to bare with me while i try to find it. :P 

1 minute ago, eFestivals said:

I'm pretty sure i';ve not posted about this before....

there's a geezer who normally sends me just one email a year with a bit of info, normally one or more headliners for a major fest. He's never been wrong yet.

About 18 months ago I managed to strike up an email convo with him for (I think) the first time, and he said he'd been told some stuff for Glasto 2020, and he told it to me.

The headliners were three of the biggest possible names. I think there might have been a bit more than that too.

I can't remember what he said now, so you'll have to bare with me while i try to find it. :P 

It's.....Emeli Sande

• Upvote 2