2020 headliners

jj200

3 minutes ago, Doug85 said:

I never really understand the total roasting of Kasabian apart from the fact they have released some shit however most bands do. I do think they try to make music for arenas than anything else. 

They are much better live than I ever thought they would be. 

I haven't actually listened to an album since West Ryder. So in my head they're still incredible! 

5 minutes ago, Radiochicken said:

Don’t worry about this. 

I’ve put 10 of my hard earned pounds on Coldplay being a headliner. 

I never win bets 

I was at a ‘thing’ tonight with Mark Radcliffe. He was asked about headliners for next year, or rather who he would like, but his first response was that Paul McCartney might be doing it. 

Which can be said about almost any act I guess!

For the record, I like Kasabian too. Genuinely not arsed about T Swizzle.

Kasabian have just had their time to be honest. They had a respectable peak and released a few decent albums and singles. They headlined and had their moment but I think after their obvious peak headlining Glastonbury I don’t think I’ve heard anything else from their output.

I know they released another album but I can’t say I know a single song from it. I don’t really know anyone in person either who is a hard core Kasabian fan.

I could see Glastonbury in a few years turning to them if the lineup was in a sticky place one year, however, I don’t think they will be rushing to get them back. Relevancy is a subjective thing, and the Killers are a prime example that a band can hammer the festival circuit and still get booked (just like Muse). However, the killers and muse still have a devout fan base and sell lots of tickets across the world. I feel like Kasabian are just kinda done - they had their moment and now new music from new bands is taking the space which they occupied.

8 hours ago, Doug85 said:

I never really understand the total roasting of Kasabian apart from the fact they have released some shit however most bands do. I do think they try to make music for arenas than anything else. 

They are much better live than I ever thought they would be. 

Their output since West Ryder has been dreadful. They've gone the same way as MUSE and Kings of Leon in many ways, solid 3 albums to start their careers then less quality. You kinda wish these guys would give it up and go away for 10 years.  

9 hours ago, priest17 said:

Shall we just have a week where we all get behind Macca, Mac, and Swift? Like, as a treat? Next Thursday, straight back to Foals vs. 1975, but no ones getting ruled out in the next week, we could actually enjoy ourselves for a little bit before it starts heating up heading into Christmas.

Foals' new album is out next week. Can't wait for the "but there are not hit singles and nobody is buying this" Vs the "it's incredible, totally made for the pyramid" arguments. 

8 minutes ago, reflekting said:

Their output since West Ryder has been dreadful. They've gone the same way as MUSE and Kings of Leon in many ways, solid 3 albums to start their careers then less quality. You kinda wish these guys would give it up and go away for 10 years.  

Pretty spot on. They’ve gone steadily downhill since WRPLA, although each album does have one banger on it and they are really great live still. The best thing they could now is get back together with Chris Karloff, he was the main songwriter and the brains behind their sound on the first album, which is obviously their best. Still hold up today as well 15 years (!) later. 

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

And if she doesn’t.... it does feel weird how much Macca is being reported despite info that he isn’t doing it.

how the question gets asked will influence how she decides to answer it

She's much more likely (I think) to give away the score with Macca if she gets asked a simple "Is Macca playing?" than if it's a more-long winded question that perhaps includes names of other bands.

My impression is that Emily is always fairly keen to kill off a wrong rumour that's getting repeated a lot - probably mostly because she doesn't want to misled people but also because it's bad form to wrongly associate a name with your event.

2 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

how the question gets asked will influence how she decides to answer it

She's much more likely (I think) to give away the score with Macca if she gets asked a simple "Is Macca playing?" than if it's a more-long winded question that perhaps includes names of other bands.

My impression is that Emily is always fairly keen to kill off a wrong rumour that's getting repeated a lot - probably mostly because she doesn't want to misled people but also because it's bad form to wrongly associate a name with your event.

Yeah she’s done it plenty of times before. I think she will definitely disclose something in these talks she’s doing. It’s exciting times!